June 20 - final day for Clones DLP at Valley View

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I figured this is something everybody would want to know. I figure I'll go at least once more before then.
  2. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
  3. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    WHAT! :eek:

Has this been confirmed by Valleyview? It doesn't make sense; it's the only digital screen in the area. If they need to open theaters for new releases...take the non-digital ones!
  4. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    The info is direct from VV Cinemark. I called to see if Clones was still going to be playing on the 29th for all those people coming from out of town and was told "next Thursday" was the final day for Clones in DLP. I figure the new Tom Cruise/Steven Spielberg film wil replace it ib the DLP theater.
  5. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Check the web page at Cinemark's site. It appears that Clones will be replaced by... "Lilo and Stitch".
  6. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    ~~IMPORTANT!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!~~

Hey guys, my sister has a great idea, she thinks that if a lot of people call VV, and I mean A LOT, like, everyone who wanted to go, they might have a special showing for us. If we would thell them that we had this date planned awhile ago and that people are coming from other states (i.e Michigan, Indiana, Pennslyvania), how many are going to make the trip, then maybe, just maybe they might get it for one showing for us.

Or, like my sis said, find out if popcorn and drinks comes with renting out the theatre, and if it does, then maybe it would be worth it to rent it, if we got over 100 people or so, considering the guess amount of people that we added up.

Also, we were thinking if we do rent it out, then maybe we could advertize for the "Die Hard" Star Wars Fans, that the Cleveland FF is going to have a showing of AOTC on _____ date. That would lower the cost of admission if we could fill the theatre entirely. We should have someone to call so then people won't go to the theatre and can not get in. Krash, since you work at 19 news, maybe you could do the advertising.

We need to have people pay in advance or, confirm that they are coming so that we are not stuck with a big bill.

GOOD TIME TO RECRUIT PEOPLE!!!! :D :) :D :)

If we want to do this, it is possible that we can do this!
  7. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Finally, I get to say the line as a practical application in every day life:

"I have a bad feeling about this."

:(
  8. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think it will change what happens. It's lost, there is no way they will keep it in the digial just for us.
  9. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    But if they knew how many people were going to be coming on that date just for the digital... then maybe they might.
  10. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I think you are overestimating the number of people who were coming. I figure maybe 30, no way Cinemark is going to spend all the money involved just for so little return.
  11. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe 100 people, but then if we wanted to it would cost us. I think the movie is out. :(
  12. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I was at Cinemark today doing the Doo and I asked about this. The manager said the person to talk to was George Lucas, sadly I've misplaced him phone number so someone else is going to have to call and ask him.
  13. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    You know I think I lost his number in the trash. Oops. ;) Yeah right.
  14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    "The manager said the person to talk to was George Lucas"

Sure, GL could care less about theaters dropping his vision of how AOTC should be viewed. Thanks for asking about that Don; I'm still going to complain about that when I'm at the VV.

Since the digital showing has fallen apart, and Columbus (I haven't checked with the other cities yet) are still interested in meeting us...why don't we move this to the "SW Celebration II.5" thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.