main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY June Book Club Vote: Old Republic

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, I?m trying to knock out the 2012 book club reading list?so please do vote, even if you do not know if you will read the book 18 months from now. (?)
    This is for June, and I figured with the media hoopla surrounding the new MMO, including new books and comics for this new Star Wars epoch, it would be fun to dive into it. While the MMO lunches this winter, by June some of us may have played with it and can discuss both the book and your opinions of the game (are you a Sith, a Jedi, or a Bounty Hunter?).
    Me? I am staying as far away from this game as possible. Not because it looks bad, but because it looks awesome! I know with my personality type, all I would do would be to play this game. Not eat, not sleep, not go to work, not pay bills, not work on models, nothing.
    [Nerd Voice] My Wookie Sith Lord need 400 more XP to unlock Force choke
    So books:
    Deceived. Remember the trailer that had Darth Malgus destroy the Jedi Temple? This is the book that describes that, as well as the rouge Jedi that seeks to revenge her master?s death. Paperback.
    Revan. New Hardback, but may be a paperback by June. This will be about the Sith Lord Darth Revan as featured in the first KOTOR game. While he has, I think, been dead for hundreds of years by the time of the MMO this is still an MMO tie-in book.
    Fatal Alliance: The Jedi and Sith are in a state of cold war, a stalemate. What happens when they have to work together for fight a common enemy? Also, this book has battle droids and Mandos. I think this book spins off from the trailer that had the Alderaan battle?in that it has some of the same characters but takes place way after that battle.
    Other: Sick of the MMO? Just post a different book. This is a democracy. Kinda.

2. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Wow! I just realized that this is the month ole Appo will be done with his current campaign! [face_dancing] If I go by book club reads, it will get here really quickly! YAY!!!!! [face_love]

3. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Can we mail Appo a copy of the book (or I got or will get it on audio) so he can play when he gets back?

Shebs, I hope June gets here quick.

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm not gonna vote because I've already read both available Old Republic books and I WILL read the Darth Revan book as soon as it's out, I'm really looking forward to it...and hey...Drew Karpyshyn so you know it will be good. So anyway come June I'll be ready to discuss whatever book the group decides on.

5. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks for the sentiment my Jammies.... yea, me too.

And Mika... I had forgotten that the Revan book was by Drew! Oh my goodness.. :oops: can I change my vote! [face_hypnotized]

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Sure.

On the otherhand, the Reven book comes out next month, and the book clun won't meet till June. Can you wait that long to read the new Drew book set in the Sith age?

7. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    I'm in the middle of listening to deceived on audio right now lol, and as soon as I'm done with that, alliance will be next :)

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I love that they are doing them unabridged now. And the voices, music, and sound effects really add to that "theater of the mind."

9. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    In a nut shell..... ummmmmmmmmmm..... [face_thinking] ......... nope. [face_not_talking]:p

So my vote stands. [face_dancing] Thanks my Jammies! [:D]

By the way...... we are coming up on the Holidays. I know that Dar and Showtunes are due back from their campaign. Appo is supposed to be back too. What would the chances of a Lazer Tag Game night be?? .... Maybe renting the place for an evening?

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Speaking of the MMO; feel free to vote on an MMO tie in book for this June.
    (I know, I know, so far away-- but we need the list of books by the end of the year I think).

11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Decieved it is! Darth Malgus will be pleased, and just might be able aford that dental work he needs.

12. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Deceived it is then! WOOT! [face_dancing]