main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL June/July Fan Force Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LordGoldenArrow, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002

Hey. I have a suggestion for the meeting in either June or July. I suggest instead of meeting at the library that we meet at some outdoor location. A park or beach where we can do a BBQ and have games like volleyball, horseshoes, softball, soffcer, ultimate frisabee, SW Trilogy Day or something. There's a park here in Melbourne that has stuff like that. Just a suggestion. Anyone in favor of this for one of the "summer" month meetings? We could probably invite some of the other FF's in Fl and have a grand event maybe. <shrug> I wasn't thinking "theme" parks because of the cost and the thought was to get as many people there for the FF event as possible.

Arthur

2. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I believe the second saturday in June, meeting day, is the 8th and we will be bowling with Mayo_Solo. :) July is open as far as I know.

3. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I like the idea for the July meeting. I may be in either California with my mom, or Italy by myself. Although due to high airfare the latter may not happen this year.

Hey could we all put our heads together and find a sport that doesn't require vision. I need one for class olympics I'm still thinking. lo.

Maybe we could use that game for the July meeting if we choose to do that.

I tend to be a magnet for balls that come at me. :D

But I like the BBQ idea.

I didn't even realise the date for the bowling thing was on our usual meeting weekend. But we could discuss things while my friend throws bowling balls at me and I bowl the ball behind me at her. lol.

Or we could discuss matters at Chilis if we choose to go there afterwards for a real dinner.

4. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Great idea! I like the beach party idea myself.

5. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    the beach sounds good to me. I've got an odd work schedule so I've yet to make it to one of our meetings. Any chance one might eventually migrate more toward the South of Orlando? or even centrally located? There are a lot of libraries around this side of town too. Just wondering.

6. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    It doesn't have to be a "normal" meeting day either. And I also didn't realise the bowling thing was on the normal meeting day in June. Learn something new everyday. :p

Well, I suggest Wickam Park then here in Melbourne. Let me find a website (which I think they have) and I'll post it but they have horseback riding (though I don't know if it's private or public), archery, horseshoes, volleyball, a lake (beach) and other things.

7. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Horseback riding? I love that idea. Don't worry I won't get myself killed if we can do that and decide to do so. I rode horses for 8 years.

I was gonna suggest a few places here in Port. St. Lucie and Fort Pierce, but I figured no one would want to make the fairly long drive.

But I really like the Melbourne idea. There are a lot of fun activities.

8. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Concur with the outing plan. Nice idea Art.

Sandy

9. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Here's a website to look at. Wickam park is at the bottom

http://www.brevardparks.com/parksa5.htm#Wickham

10. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The horseback riding there is private. But the other stuff is public. If I bring my archery equipment we can play "Ewoks and Troopers." ;)

-Katie
    Thumper

11. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Ok. Since a beach was mentioned, does anyone here know how to surf?

My sis said she'll try and teach me. This should be interesting. hehe.

12. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I surf. I really stink at it but I surf. Have my board and everything. I'll bring it to the beach bash. I've been looking at state parks for a suitable place to have the meetin.
    Buzz

13. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    If you want to surf, we'd have to head out to the ocean, like the Cocoa Beach Pier or Daytona or something. The lake at Wickham is more like a really big pond (at least to me, because I'm used to associating "lakes" with Lake Michigan, which looks just as big from the beach as the ocean does). :p
    But there is some sand there on the shore, from what I remember. No sharks.

My rambling for the day.

-Katie
    Thumper

14. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I'm accually looking at Merritt Island NWR. I think the have picnic areas we can Bar-b-que, and a campground. I also thing there is beach access for us surfers, and lots of trails and stuff. Not to meantion it's in the shadow of KSC!!!!
    I'll put more details up as it becomes more feasable.
    Buzz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.