main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC June Meeting - 6/28 1pm at the Zoo! :-)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Malkie is the Ambassador of the Galactic Senate, travelling to foriegn lands on our behalf. Ok, maybe not on our behalf, but it sounds good.

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok so.... Meeting in the 28th, then. Any suggestions as to the when/where? Eugenia, any word on your RPG plans yet?

3. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Should we try for another food court? Or maybe we could go someplace for lunch. Then we can eat and meet at the same time.

Maybe have a meeting at Ruby Tuesdays at Hoffmann then go to a movie after the meeting?

4. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Our RPG is now on Friday night (the 27th), because we had another obligation that wasn't on the calendar for Saturday. It's all madness, as usual.

5. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    /\ Yay! I really want to kill stuff! Especially after this weekend [face_devil]

6. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    We could go with the trending standby: Post Office Food Court, followed by an after-meeting at ESPN Zone nearby. A movie could be workable as well.

7. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm bored with ESPN Zone.

8. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I've never even been to an ESPN Zone.
    But I do know one good place right off of 495, not that far from VA....
    Dave & Buster's in White Flint Mall in Rockville. Literally only like a mile off the Beltway. Very cool place. :)

9. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, but you have to be 21 to get in to D&B. So we can't have official meetings there.

10. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    You also have to drive to D & B. We should make sure you can get to the meeting by metro.

I'm not to hip about the post office and ESPN zone again. We should go for something different. Where is our fearless leader with ideas? Help us Valerie-Wan Kenobi, you are our only hope.

11. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    If the weather is nice, how about the Zoo?

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey, that could work!

13. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Just let me know where everyone is going to be hanging out. I'm not so much wanting to go to the meeting since I'm not really involved anymore but I would like getting together and hanging out with some of you that I haven't seen in a while. :)

14. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Don't count on Christa or me. Our June was screwed by around February. I couldn't believe every weekend was already planned, but it was and is.

BTW, on the D&B question, you can take Metro to White Flint Mall. The metro stop is (of all things) White Flint metro station.

15. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    The White Flint Mall (with D&B) is a two blocks walk from the metro station - two lonnnnnnng blocks. However, they have a free shuttle bus that leaves like every 5 mins or so.

I'm not 100% sure about the age thing with D&B. They certainly allow people under 21 in there. I've often seen children in there. I think you have to be 21 to be in the bar area, but not the eating area, or the games area.

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    To get into D&B, it is my understanding that if you are under 21, you must have a guardian with you. Also, after 11pm curfew is enforced, so no minors. Other than that, I don't think there are any restrictions. I would really like to get a group to go there sometime! It might a little hard to have a meeting due to noise, but I've never been there so I don't know how that would affect it really.

The Old Post Office is a good place for a meeting on Sundays, but I'm not sure about Saturdays. I think we need a change of pace anyway. :)

17. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Now that tourist season is in full swing, the Old Post Office will be more crowded.

Glad the zoo idea is popular. It's fun to see critters. I don't think Ken and I can make it - blame my family again.

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I thought you had SW RPG that Saturday? You said last weekend that Friday the 27th was D&D, backed by Saturday being your SW RPG.

19. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    The RPG is Friday night

20. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    The way things change on my calendar, you never know. We now have family coming to town that we have to show for something or other on Saturday the 28th as well. It's good to be loved, but still, some time for myself would be nice.

21. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    So how many people can actually make it Saturday the 28th? 4 or 5? That's enough I guess. :)

So what will it be, folks? We have the following choices:

1) Dave & Busters (not sure how the noise will effect a meeting, but I've always wanted to go)
    2) the zoo (nifty idea but will it rain...?)
    3) Hoffman center - lunch at Ruby's and a movie afterward

Speak now or forever hold your peace!! :D

22. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    Hoffman center would be good. it's indoors.

as for Dave and Busters I know nothing about that place. but whatever you guys decide is fine.

23. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, 2 out of the three options are highly weather-dependant (Unless you don't mind shooting birdie on a wet par 4 mini-golf course; however, wet go-kart racing might be fun :D ).

Well, we have the rain-out back-up solution. Personally, I could go for either. If we go to the Zoo, we can get some awesome group pictures with the tigers :D . I need to burn a few rolls of film anyway, my camera needs the exercise.

So, whatever the majority wants...

24. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    yeah now i'm thinkikng the zoo would be a lot of fun. I haven't been there in years! and there are no movies that I really want to see at the moment.

25. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    The theatre option is just incase the weather goes crappy. The zoo is all outdoors, so if it rains, there's not much shelter there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.