main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY June Book Club

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Ol Skool baby, ol skool. This month, we will not read anything younger than Dar.

Lando and the blah blah blah. by L. Neil Smith (I think, I'm doing all this by memory). A great look at the dashing smuggler before he grew his mustache. Lando tries to find some lost treasure, and gets more than be bargained for in a deal that gets worse all the time. Easy read, fun, and like the gambler himself; it doesn't take it self too seriously.

Han Solo at Stars End by Brian Daily. Han and the Wook take on the Coperate Sector ala Ocens 11, in what may be the first EU book ever. Amazing how star wars this book is, when all Brian had was one movie. Several fans view this, and the other 2 books, as the best stories of the EU. Stupid Cancer, robbing us of Brian Daily.

Unless this is the first EU book ever: Splinter of the Mind's Eye. Read the star wars sequal that might have been, then thank Kersh it wasn't. Luke, the Princess, and a mud pit. If that turns you on: this is the book for you (and you need help).

Yeah. The old newspaper stips. Recollected this year as a Dark Horse Omnibus, or in the 90s as 3 volume trade paper back, or a limited edition reprint in the 80s. Anyway, on March 12, 1979 United Features Syndicate started a newspaper comic strip set in the Galaxy Far Far Away penned by Flash Gorden author Al Williamson. While as old as me, the stories are some of the best of the EU still. No really, it is as old as me. It was the lead story in my hometown newspaer the day I was born (03/12/79)"Star Wars comes to the Comic Page."

Other? Put it here! (just has to be older than Dar).

Jammies

2. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Going with Han on this one. I have it and haven't read it yet, so now would be a good time to start.

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Yuzzem!!

4. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    STANG!! I meant to vote for Star End. The position of the vote button is cornfuzzing sometimes. Especially when you didnt'sleep well the night before voting. The smoke up here from the fires burning is atrocious. Not to mention that fires are starting so easily... and we're right next to the woods. A little nerve racking, and hard to sleep. Also, one of the smoke detectors kept randomly sounding off last night, well, it was the one with the carbon monoxide detector. It would sound off, then go quiet. I checked the battery and that is good, so it must be the smoke seeping into the house. GACK!! [face_sick]

Anyway, I meant to vote for Star End. Wow, this time, these were tough choices for me. [face_batting]

5. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Star's End it is! Trust me, you all will not be disappointed. It is really cool how well these books hold up. Also, most paperbacks have all 3 books in them. So, if you liked Star's End-- you can see what other high-jinks Solo gets into before meeting a farm boy and an old wizard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.