main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

June Dark Horse Comics- Clone Wars Volume 9, Legacy 1, and More!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Obiyodawinduvader, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    So, Jan, John, anyone....

Does that Twi'lek have humanoid ears or am I seeing cones (no taking that the wrong way, any of you)?

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Dang, he edited it before I could make a inappropriate comment. :p

They look like cones to me. Maybe the ears/cones variation depends on the subspecies...

3. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    That's something that irritates me a bit. In Oola's Tale in TFJP, it describes the things on the sides of her head as ear-caps, covering the actual ears, and that should follow for the others, shouldn't it? But the other Twi'lek females seen all seem to have ear-cones the same colour as the rest of their bodies, seemingly implying that their a part of them, except Koyi Komad, who, IIRC, has humanoid ears like every male Twi'lek I've ever seen depicted.

4. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I know there's a lot of excitement for Legacy, personally I cannot wait.

But I was looking at the cover for Volume 9 of Clone Wars... WOW! Best cover of the whole series, IMO.

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Definately.

Very dramatic, and not only fits very well with the rest, but looks much better and with Vader above the words "Endgame" with Vader standing there backing that phrase up. :D

6. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'm excited about this Rogue Squadron Omnibus. I never bought the TPBs, because they were too skinny for my taste. How much of the series is in there, as it's not one I'm very familiar with.

Edit:Spelling.

7. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Rogue Leader (3 Comic Series)
    Rebel Opposition (4 Comic Series)
    The Phantom Affair (4 Comic Series)
    Rogue Squadron Handbook (One-shot)

I think that's it.

8. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Only one that was any good was that handbook.

Never understood why folks liked X-Wing so much.

9. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    I've got to say that everything from Phantom Affair was pretty cool. Just mainly Rogue Leader and Rebel Opposition were pretty "meh".

10. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999

The cross dressing fighter pilots return!

11. lawnmowerman603

lawnmowerman603 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2002
    I'm also a bit miffed as I already have the three issues of Rogue Leader and NONE of the other Rogue Squadron comics. In the future I should really check these boards before heading to the comics store. I guess this is my karma for not snatching any of the Obsession issues and getting to Free Comic Book Day after all the copies were gone only to get both conveniently collected in a TPB.

On the other hand I won't need to worry about CW9, having already collected the individual issues.

Bring on Dark Empire!

12. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    As someone who lives for TPBs, I'm most excited about the X-Wing and final Clone Wars collections! :D I'm looking forward to more mega-sized TPBs in the future--the Long Time Ago series was awesome!

TC

13. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Agreed, the TPB news is outstanding. Looks like I'll have all my Clone Wars ending this summer! Sad, but exciting. Now if only they'd hurry with the new KoToR and Legacy TPB's...

14. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    True that

15. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I may get the Rogue Omnibus volume 1, if only for the rogue handbook and to have more than just TPA in a TPB form.

16. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

In the jungles of the Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk, Quinlan Vos wages a battle of impossible odds against his own troops to protect his loved ones. On the icy Outer Rim world of Toola, Jedi Master Kai Huddora takes a terrified Padawan into his charge after her own master falls to Order 66. Amidst the forests of New Plymto, Das Jennir finds himself in league with a band of rebels he?d led attacks against only days before. Not all Jedi are scattered across the galaxy however, and soon, a brave few will plot to topple Sith rule?by setting a trap for the newly unveiled Darth Vader!

Wow! And like they're going to succeed, right?

8-}

17. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Dark Horse, I love you! I'm extremely excited to get my X-Wing and CW TPBs, and Legacy is looking good. And Jan, don't let anyone but John and yourself work on that series. For your quality, we'll put up with delays (says the TPB man :p).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.