main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

June 7th event - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Since "the council" has agreed to shift the focus of our (in-person) gatherings from formal meetings...to focus more on just spending time together, it time to look ahead to upcoming events.

With many people needing time to schedule off work, I wanted to give everyone advanced notification about plans for a June get-together. Saturday, June 7th, 2003...The Jedi Knights of Cleveland will be gathering for a number of reasons:

* T-shirts (hopefully last-minute deliveries, by then)
    * Troy Denning HONORARY JEDI MASTER award signing (see my post for details)
    * Cedar Point, planning and discussion
    * Columbus cookout, arranging transportation and who's going?

and more importantly...
    Celebrate JediCandii's graduation from Padua High School!!!!!!

EDIT: Graduation party plans are shifting...stand by

We're thinking about meeting somewhere in the Cleveland Metroparks. So bring your lightsabers...soccer ball...football...whatever you want to do in the park, and we'll just have fun!!!

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    June 7th. Depending on the time that we meet I should be able to make it. I'll be returning from NYC on the 6th, but will be flying to Toledo, not Cleveland.

3. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Don't forget about Rachael. She's graduating this year too. Oh, and I didn't read this before I responded to your pm, Krash, so don't think that I'm just being stupid.

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I was thinking sometime around noon-1pm down in the Metroparks (there are a couple nice places we could go to)

Rach, Padmeg...all your friends (whom I've never met) are welcome; especially if they are registered members of the boards. And don't worry about the PM...I got the impression you read that first. ;)

5. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    That sounds good to me. I'll check with Rachael and Megan to see what they think.

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    So, aside from celebrating our "younglings" graduation from high school. I'd like to get together as many people as possible (many we've not seen for a while) for just an afternoon of fun.

Saturday, June 7th 2003
    location: Tinker's Creek (site of last year's Celebration II.5) weather permitting
    time: 1PM
    agenda: (short and "on target")

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I liked the place we met last year near Tinker's Creek. Plenty of open "battleground" for saber battles.

8. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    Well, today I just got something in the mail from Xavier. It turns out that I have to go take placement tests and schedule my classes for next year on that day. I could try to make it, but I don't know what time the thing at Xavier goes til, and it's kind of far away. But you should probably be there for a while, right?

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Ok, because of Candii has to be at Xavier (it would be silly to celebrate her graduation, and tell her to skip this)...we're gonna have to move the day around.

There are a couple possibilites (again Candii and Rachel's availability plays a big part) and this might require Darth-Zod to create a poll to get the popular vote:

June 1st (not much notice)
    June 8th
    June 14th
    June 15th
    June 21st
    June 22nd
    June 28th
    june 29th

I know Kim has schedule problems between 14-22, and Anrev works Sundays, plus Reborn and myself have problems scheduling around work. So while not everyone can be everywhere...everytime. I'd like us to get together more often then once every couple months.

If we have to have more informal events...so be it.

10. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    So was that a request to poll this?

11. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    You can scratch out the 28th right now, seeing as both mine and Rachael's graduation parties are on that day. Oh that reminds me... Anyone that I know (i.e. Cindy, Eric, Geoff, Emily, Will, Brian, Don, Kim, etc.) are invited to come to my graduation party. If you can come and want info, pm me.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    So was that a request to poll this?
    I dunno, we could still get together on June 7th...and just have a fun day in the park (talk a little buisness) and just hang out.

With Candii's family is having a party on the 28th, along with her invite...I for one would be glad to help celebrate her graduation from Padua then. It's not an "official" JKOC event, but should be alot of fun.

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    In light of the recent discussion about making Troy Denning an HONORARY JEDI MASTER (like Amy Allen)...JarJarJedi has taken on the assignment of creating a 8X10 of our group picture with Mr. Denning to present him (along with a JKOC t-shirt).

Cindy is working on contacting everyone who was at the Denning book signing, to get their signature...and this will be available at the June 7th event. Even if you weren't there, your name is welcome on this award for Troy Denning.

Fanforce briefing topics:
    * T-shirts (deliveries...right Brian?)
    * Troy Denning HONORARY JEDI MASTER award signing

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    One of the things we've discussed for the Cleveland website was "member profiles." One thing I'd like to do June 7th, is a sort of "school picture" day. I played around with the idea of taking snapshots (using our digital video camera) and creating some creative SW-themed pictures for everyone. If you can't attend the June 7th cookout, contact me...and we'll work something out.

15. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    I might not be sticking around, or be able to become a member, but I would like to maybe attend the event. Just to get to know some other FanForcers. Would that be all right?

16. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Of course that will be all right! :)

Always a pleasure to meet another Star Wars Fan! :)

Oh, I'm planning on coming.

17. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Hmm..well, I'll tentatively plan on coming. Do we know times or anything? I may have to play around with times at work.

18. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Geoff said before 1pm, but it could have changed by now.

19. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Hmm...hopefully it will be going on later in the afternoon, too...it would be nice to make it for part, even though Cleveland is, like, an hour drive, I think?

20. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Yeah, there abouts. Actually a little longer for you, it takes about 30 minutes to get to 76/71 from Wooster (that's where you're from, right?), and then about another 45 minutes to get to Tinkers Creek (if that is where we are having it). Not too bad

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I suggest we finalize a location and time. Tinker's Creek at 1 PM?

22. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Yeah, the sooner we finalize, the sooner I can kick some butts at work and make them give me the afternoon off. ;)

Silly McEmployee that I am...

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Tinkers Creek isn't a bad idea...I had this one spot (just off Snow Road, before Tideman Rd) as a good place for us to meet.

For the sake of timing...let's keep it at 1PM (site TBA)

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    As the recent jedi council meeting, we pretty much confirmed what we've been discussing on the boards.

Saturday, June 7th 2003
    location: Tinker's Creek (site of last year's Celebration II.5) weather permitting
    time: 1PM
    agenda: (short and "on target")

25. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I can be there 1 PM til 4 or 4:15 PM. Got to work 5-9 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.