main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge June 2016 Word Race! PLEASE POST FINAL COUNTS BY JULY 3RD.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , May 24, 2016.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    The things I'm hoping to work on are, in no particular order: The Book of Gand, two award-fics, and a story I thought about doing for the current OC Revolution challenge but wasn't able to start in time because of RL and such. Those prompts may come in very handy for the award-fics!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I don't know how well I'll be able to do on this, especially since my will to write has dropped heavily in the last month or so, but I'm going to hope that this will kickstart it. I'll probably be working on some Star Wars short stories or maybe dive a bit into the Forgotten Realms again.

Briannakin likes this.
  3. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    I will not apply this time, since it is better in my opinion to focus on the French version of my fiction before working on an English translation.

However, I wish good luck to all participants. May the Force be with you ;)

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I usually let people sign up until about half-way through the month, so if anyone changes their mind, let me know.

Although it will be officially June 1st in like 10 minutes here, I think I'm going to head to bed early. My muse is still being uncooperative, so maybe if I let it rest for a few days, it will come back.

But for everyone else! GET GOING :)

Findswoman , yahiko and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh, what the heck, sign me up. I don't think I'll get much writing done this month, but 'm so far behind on all my fics that any kick in the butt is welcome.

yahiko, whiskers and Findswoman like this.
  6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    So, I am sort of chomping at the bit to do another update for my Mary Formal and E-Branch background material project. Just done an update, and want to do another while the iron is hot. On that project, I like to do about two thousand words before posting.

Then the TFA-inspired thread needs some love shown its way.

Thinking of tackling the blue cheese planet, and/or orbiting cows.

I do worry recently that I over-complicate projects instead of keeping it simple, with my signing up for a Mara Jade rescue being a case in point. I see some writers knock up something for that challenge in a couple days, whilst my idea was involving time travel, crossovers, bribing Byss sentinels, and the Galaxy Gun; and frankly, there are easier fish to fry in terms of my schedule of existing fics. I'm bringing too much baggage to some story ideas.

Maybe that last bit should have gone on the Writers Desk, but its out in the open now. I just needed to vent.

Findswoman likes this.
  7. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Current word count: 1248

8. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    422 words so far.

Findswoman , yahiko and Ewok Poet like this.
  9. Ugohr Poof

Ugohr Poof Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2016
    Current word count: 2,539

Findswoman , Sith-I-5 and yahiko like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Good work, everybody! =D=

I'm yet to start - didn't even finalise the May word count sheet because I had some last moment changes for my DDC and some fanon that I had to count before I even think of formatting it.

Sith-I-5 - One thing that helps me is to see these things as works of art, not projects. That way, it feels less...formal. No pun intended. :D

Findswoman likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I see these things as "stress-relievers".

WAIT! Maybe that's why my muse TOTALLY VANISHED AS SOON AS MY COURSE WAS DONE. Ugh. That makes so much sense.

Seriously, I tried my hand at poetry this evening. My laptop nearly ended ended up across the room.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. Ugohr Poof

Ugohr Poof Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2016
    Current word count: 5,196

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Current word count 1.525

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So, do words count if I delete them?

I wrote the intro to a blue cheese planet idea at work, but rather than email it to myself at home (cos our email is monitored), I printed it to re-type later, and did not save the file.

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm a bit confused. Do you mean to retype them out? Then only count them once.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Only count it once, got it.

Thanks.

And if I don't re-type them? Write them off?

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Well, that is kinda up to you and your perception of this race. If you don't retype them and totally go in a new direction, you won't be posting those words ever, will you? But at the same time I don't expect people to ever post 100% of the words they count towards their totals.

I personally wrote about 800 words so far this month, but because I gave up on all those pieces I won't ever probably post them, so I'm not counting them.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey.

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I did it! I actually managed to produce something that was decent! Then I had to post it, otherwise I would have deleted it.

So my word count is a whopping 325!

Ewok Poet, Findswoman and Sith-I-5 like this.
  20. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    2678 (including the editing of a fanon post).

Sith-I-5, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  21. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Well, after going the first three days of the month without getting a single word down, I've now made it to 520. I'm hoping to get to at least 800 by the end of the day if all goes well.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  22. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    So far, I have 309 words.

It's just as well that I didn't have any particular word count goals for the month, because I started it off with a cold. (Though, despite that, I wrote most of those words on the very first day.) Now, I still have a cold, and I'm stuck at the beginning of a new chapter/scene.

Findswoman likes this.
  23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    My Muse clearly agreed with my eventual decision to start on this, and even with video research, 843 words with the first sitting.

leiamoody :eek:=D=

Lessons learned on the video research led me to adding new detail to a couple of preceding chapters, but I have not counted those words.

24. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    5275 7216, as of this very moment.

Sith-I-5, leiamoody and Findswoman like this.
  25. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    No change.