main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, GA June Events (meeting/car wash)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Phoenix21, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    We will have our regularly scheduled meeting on the 2nd Sunday of the month @ 3pm @ the Library on Macon Road. Bring ideas for the float for the christmas parade. Will continue to discuss DragonCon.

We will also have a car wash at McAlisters Deli on Veterans. It will be on 6/17 (Saturday before Fathers Day) from 11am - 2pm. 3/4 of the money raise will go directly to the Make-A-Wish foundation. The remaining 1/4 will go toward supplies to get the float ready for the Christmas Parade.

For those who missed it, we had a great time at Abby and Drew's for the BBQ - it was the 1st Saturday of May. Looking forward to more fun.

2. jedi_kanol

jedi_kanol Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2006
    sorry guys i wont be able to come to the meating just got my hours sorry i post my pics of my costume im working on

3. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    We will miss you.

An update on the car wash. We will be keeping 10% of the proceeds and the rest will go to Make-A-Wish. Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible out there washing cars or in costume bring them in for some washing. [face_money_eyes]

4. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    We were glad to see you, even if it was just for a few minutes on your lunch. We raised 100.00 or there abouts for Make-A-Wish. Probably would have done more but we weren't the only car wash out thre today. I don't believe the kids at the Waffle House were too please about us being out there, cutting into their car washing.

The costumer's were great. I know they just about melted, cause I was hot and out of costume. The people driving by really enjoyed them.

Looking forward to our next get together.

5. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    The car wash was great fun (I'm recouping). Thanks so much to Abby, Drew, Robert & Cassy who stood out in costume - I know they were melting.

Can't wait to have another one, but this time.. Sept or Oct <G>. I know Holly was very pink and my arms were burned. Now if I can get my legs the shade of arms, I'll match <lol>

Make-A-Wish was very pleased with the results and greatly thanks our club and all customers who participated.

Cathy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.