June 21, 2003 - Costume Workshop for Lord of the Rings DCon Group - Everyone Welcome!

Discussion in 'King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    This workshop is specifically for the folks participating in the LOTR Costume group for Dragon Con but EVERYONE is welcome. Admission is $5 at the door. Jenni and Wendy (and Julia?) will be available to assist with cutting, sewing and solving costuming problems. If you are bringing a costume to work on please bring your research, pics, patterns and all materials. We'll meet in my sewing room - two sewing machines, plenty of table and floor space, plus a PC for online references and a TV/VCR for movies. Lite refreshments will be provided.

Start time is 11am and we'll work til 4 or 5pm. The room can only accomodate 15 (and that's a lot) at the most so please only come if you are going to help or work on something specific. A signup will be provided in the next couple of weeks. After the workshop, we'll go for dinner and to hang out and relax.

Ringwraiths, this is your chance to make your costumes alike. Also, a chance for you to work on your boots with Zippy. Elves, hobbits, humans - come get your costumes cut out and start sewing if you haven't already.

Everyone else, if you have nothing to work on, then please lend your costuming expertise! :)
  2. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jenni, the NJO would be interested in this event I think.
  3. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The NJO may be interested, but I can only accomodate people that are directly involved with the LOTR costume group for Dragon Con or who want to help for Dragon Con. Let me clarify - when I said EVERYONE, I meant those involved with the LOTR group that have nothing specifically to work on but could lend a hand and help. Of course, everyone from KofP is welcome regardless of their participation. I will be having another one of these in late July/early August to accomodate Star Wars costuming and will be inviting the regional groups including NJO, GC, ECG, Rebel Legion, etc. I have posted the info above to the Fellowship of the Ring Costuming Yahoo Group created when we decided to do this project for Dragon Con. I'm not sure that any NJO folks are involved with our LOTR group but if they are, they will find out through the Yahoo Group created for that purpose. Thanks though. :)
  4. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ok Folks, the date draws near. It is not as far away as you think! Please RSVP to me, or if you are a member of the Yahoo Group RSVP on the Database link on the left hand side.

Thanks! :)

J

P.S. If enough folks from the LOTR costume group do not sign up, I'm going to open this up to other people from other FF chapters. :)
  5. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok I finally responded on the database.
  6. jackdoud Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey everyone. I wasn't planning to come to this but I thought I'd toss out that I've had experience in weaving chainmaile. If anyone's interested in adding some to their costume let me know and I'd be glad to help.

-Jack
  7. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    UP!

Reminder: Let me know if you're coming to this event!

8. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Well, we did a lot of work at the workshop last Saturday. Thanks to Wendy for lending her sewing expertise! I would like to try to schedule another of these for late July or August but it will be open to more than just LOTR costumes. :)

9. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm interested in helping out again, keep me posted. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.