main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Jumpcon July 18,19th, and 20th Backbay Sheraton

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewykingwookie, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    There's still Gerald Home (Mon Calamari officer and Tessek [Squid Head] in RotJ)

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    their website looks to be fairly new and they have information all over the place. if you go to another page for buying tickets you see who is going to be there and can purchase tickets for autos, breakfast, lunch, etc. I am not sure what to make of this con, but I will attend to see what it is all about.

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey guys, Actually Jumpcon Boston is getting even better by adding lots more guests. Mainly because they cancelled 2 cons elsewhere and moved guests to the Boston one which is supposed to be the big one of the tour.

I'll be there mainly for the Doctor Who guests. --Billy

4. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Hey guys here is the updated link for Jumpcon - Boston

I might make one day possibly? Not sure really.

5. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    So are there any Star Wars guests at this event? Someone mentioned a few, but I didn't see them on their website, maybe I overlooked them.

6. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    There is at least one...can't think of his name offhand, but the guy who played a Mon Calamari officer and "Squid Head" in RotJ.

7. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    That would be Gerald Home and he is no longer on the Boston guest list. It's looking like it will now be a Star Trek-heavy convention with no SW guests. I have to be honest in saying that if this stays as-is, I'm not sure I'll be attending.

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am not sure how up to date their guest list pages are, but their buy tickets section still has two SW guests available to purchase autos, dinners, lunches, and breakfasts with. those two are Ian Liston and Gerald Homes. I am not sure what to make of it. The site seems to be too contradicting to me. I will still probably end up going on Sat regardless.

9. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2008
    The MA Jedi Temple and Alderaan Base and 501st will be at JumpCon just wondering if there are any members that would be heading up there as well.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I was planning on it, but with the lack of SW guests (ZERO) and the fact that they haven't addressed any of my questions over in their forums, I'll be avoiding this one like the plague.

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    this con seems to be a little unorganized to say the least. people they had "scheduled" for the Boston leg have other commitments and aren't coming or are just coming for one day. They are still finalizing guests from what I understand kinda crappy since this is next weekend. From the guest list they have posted it looks to be more of a Star Trek con than anything else. They are supposedly finalizing Gerald Home (squidface) and possibly Ian Listor (sp) But who knows what will happen there. I may end up passing now as well. Unless others from the Central MA want to go and split parking and stuff like that.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    If I do cave and end up going, I'll take you up on that offer Jorge. I know I will NOT be going on Saturday. We're taking the kids out to Six Flags that day, but if I can find a family member to watch the kiddies on Sunday, I may go just to see how much of a train wreck this con ends up being.

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    this con could be a train wreck I am not sure yet. if you are a Star Trek fan this could be up your alley. But I did see some actors that weren't in Star Trek that I kinda want to see. There are a few familiar faces amongst the attendees so it wouldn't be a total loss hopefully.

14. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

May 28, 2008
    It looks like i am just going up there on saturday. hope to meet some of you.

15. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I thought about going to this but I can't even get onto the website for this con???

I can't see who,what,where this con will have. :(

If someone has another link please post it here.

Chris

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    try this one chris newer site.

http://jumpcon.com/

17. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I may go to this after work on Friday and give a report of my findings.

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Looks like this was just canceled for this weekend. here is a link to the announcement.

http://jumpcon.com/?q=node/604

19. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

May 28, 2008
    From the Rebel Legion/Alderaan Base:

I JUST SPOKE WITH THE JUMPCON OFFICE AND I WAS TOLD THAT THEY HAVE CANCELLED JUMPCON.. ALL JUMPCONS INCLUDING BOSTON. THEY DID IT ONE HOUR AGO AND ARE IN THE PROCESS OF NOTIFYING GROUPS.

I HAD CALLED CONCERNING TICKETS AND OUR TABLE. LOIS, THE WOMAN WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE, SAID IT IS CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF FUNDING. I PRESUME THAT MEANS THEY DID NOT SELL ENOUGH TICKETS.

20. nefe-vicechair

nefe-vicechair Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2008
    United Fan Con is coming to the rescue of fans in Boston.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Randolph, MA. ? July 17, 2008 ? United Fan Con Inc., a small not-for-profit fan-run group located in Randolph MA, has stepped up to give the fans in Boston the fun-filled weekend that they were anticipating.

On Tuesday afternoon, July 15th, the Milford, NH based event promotions company, JumpCon LLC, cancelled a large Science Fiction / Pop Culture event scheduled for this weekend July 18th-20th at the Sheraton Boston Hotel. This is a second time in the last two months events like this have collapsed at the last minute, in June Fed Con USA in Dallas , TX canceled the rest of their show during the actual event itself.

United Fan Con has been producing fan-run events in Massachusetts for the past 17 years and knows when events are canceled like this it leaves a bad taste in everyone?s mouths; it hurts everyone involved: actors, agents, hotels, other promoters and especially the fans. This time it is different, a lot of fans that were planning to attend the now canceled Jumpcon Boston have rallied together to put on there own mini convention. It started with online forum posts discussing the situation and then moved to the realization that many people were still coming to Boston regardless of the JC cancellation. These fans decided to organize and started planning a mini fan event. United Fan Con stepped in to help the fans make it happen, giving the fans the funds to rent space at a new venue and use of any and all equipment and supplies needed to host an event. In addition UFC is contacting actors, agents and vendors with the hope of making this an exciting weekend.

This Fan Con will be free to all attendees and include; games, videos, fan panels, auctions, vendors and more. The event will take place at the Hilton Back Bay, located at 40 Dalton Street, Boston MA (directly across the street from the Boston Sheraton). The event will run from 3pm ? 10pm on Friday, 10am ? 6pm on Saturday and 12pm ? 6pm on Sunday.

Here is what is being said about the fans efforts:
    ?It's really cool that you are trying to help these poor fans?. - Bob Catalano, Westland Productions
    ?I hope you can make something happen with the fans, thanks for doing this.? Julie Catlin Brown ? Illumina Productions,
    ?How nice of you to reach out and see what can be done. We greatly appreciate your thoughts and willingness to try and make something positive out this fiasco Thank you?. Erin Gray - Heroes for Hire.

What we need is you, the fan, to get the word out! Tell all of your friends and tell us how you can help. This is a true FAN CON!

If you wish to help plan this event please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jconcons/

For the latest information, go to http://www.nefe.us

21. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

May 28, 2008
    When would this be happening???

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    from what it looks like it will be this weekend just like jumpcon was supposed to. from their yahoo group it looks like a lot of the people who were coming here from out of state for this con are in MA now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.