main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson June 30th 9:00 Am Galactic Empire

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by hal9k1, Jun 8, 2007.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003

This date, time, and location are set in stone? It?s going to happen? I?ve heard no new news of information on it since the meeting.

Just an update:

Since they were directly requested. I?ve been playing phone tag with the DSG?s CO (Neil) for a week. I posted on their message boards requesting people come down for the food drive (dsg member please click the attendance thing on the event request). They seem to have something scheduled the day before, and no real info. on the attendance from PHX yet. I looked into getting the Rebel Legion also but I think Frank and I are it in the Tucson area.

I?d like to see if we can ask the Phoenix Fan Force if they would like to come also. I figured I?d ask here before I ask on their boards.

I can?t think of another relevant group to ask to join, you all know I?m trying (and not doing so well) in fostering a community in AZ. of Sstar Wars fans from all groups and disciplines.

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Seeing that I have no authorization to okay anything, I say go ahead and ask them. At worst they will not show up, which will be the same result if we do not ask them. So I say again, ask away.

3. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I work on the 30th, but I can ask if I can start a little later after the event is over... (darn crappy work schedule)

4. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Just got off the phone with Phil, we were playin a bit of phone tag, Damian you beat me to making the thread! :mad: No Patience!

Just kidding

Where: Galactic Empire 2510 E Grant Rd Tucson, AZ 85716

When: June 30th 9:00 Am til-?

What: 2007's first food drive benefitting the Community Food Bank!

This is a combined Fan Force event. We will have costuemd characters there per Phil's request, but greatly need non-costumed for food collection purposes, networking etc. Phil is contacting media outlets.

5. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Just wondering why this is called Galactic Empire? Is that the event name or a place? Sorry if it's seems a dumb question, but I guess I missed something.

6. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    It's a brick and morter store/museum. It's called that 'cause that's what Phil (the owner) named it. It's not a dumb question. http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/Order66/GalacticEmpire.htm

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You'd be best off also posting this on there offsite boards:

phxff.net

You'll reach the CR that way. ;)

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Thanks for the idea. I've done that before and not gotten the confirmation e-mail. I'll do another request for user on the off-site ForceNet PHX boards.

9. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. I know some people down here who would be interested in this place also. If I can manage a way up there, I'd like to make this event. Not sure if I'll be in costume or not.

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I just looked at the memberlist and you aren't on it unless you used a different name. Try registering again. If you don't get an email let me know and I'll persuade Void Dancer to validate you. [face_devil] [It's good to be the Webmaster's sister! :p]

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I didn't know that!

I attempted to re-sign up but it said that user name is in use. I requested a valadation e-mail again.

I re-signed up and got this....
    You were not able to log in. This was due to one of the following reasons:
    - Your username and/or password were incorrect.
    - Your account may be temporarily suspended due to inappropriate behavior. Try again in a week.

I think I'm trying to fast.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, I'm on it. I'll send Voidychan a PM and ask him to unlock your account.

As for the sister part, we are brother and sister by choice ;)

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Thanks.[:D] A bit confused as to your last statement.:confused:

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, this is my last hijack post of this thread. :p

Void Dancer is my brother by choice, not by blood. We adopted each other. Commander Choad from the PFF is also my brother by choice.

I do have a topic related question. Are you going to accept monetary donations? I found that was very effective for the food drive we did. We had the "Make a $1 donation and get your picture taken with a SW Character" thing.

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I think the idea of "charging" $1.00 donation (to the food bank) was discussed but never got further than that. It was a resounding success at the Katrina gig.

I know Phil (of Galactic Empire) said he would "knock off" $2.00 off admission to his shop if someone donated a can of food.

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Just an update:

I've asked the Phoenix Fan Force and the DSG if they would join us on the 30th.

17. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Dont know if you guys know this yet(you probably do) Phil is raffling of 2 force fx sabers for 1 dollar a ticket. and we can participate! Here is your chance to win a saber and convert it to a dueling saber!

Oh yeah bring some canned food too!

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    1 week from today.

Any new news or anything we need to know at this point?

Do we have a secure place to store our stuff inside?

19. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Can we hear from our CEC on this? Damian do we have any support at all from the DSG? What about Glenn?

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    4 of us ARE the DSG(Tucson).

So far it's just 3 in Tucson confirmed (Dustin?).
    tk-9285, TK-2035, Darth Talon, Mandalore, TD-9898, ctrooper, trpttrooper are maybe. thats 7. Looks like Glenn gotta work.

3 can't make it.

I've not heard from the Rebel Legion. The PHX FF are a maybe, I know they discussed our event at their last meeting.

Tucson FF will show. As far as costumed troops/jedi to attract people to the event we have 4 confirmed that I know of.

21. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    yeah Ill be there

22. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    i will b there 4 sure, possibly my 2 kids not sure on thier availabilty till we get closer to the day

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    5 people confirmed for this event.

24. PikeKrzoick

PikeKrzoick Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2006
    Yeah, Damian's right...I'm out of this one.

But thanks for thinking of me Chris!

I'm watching the boards and eventually our schedules are gonna match up. I'm planning on the Howl-O-Ween thing again, but I'd like to do something with you guys before that too. My armor starts getting cranky if it doesn't get out of the box for a while.

This one looks like fun, though, and it's for a great cause. Good media opportunity, too. I'll be thinking of you all and waiting for someone to post the pics!

-Glenn

25. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm coming to this event.