Knox, TN JUne FanForce Meeting

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    The next meeting for the Knoxville FanForce chapter will be on Friday June 17th at 7:00pm at Mancino's Pizza and Grinders on Middlebrook Pike. As always, if anyone needs directions or has any questions, feel free to post here, PM, or email me.

If you have any warriors, now is the time. :)

edited by Brotherhalo - meeting date changed at CR request
  2. iwannabeajedi21 Jedi Padawan

hi. i am jim the new want to be a member. june 8 until june 12, i will be in erie, pa, where my medical school is located for my graduation. i will not be back until june 13 early am. so, i won't be able to go, unless the date can be changed. is that possible? if not, perhaps i can still meet some of you after i get back, or i will have to wait until the july meeting. i am looking forward to meeting everyone!!
  3. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    I can change the meeting date to the 17th if that will work for the group, so if no one objects by Wednesday afternoon I will go ahead and get the date switched.
  4. iwannabeajedi21 Jedi Padawan

really? that would be awesome! that is on a friday! i would love to go!! please let me know if everyone is ok with it though.
  5. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    It's not a problem at all my wannabe jedi friend. Besides, we have changed or re-scheduled almost all of the meetings we have had this year, so I have gotten pretty good at it. :)
  6. iwannabeajedi21 Jedi Padawan

excellent! will it still be at 7pm? do you need my home phone number? it is 865-979-4799. jim. i can't wait to meet everyone!! do i need to bring anything? does it cost any money to join?
  7. Sith_Hobbit Jedi Knight

Hey ho folks! Anybody remember me? Sorry for loosing touch lately but things have been crazy. Anywhoo, Im back and will plan on being at the June meeting if all is good.
  8. iwannabeajedi21 Jedi Padawan

just out of curiosity, how many members are there? what is the age range?
  9. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    wannabeajedi:

All ages are allowed to attend and meetings are family friendly. There are no requirements or dues required in order to attend or become a member. Attendance varies, and how many show up depends on a lot of factors. We usually get around 5 or so, but it can be more or less due to the whims of life. As far as age range goes, it is anywhere from 18-35+ but again that all depends on who shows up.

So far I haven't heard any objections so it looks like we will be meeting on the 17th at 7:00 p.m. just like before. I hope you can make it!

-

It's good to hear from you again Brian, and of course I remember you! What have you been up to? Seen any good movies lately? ;)

So far as I know everything is looking great for the June meeting, so come on over and geek out with us!
  10. Sith_Hobbit Jedi Knight

Good movies??? Yeah One, well one about 700 times :) Im sure you can figure out which one that is.

Anyway, I can't really say what I have been up to, due to not being able to remember most of it. Just way too much working and stress type stuff. Lots o' bills, the usual. I haven't even had a chance to collect in a while, but all that is over now. Darth Bribo be back in full force, or something like that. Well things to do, see you guys in June!!!
  11. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    I know the feeling buddy. I threw a little "Star Wars is over..and oh yeah, one of my friends graduated from college" bash last Saturday and I don't remember large chunks of it at all. I guess that's a bad thing, but to me that just means it was a good party. My head didn't think so the next day, but I never cared much for it's opinion. Good times! [face_sick]

This Sunday I will be seeing the movie for the third time up at the cinemall in Abingdon. It's going to be insanely loud, large, and in charge and I am all about it. Any of you guys are welcome to tag along, but I am not doing any major planning or work for this at all. I did enough of that last week and I am going to take it easy this time around. :)

12. geekgal Jedi Padawan

Hi all, my name is Chasity and I hope to make it on the 17th. I live in Kentucky, a county over from the border, and sadly yours is the closest active fan force to me.
    I ran into Rosey at C3, and said that she was part of your group, so finding out that I slightly know someone in the group is the push to finally get me down there.
    I really hope I get the day off work, I'm really looking forward to coming.
  13. iwannabeajedi21 Jedi Padawan

what type of public activites does the club do? for example, i am sure that those who had a costume all went out to ROTS. what about any charity events, like toys for tots? or halloween? just wondering. also, how much does it cost to have a costume made, like darth vader or a storm trooper? how long does it take to make them. by the way, welcome chasity from kentucky. i am also a new member.
  14. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    That being the night before Adcon I might not be able to make it, have fun though!
  15. Darth Blasphemous Jedi Master

star 4
    Adcon, What is that? Also, isn't there come kind of a con coming to Knoxville the weekend before the meeting?
  16. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Adventure Con is the week-end of the movie June 18 &19 http://www.adventurecon.com/
  17. iwannabeajedi21 Jedi Padawan

how much does it cost to go to adventure con? will they have a lot of star wars stuff there? is anyone going?
  18. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey there fellas, how's it been? :D

I just got back from my trip, but my ears are still just across the Virginia border. The whole experience rocked and the best part was that being an audiophile me and the theater owner got along quite splendidly. Me and my buddies got to cruise between screens and offer suggestions to help them tweak the sound out on the new systems, and we finally settled in and saw the film all the way through at the main screen which was simply incredible. I will definitely do that again.

And now, on to the questions.

We meet in public, but outside of the occasional movie we haven't done much else as a group. I am not ruling out the possibility of doing a charity event, but we don't really have the numbers for something like that right now. The Adcon website should answer most of your questions about the event, but if there is anything else you need to know you would probably be better off to call or email them about it. I am planning to swing by on Saturday to see the sights but I am not doing a booth for it or to do a group gathering for it. All that planning hampers the fun!

Also, it is nice to meet you Chasity. I hope you can make it to the meeting! :)
  19. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't heard any questions or anything for a while, so I say it's high time we put this board to good use. How are guys doing? How many times have you guys seen the film? Anyone planning to go again this weekend? I am thinking that I will probably go Saturday night for my fourth viewing, so if anyone wants to form up a posse let me know.

Also, who would be up for Batman Begins on the 18th or 19th? That movie looks great, so we really should do something for it. EDIT: Actually, we could even go on the 17th but things might be a bit tight for everyone and there's a good chance of an evening show selling out if we don't get tickets in advance. It all sounds good to me though.

20. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can't make the meeting :( you guys have fun without me. I figured that something would come up because of adcon.
  21. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great to have you around Chasity, I was looking forward to seeing you, but I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as Angi and can't make the meeting because of adcon. Hope you can still go though, this is a great crew. Well, untill next month, and hope to see others at adcon :)
  22. geekgal Jedi Padawan

Sorry to hear that you won't be showing up Rosey. But our schedual was put up today, and I'm off Friday. So unless something happens in the next 7 days, I'll be there. Can't wait!
  23. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    What a busy weekend I have had! [face_tired]

Between the home PC crashing, being sick (still am), work, life, and social obligations I haven't had much time to do anything besides check the boards. I'm sorry to hear that you guys can't make it out to the meeting, but unless something happens I am planning to swing by there on Saturday so I will fill you in on what happened.

It's great to hear that you will be able to make it Chasity. I'm looking forward to meeting you and our other new members on Friday. :)

And now back to my regularly scheduled coughing and sweating.
  24. iwannabeajedi21 Jedi Padawan

well, i just graduated from medical school yesterday. it's official. i am now a doctor. i am looking forward to seeing everyone at the meeting on friday. does anyone know the street address, so i can look it up on mapquest?
  25. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Congratulations, and here is that address:

9209 Middlebrook Pike
    Knoxville, TN. 37931

And because I pulled it up from the yellow pages I have a phone number for them too:

865-769-9005

If you need anything else just let me know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.