June Events (meeting/car wash)

Discussion in 'Columbus, GA' started by Phoenix21, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    We will have our regularly scheduled meeting on the 2nd Sunday of the month @ 3pm @ the Library on Macon Road. Bring ideas for the float for the christmas parade. Will continue to discuss DragonCon.

We will also have a car wash at McAlisters Deli on Veterans. It will be on 6/17 (Saturday before Fathers Day) from 11am - 2pm. 3/4 of the money raise will go directly to the Make-A-Wish foundation. The remaining 1/4 will go toward supplies to get the float ready for the Christmas Parade.

For those who missed it, we had a great time at Abby and Drew's for the BBQ - it was the 1st Saturday of May. Looking forward to more fun.
  2. jedi_kanol Jedi Padawan

sorry guys i wont be able to come to the meating just got my hours sorry i post my pics of my costume im working on
  3. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    We will miss you.

An update on the car wash. We will be keeping 10% of the proceeds and the rest will go to Make-A-Wish. Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible out there washing cars or in costume bring them in for some washing. [face_money_eyes]
  4. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    We were glad to see you, even if it was just for a few minutes on your lunch. We raised 100.00 or there abouts for Make-A-Wish. Probably would have done more but we weren't the only car wash out thre today. I don't believe the kids at the Waffle House were too please about us being out there, cutting into their car washing.

The costumer's were great. I know they just about melted, cause I was hot and out of costume. The people driving by really enjoyed them.

Looking forward to our next get together.
  5. MotF FanForce Chapter Rep Columbus, GA USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    The car wash was great fun (I'm recouping). Thanks so much to Abby, Drew, Robert & Cassy who stood out in costume - I know they were melting.

Can't wait to have another one, but this time.. Sept or Oct <G>. I know Holly was very pink and my arms were burned. Now if I can get my legs the shade of arms, I'll match <lol>

Make-A-Wish was very pleased with the results and greatly thanks our club and all customers who participated.

Cathy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.