main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass June meet....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewykingwookie, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Going to paste what I posted on the Boston board...

This is kinda 11th hour for me, and my best friend is getting married this weekend and will be away on his honeymoon, so it looks like I'm out of this one. As far as consolidating the FFs, I'm kinda on the fence...I like the idea of Boston, Providence, and Worcester/Foxboro having their own FFs, but I also recognize we don't have the numbers right now to support 3 FFs. If there is a consolidation, I will remain at everyone's service, of course. (BTW, there may be a consolidation of the two squadrons in the X-Wing gaming group I belong to, as well, so this is familiar territory.)

2. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi there!

Like Richie, I am on the fence with regard to merging Boston and Foxborough. However, I don't think it wise to merge with an out of state group... as was pointed out above, most of us have such busy schedules
    that travel would be a minimum for us.

If we were going to merge, I would suggest a merge between the Boston and Foxborough boards and look into renaming (if that's possible) the group to Metrowest (or even Massachusetts) Imperial Syndicate or something of the sort. That way, new people poking around the site aren't turned off (as I was with the name Foxboro) because it is so far away from their home base.

I do think that we need to take the people away from the computers and into the public eye. The t-shirts will help with this and, I think, participating in events such as the Relay for Life would help get the name out there as well. I had a dream last night that we went up to Children's Hospital for an event (don't remember the details - don't ask) but, the kids got the biggest kick out of it.
    Might I suggest not printing up t-shirts until we make these decisions though?

Anyway, there's my 2 pennies. Hopefully, I will meet you all on the 24th... I am looking forward to it! I'll think on what I am going to bring and will let you know.

3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    My $0.02? I look forward to seeing you folks! That be it. If business is discussed, great! If it's not, great! It'll be good to get together either way.

BTW, Wormie, .02¢ is two one-hundredths of a cent. Don't sell yourself short, man! Your opinion is worth just as much as everyone elses! :)

4. mattdamick_is_back

mattdamick_is_back Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2007
    Just so people don't think i am avoiding this little issue I will put in my 2 cents

I fully agree with Wormie on all points, and fully intend on maintaining my relationship with the group no mater what direction it takes.

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Alright Mike, what do you need us to bring on Sunday? I can bring some nachos, salsa, etc from Trader Joes. May be able to bring something else as well. I might try for some wings but who knows if the wife will do some or not. I may just hit Wings over Worcester quick they have some good ones. One of these meets we may have to do their party platter or something.

Let's get a running count of who is coming. So far we know Mike (his house) and I will be there. I am assuming Chris, Jim, Drew and family, and Matt (depending on how wife and baby are doing). I am just going by what people have told me so speak up if you are coming and let Mike know what you are gonna bring.

6. mattdamick_is_back

Apr 22, 2007
    I cleared it with the wife and can come atleast for a little while. So what should i bring. Just tell me and i will bring it.

7. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Just post whatever it is you guys would like to bring and I'll fill in the holes.
    So far I'll be providing:

- burgers
    - dogs
    - potato salad
    - garden salad
    - beer & soda

As you guys (and gals) post what you plan on bringing, I'll add it to this post.

Thanks.

PS, If you need directions, PM me and I'll get them to you. My place is not that difficult to get to or find.

8. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi guys!

I am planning on coming by. I do need directions so, I will PM you, Mike. The apprentices won't be there this time.... they'll be with their Dad.

BTW - signature says 'K'.... that's what my friends call me. Korey is the real name (my Dad would say Korey-ann but, that was a long time ago... that name no longer means.... oh, never mind. You get the point!)

I am not sure what I will be bringing or if my room mate - who is also a big SW fan - will be there.

How about a veggie platter?

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Veggie platter would be great. Thanks!

Other 'acceptable' donations include (but not limited to):
    - Ice
    - Soda
    - Nachos & dip/salsa
    - Side dishes
    - Desserts

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Forgot to add...

I know this has been talked about before so if anyone wants to bring some of their SW stuff along and conduct a mini swap/sale, feel free to do so.

11. mattdamick_is_back

Apr 22, 2007
    I will bring some soda, ice, and something for dessert.

Wormie please pm me directions.

I will also bring some stuff for a swap/sale. I got some good stuff i am looking to move.

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I will bring Chips and salsa. I may stop by Moe's Southwest on the way in a get the fresh stuff along with some queso. I will bring Spencer Stacy has to work all day Sunday now the guy that was going to work most of the day screwed up his back.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    We're only a few days away from our June meet. So far this is what we have for food & refreshments:

- burgers
    - dogs
    - potato salad
    - garden salad
    - beer & soda
    - Soda & Ice (Matt)
    - Dessert (Matt)
    - Veggie Platter (Korey)
    - Chips & Salsa (Jorge)

Also, LMK if you're coming or not. Right now the only definites I have are:
    - Jorge (CKW) (and Spencer)
    - Korey (WoV)
    - Matt (md_i_b)
    - Andrew (IshyZ)

THANKS!

14. DeathProof

DeathProof Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2007
    Have fun folks. Finally got word that Nicole and I are signing papers for the condo this weekend.

15. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    =D= Great job DP! Buying a place is something to celebrate! I think you guys should leave the boxes and come let us open a bottle of champagne or something for you.

16. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Congratulations on the condo, DP!

17. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Congrats on the condo :)

Jim and I will be in attendance tomorrow.

We will be bringing sausages and some soda for sure.

Mike I might need you to send me your address and directions just so I am sure.

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Chris if you get lost you have my cell # call me. Mike has to be the easiest house to get to next to mine. Actually Matt's is easy too. lol

19. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks for the assistance.

Mike what time can we start showing up at?

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    2:00 is good Chris. Hope to see alot of you here!

21. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    It was good to see everyone today. I had a good time and I do believe Spencer did as well.

Can't wait for the next gathering not sure when everyone can get together again. I will probably be out for July going to OOB for a week which means two weekends shot.

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    It was good seeing you all again and also meeting a few of you 'in the flesh' for the first time. Sorry it took me so long to get the grill going.:oops:

Hope everyone is satisfied with what was discussed today and I also hope everyone feels they had a fair say in the events.

I've already passed on what was discussed today to our RSA, Meriwyn. As soon as I hear back from her I'll give you guys (and gals) an update.

?DW

23. DeathProof

DeathProof Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2007
    Glad everyone had a good time. I spoke with Chris and think it is pretty cool about the way things are going to be. Healthy for the future of the Fanforce.

We signed papers today so it stinks I missed the meet but for those whom know where I live currently know it is no place to raise a family. I've been working 6-7 days a week for a couple of months now and the move has been over my head for over a month now until today. Been uber tense lately.

Really excited about things coming together and with a nice place to live we will not be so embarrassed to have larger meets where we will be living.

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    No reason to be embarassed man. The fact that you're willing to host the occasional meet is great. Congrats on the closing. Have you ever signed that many documents at one time in your life before?;) Are you guys staying in Worcester or heading to another town?

25. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey gang,

As Mike said, he did relay to me what was going on. I'm sorry to see the groups becoming stagnant, but it's happening all over, not just here. And I have to say I'm very impressed that you all want to come together to become one large group rather than just throw in the towel on everything.

I will be working with Mike and Chris over the next week or so to make sure there is a smooth transition, if that is the final decision. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me and I will help in anyway I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.