main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX June activities

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Jun 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I've got some ideas for June, but I'd like to first open up the floor and see if you guys want to through out any suggestions.

2. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    beach par-tay!

heh, just kidding.

considering the heat, something indoor may be best, or activities held in the later afternoon, earlier morning.

those are my recommendations so far.

3. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I wouldn't mind going to the beach, but then do any of us want to see all of our pasty-white, computer-nerd, bodies in swimsuits? ;)

I'm still up for some lazer tag. let's just find a place and do it![/color]

4. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    see all of our pasty-white, computer-nerd, bodies in swimsuits?

hey, just because we're star wars geeks doesn't mean...i mean, just because we spend hours at conventions, reading books, watching the movies....what i meant is...oh heck, you may be right [face_blush]

Beach party would be a bit of a drive though in any event, if anyone has a pool or nice sized pond though...i'm willing to blind people if they're willing to blind people ;)

5. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [image=http://www.zsvideo.com/images/lazertag.jpg]
    :D :D :D :D :D

6. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    'and he pulls out his BLASTER!'

7. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Lazer Tag was the best. I had all the gear. The helmet, Vest, gun, and my brother had the big ol rifle. I wonder why it's popularity never really lasted. [/color]

8. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Well Goldbubbly there's a bayou behind my house.

9. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Lasertag was one of my ideas for this month. Does anyone know where a good Lasertag place is around here?

10. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    The only one that I know of is next to Midnight Comics.

11. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I noticed the talk about laser tag and thought I could help. On the NW side of Houston there are two places called Laser Quest that are pretty cool for laser tag. I go 4 or 5 times a year at least. One is on 1960 and Champion Forest in a little strip center and the other one is on Westheimer close to hwy 6. Here's a page with the info.
    http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?stx=laser+quest&stp=a&tab=B2C&city=Houston&state=TX&zip=77095&country=us&msa=3360&slt=29.901600&sln=-95.652100&cs=5

I've been following what's going on here since this chapter started I just haven't been able to make a meeting. I've also been real busy and don't always check this board.

If it's laser tag you want Laser Quest is great. The place is set up with a split level so you can find little holes to shoot each other. The guns are a whole lot better than what we had as kids. To top it off there's smoke periodicially so you can see the laser fine and black lights. It's something cool to do.

Bryan

12. Moontyger

Moontyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    Well, I admit I like laser tag, but I would prefer to do it not during the summer. It is better on weeknights during the school year. Less small people, if you see what I mean.

13. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
  14. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Thanks, Music, Crystala and Fingforfin. I see we have several choices. Fingorfin, you know if the one by Midnight is any good?

15. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]The one Darthmusic mentioned sounds pretty kewl. I think there's a LaserQuest or something down here close to me (webster) as well. I've seen it, but I can't remember where it is. [/color]

16. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Well, it's been fun everytime I have been there.

17. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    I know there is also a Laser Quest on Bay Area Blvd in Clear Lake. I've been there and it's not bad, though mos LQ places are pretty close to the same.

18. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    clear lake? is that southeast houston kinda? :confused:

19. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
  20. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    *ahem* make that 'houston outlander'. when you're over forty minutes oustide the city limits, you classify as a 'houston outlander' 8-}

if it's in clearlake i doubt i can go :( , but then ya never know when things will go my way ;)

21. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    from that same link queenie put up you can also get list of all of the LQ places they have nationwide. It looks like there are 3 in Houston: Clear Lake, Champions and Westheimer.

22. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Well, using the rule of 'mutually inconvient', Westheimer would be the best bet.

23. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    so when is this tag thing gonna happen? i need to tell people when to take off work ;)

24. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Well, probably towards the end of the month. Sorry, but I've been uber busy this week and haven't had time to look into it. I still want us to do it. Stay tuned.

25. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    I was in 'Hooters' at Gessner and Westheimer watching the game the other nite and noticed they'll be showing EMPIRE STRIKES BACK on monday 16th for their evening movie...

[then again, maybe it was tuesday?]

I'll check back....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.