main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN June FanForce Meeting (New day! New time!)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Alright, well it looks like the clouds of uncertainty have parted at work and I will finally be able to actually attend and host a Fanforce meeting for the first time in three months. This meeting will be the first FanForce meeting after Advenure Con, so hopefully given that we have a booth it will help drum up interest for us as well as our good neighbors at TSWCG.

The next meeting for Knoxville FanForce will be Wednesday June 11th at 7:00pm at Mr. Gatti's on Kington Pike. As always if anyone needs directions or has any questions, feel free to post here or PM or email me. Notification of the meeting will be up on the FanForce website shortly.

2. Jedi_Vol

Jedi_Vol Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2003
    One of these days I'm gonna come out and say "Hi", when I can pull myself together. It's been a a few months since I joined and/or posted and I've been meaning to make it to a meeting. :)

3. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, I hope you can. It's been an interesting couple of months for me as well, so I know the feeling. I'm looking forward to being able to induldge in the pizza buffet once more.. ;)

4. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    Hi, my name is Angela and my cousin and I go to knoxville quite often. We are huge star wars fans and would like to know more about your meetings. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

5. Lighthammer72

Lighthammer72 Jedi Master

Apr 11, 2002
    It's at the Mr.Gatti's pizza on Kingston Pike near where Papermill Dr. crosses it(west Knoxville). Where are you coming from? If I knew that, I might be able to give you better directions.

6. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    We live in Kentucky, but I pretty much know my way around k-town. What kind of stuff do you discuss, and are there any fees involved?

7. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    Make sure you give YodasQueen a difficult time when she gets there.

:D

Muahahahahahaha

j/k Queen ;)

Noval

8. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    We mainly talk about Star Wars related stuff as well as showing off our props, costumes, and toys. However, we also talk about all kinds of things because everyone has other interests. Topics have ranged from Dr. Demento to nuclear weapons so it's all over the map. It's a lot of fun and the food makes it nice.

No fees are involved or anything like that, so just come by sometime if you get the chance.

9. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    sounds good, if we get a chance tonight how do we find you?

10. Lighthammer72

Apr 11, 2002
    Well, it's not that big of a restaurant so look for a really tall guy in a baseball hat, a somewhat tall guy with a lightsaber and--you know, if you see the lightsaber you're probably in the right place. :D

11. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    LOL, thats cute. I just meant were you in a private room or anything.

12. Lighthammer72

Apr 11, 2002
    They do have a couple of rooms in the back that you can reserve for meetings and such, but we usually just find a big table in the main dining area. By the way, I wasn't trying to be a smartaleck; I was just funnin' with ya. Hope you can make it.

13. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Oh, I know you weren't being a smarty pants, I really thought that was cute.

BTW I liked the meeting, the lights going out was just funny. Thank you guys I had a great time.

14. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Yeah it was a lot of fun, and the power going out was an added bonus. ;)

I'm hoping that over the next few months we'll be able to get back on track and get some more folks out to meetings in the process. I realize that I don't exactly have a million things planned to do at each meeting, but I figure that on a weekday most folks would rather just sit down and chill rather than go skydiving or something. If you guys would like to try a weekday activity (like bowling or meeting at a park, I dunno) let me know.

Oh well, I'm glad you guys had a good time. I hope you can both make it back sometime. :)

15. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Oh, we will, at least I will, she will have to speak for herself, lol. I loved it. I wouldn't mind bowling or pool or something like that, it sounds really interesting. Its nice to finally meet people that get you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.