main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

June Meet and Other Stuff...

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay, incase you haven't heard, there will be a meet on Sunday, June 24th at my place starting at 2:00. I'll be putting some Hot Dogs and Burgers on the grill as well as supplying potato salad, garden salad and some 'adult' beverages. If your a veggie or you want to bring something along to add to the food, by all means feel free to post what you're bringing. Anything is welcome.

Also, If you have been following whhat has been going on in the Foxboro forums, there may or may not be a vote at the meet to consolidate the 3 Southern N.E.FF's into one larger FF. You can follow the pros and cons to this proposition here:

So if you want to vote before the meet, simply post a 'yes' for joining the groups and a 'No' for keeping them separate. If you also want to voice your .02¢ on the matter, you're more than welcome to do so. Everyone's vote counts and majority rules. There will be no sour grapes, recounts, threats or ultimatums.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all on the 24th!

BTW, new people are especially welcome!

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    This is kinda 11th hour for me, and my best friend is getting married this weekend and will be away on his honeymoon, so it looks like I'm out of this one. As far as consolidating the FFs, I'm kinda on the fence...I like the idea of Boston, Providence, and Worcester/Foxboro having their own FFs, but I also recognize we don't have the numbers right now to support 3 FFs. If there is a consolidation, I will remain at everyone's service, of course. (BTW, there may be a consolidation of the two squadrons in the X-Wing gaming group I belong to, as well, so this is familiar territory.)

3. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    hey there! I'm not sure if I am eligible to vote, but I'd say consolidate if it meant that it would liven up the place and keep it going! :)

4. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    If anyone here is planning on coming Sunday for the meet and hasn't seen the post over on Foxboro, this is what we have so far for food:

- burgers
    - dogs
    - potato salad
    - garden salad
    - beer & soda

As you guys (and gals) post what you plan on bringing, I'll add it to this post.

Thanks.

PS, If you need directions, PM me and I'll get them to you. My place is not that difficult to get to or find.

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    The merge is definitely intended to bring life back to Fan Force here in MA and maybe southern New England. You are definitely allowed to have a say in this. This is something that needs to be agreed upon for it to move on.

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Absolutely. If you're registered on the boards, your vote and opinion are always welcome. That goes for anyone else who may have 'strayed' over the past couple of years. If you're out there and have an opinion, let us know!

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Just wanted to post an update following today's meet at my place.

Thanks to all of you who made it today. Turnout was good and I finally got to meet a couple of you for the first time. Sorry it took so long to get the grill going. As a chef, I definitely fall in the 'Padawan' category.:oops:

Some fairly important things were touched on today and some decisions have been made. I'm glad it was done with such a strong turn-out and I hope everyone feels their voice was herd and is happy with what was voted on.

I won't go too deep into detail yet because I want to hear back from our RSA before we do anything definitive. So keep checking back and hopefully I'll have something concrete for you in the next couple of days.

?DW

UPDATE:
    I heard back from Meri this morning and it looks like were all set. When I get home tonight I'll be posting in a new thread what's going on and what we can all expect to happen here over the next couple of weeks...

8. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    awww dangit I missed this! by only a day or two, too :( sorry! I hope you all had fun :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.