main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge June 2016 Word Race! PLEASE POST FINAL COUNTS BY JULY 3RD.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , May 24, 2016.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    If you destroy it all, it won't count for this...right?

2. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
  3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Looks like my final count will be 7409. Whew! I honestly didn't think I'd manage this much this month, and things started out very slowly, but for whatever reason they picked up in spades toward the end. Just how it goes sometimes, I guess!

leiamoody likes this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Local times PLEASE! :)

Which brings me to the announcement! Please post final word counts by July 3rd.

However colours and whatnot will probably not be given out until the 4th (or so). My sister is on her way for the Canada-Day long-weekend, so I won't be around all that much.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey, my fanfic count contracted slightly to 5704

Now I seriously doubt my RP count will get me to 10k, but let's give it a try....3000. Wow. Nice round number. But not nearly enough for two days of colours. "Hulk sad." :(

Total: 8,704

6. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    5,431 for me. Not a very good month, sadly. :/

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    My total is still at 12,639. I'm opting out of the colours though :)

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    So, unless somebody who signed up comes out of nowhere with more words than I wrote, I would like to suggest something.

Is there a chance for the other ten people getting that advertising thread? So many of them were close to 10K, three of them went over 10K - we have a newbie who was on a roll, a person who says she wrote more than she did in a long time and a person who managed to finish a 300K fic after a long period of ups and downs with the said story. :) And the two people who are not satisfied with their results could use some motivation, too!

This is my wish, accept it as the rules allow. I am aware that it involves contacting nine people, but eight of them would've been contacted about colours either way, so I hope it would not be too much of an in issue.

Not opting out of colours, though, hence my signature. I'm secretly a sentient parrot typing with her beak. I CAN'T WORK, I GOT FOUR BED RATS. I CAN'T WORK. A BED RAT. I LIKE THE COKE, A DRY COKE, THEN CALL SARAH. FOOTBALL'S ON SARAH. GO ON THEN, WALK FOREVER, PORK PIE.

Findswoman likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Congratulations everyone, no matter how many words you managed to write.

Alright, so if my two brain cells actually accomplished something correctly, this should be the final counts!

Briannakin - 6795
    Chytuck - 12369
    Earlybird-obi-wan -11 368
    Ewok Poet - 27 412
    Findswoman - 7409
    JadeLotus - 7936
    leiamoody - 9004
    Pandora - 452
    Raissa Baiard - 2259
    Sith-I-5 - 8704
    Ugohr Poof - 13 127
    Whiskers - 5431

Ewok Poet - If you don't want the advertising thread for your fics, that is totally fine, you could advertise 5 other people's fics (say, the top 5 other people if you got their permission). It's a kind gesture, but now just feel like a duchebag for having to say no to 10 people getting an advertising thread (which might be a bit much). Mav and I have so little to give out as prizes, we need to keep what we have special.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Makes sense. And you're not a d'bag, nor I have ever gotten that impression from you!

So, the folks who crossed 8K aka "top five", would you be OK with this? :)

11. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
  12. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Congrats everyone!

It's a very kind offer Ewok Poet but I'm going to decline :) I feel that it would be fairer to pass the sticky advertising thread to the second person who wrote most if you don't want it for yourself, and we have a brand new thread to recommend other people's fics anyway.

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Paging Ugohr Poof and earlybird-obi-wan then, since the earlier has one single link. :) 1+4? :)

Just realised that the remaining top five individual had a thread come two weeks ago, so I'd better opt for esoteric comment spam galore instead. :)

That totally blew up. OK, I'm taking it. :p