main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX June 2007 Houston FanForce Meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthButt, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Alright... just a preliminary thread.

Stag's Head, TI? Name the date, man. :)

Or we could do bowling or something to that effect.

Other ideas/plans/bars are welcome. :D

2. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Well, I could stay with Stag's Head. Maybe look at June 1st or 8th (both Fridays)

We could do a weekend afternoon meeting, or pick another place... since folks have been scarce for the last few Thursday meetings, another day/place/time may help get some attendance.

All users of this forum are strongly encouraged to make suggestions for a meeting... any ideas from the silent majority?

3. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    The weekends would be better for me because I don't even get off of work until 5PM and pretty exhausted when I get home. My husband is also allergic to alcohol so a bar is not the ideal place for us.

4. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Weekends are more of a challenge for me but I can work with it. Any food preferences for anyone? Friday night might get more to show up. Sunday is my day to be with my wife but the night might be workable. Lets keep the ideas coming in. I look forward to meeting everyone. We have had fun so far so let the good times roll on.

5. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Hey, long time lurker here. I've been meaning to post.

I would love to get together, but weeknights are just awful for me, even Fridays. Sometime on the weekend would be much better.

The venue and location don't matter as much (I have no problem with a bar). I would prefer someplace where people can talk and get to know each other, instead of a place where you "do" something (like seeing a movie, bowling, etc.).

6. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I wish there were some conventions and such like they always seem to have in Dallas. That would be easy for me and my family.

Hey Erik! Good to see you here on the boards!

7. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Hey Jeff! Have you made it to any of these Thursday get-togethers?

8. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    So far its been SM,TK,and GK who have been there. We want more to come. We have fun talking about any and everything. I think Stags Head is still the best choice.

9. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Hey Erik,

Yeah, as SM stated, just those guys have. Hats off to them. I'm kinda like Phuong, weekends may be better for me. And I'm always worried about driving all over the place, I need to get over it.

I did try to go to the San Jacinto thing, but did not pay attention to time and location. That one would have been great because my two little ones would like to see the 501st guys.

10. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    The Battleship was fun for me has the 501st allowed me to suit up and join in the fun. Great people to hang out with. Third Planet was fun also. Standing out front and hearing all the honking was a blast. It would have never happened if I had not gone to the meetings. It is also why I am working on my Snowtrooper armor. Come out and join the fun.

11. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    I like Stag's Head as well, but if we were to meet there on the weekend, we might have to go early to avoid the evening crowd. This would be especially true if we had a larger turnout and need a large table. If the bar scene isnt the best, maybe a banquet room at an affordable restarant would work out (if we get enough troops to show up!) It might sound cheesy, but Golden Corral has them, and a fairly diverse menu. Or maybe a pool hall, or perhaps a cabaret. Ok, strike that last one from the record...

12. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    So what day should it be?

13. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Maybe we could all get together at or after the Hard Rock Cafe USPS Star Wars stamps roll-out party on the 2nd (see other thread in this forum)

14. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Does Friday night at the Head sound good for anyone or should we try for Sat night? I need to do my schedule soon so I can be free for it.

15. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Friday the 25th or the 1st?

Either one works for me.

16. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I am in for Friday at the usual time. I work late on Sat due to HS graduation for most of my employees.

17. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Does anyone want to try for something Friday night? The holiday screwed up my weekend and HS graduation was a unexpected nightmare.

18. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I could possibly do this friday (6/1) but normally weekends are better for me.

19. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Let Me know when you are going to have your meeting. Thursday Nights are always good for me. I'l like to meet you guys and maybe even bring my Droid for you guys to see.

Dan S.
    Houston Droid Builder
    Droid Builders Guild - Outer Rim

20. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I WILL BE THERE ABOUT 6.30 OR SO FRIDAY.

21. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Folks, I can't make it over there today unless something saves my tail from work stuff, which I don't have a good feeling about just now.

Have fun in my absence...

:(

22. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I have a last minute wake to go to with my wife so I am out. I talked with Ruban and think we should try for next Thursday. We both can make it. This sound good to anyone?

23. anakinobiwan

anakinobiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Hi, I just returned from C4 (amazing!) and would really like to start attending fanforce meetings. Looks like we're still organizing June's meeting so hopefully I can make it!

24. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    DANG! Work is preventing me from making it tonight. Hopefully we can get together soon...

Have fun, folks!

25. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Anybody down for potato skins and drinks this week? I'm good for either Thur or Friday...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.