main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC June Meeting - 6/28 1pm at the Zoo! :-)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    :_|
    Christa and I will be with relatives over the weekend. I tell you what, except for the free food and beer (Stonies!) I would rather be with the animals at the zoo than the animals in PA.

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    what's the point of having a meeting if only a few people are going to show up?

3. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Because Valerie and Heather want their BG tickets and I want my t-shirt, that's why! :D

4. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Well... because a meeting only needs three people to be a meeting. Because if we wait to have meetings when lots of people can go WE WOULD NEVER HAVE THEM. That's why.

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    That's what we get for having lives. I run into this problem with everything - any time you try to get something like 6 grown ups in one place at one time, it's almost impossible. Plus, summer is just a bad time, with vacations and all. I'll be there in spirit!

6. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Star Wars geeks with lives... we should get a medal or something.

Trying to plans events for when the most people can make it makes sense, but meeting are meetings. People come or they don't but the meetings still take place. Even if it's just me, myself and I (that's 3 people, heh), it's still gonna happen. :D

7. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I think having a meeting at the Zoo is a wonderful idea and I only wish i could be there. I am glad some of you can get together. If we always wait for everyone to come we will never do anything. I do think it would be nice if we could start keeping somekind of picture record of all that we do do.A picture of you guys at the Zoo would be great and could go into our archives. I can't be there but I would like to put a sugession on the table for a vote and that would be that we have a historian for all of us. OKI miss you, I want to be there with you and i am jealous that you are going to the Zoo now go have fun!!!!

8. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Sorry you can't make it Sha... but you will be going to Vegas in a couple of days so you are LUCKY! A historian is a good idea. I will add it to the list of topics. :)

Just checked the weather for tomorrow... Partly cloudy with a high of 84. Sounds good to me!

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    We'll call our historian The Librarian of (galactic) Senate. Keeps with the whole capitol theme.

10. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    ok 84 isn't too bad.

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Hahaha Eugenia, as long as we don't have to refer to him/her as Jocasta Nu!

12. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well the weather has changed once again and its supposed to rain this weekend now. Stupid weather [face_plain]

13. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Then is the zoo cancelled? I will wait until I hear back before I leave. I don't want to show up at the wrong place. [face_plain]

Edit: After thinking about it, I'm going if only out of morbid curiosity.

14. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Must have been a real short meeting. I showed up at about 1:25 saw no one. Oh well, had a nice walk around anyways. I looked around to see if I might bump into you guys while I was checking out the animals. I even stopped by the invertebrates area to look for a few couple of people I used to know, couldn't find them either. I guess it just wasn't my day.

15. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Just a small suggestion to everyone involved:
    Next time, plan your meeting better and have your plans finalized and set in stone a minimum of 24 hours in advance. In other words, don't cancel at the last minute and leave people like Roger out in the cold, as it were. 'Cuz that's a bit rude. [face_plain]
    I'm glad Roger had fun by himself, but if it was me and I'd driven from my place in MD just to meet up with you all, I'd be a bit miffed.

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok...

Sorry we missed you Roger. We (me, Liz, TK and Jeff) waited at the designated spot until Jeff's watch said 1:25... We must have just missed you! We wandered around the zoo for a few hours and actually held off on the meeting until later incase we ran into anyone else.

If we had cancelled, we certainly would have posted that. I am not that inconsiderate. I'm sorry that Roger missed us, but we waited for about a half hour and figured he wasn't coming. We weren't sure how long to wait, but we weren't going to sit around all day wondering... The point was to look at all the cute animals and have a meeting and that's what we did. The only thing I can think of to make sure this doesn't happen in the future is to set a certain amount of time that we will wait somewhere before leaving. We will certainly do that in the future.

If anyone has issues with the way we plan things or the way the group is run, please contact me through PM. I would appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

17. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, I have one additional idea...
    maybe, in the future, agree to meet at a particular restaurant at a particular time for lunch. That way, anyone who's late/misses the intitial meet-up, can catch you there.
    Only other thing I can think of.
    Hopefully next time you have a get-together downtown (the picnic, maybe?), I'll be able to attend. :)

18. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    Dan, our plans were finalized and we did say we were meeting at 1pm, today at the visitor's center. That is where we were until about 1:30. The subject heading says June Meeting - 6/28 1pm at the Zoo.

Please do not assume that we are undependable, Dan. It reflects badly on all of us, which is unfair. I can understand if you're upset Roger, but I'm glad you're not being rude about it. :)

19. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well, like I said, if we're meeting at a place where we won't be staying in the same location, we can set up a certain amount of time that we will wait. And perhaps also a second time/location later on for any people that miss the first time. :) We don't really do meetings, etc. in places like this too often so it might not be an issue in the future... But with us, who knows. Nothing ever goes smooothly when I am involved. ;)

20. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, curse my ability to see both sides of an issue! [face_plain]
    P'raps someone should've called someone else on the cell phone when he knew he was running a bit late. ;)

21. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Yes I know I was late that is why I'm not complaining. I had no idea the metro ride would take such an eternity and I waited about leaving earlier so I could make sure that there would not be any sudden changes to the plan because of the prospect of rain. I need not mention the deja vu factor there [face_plain] Oh well.

22. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Yeah, the metro trip to the zoo is a pretty lenghty one. I learned that the hard way the first time I went to the Uptown (which is up a couple of blocks) and was late for the movie. :)

Obviously another we need is a phone list... Even though some of us (well, me) don't have cell phones. Hehehehe.

23. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    But the meeting was ok anyhow? You didn't play with any monkey pox infested prarie dogs, did you?

24. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Hehehe, didn't see the little buggers. I think they were hiding from us. We did get to see the panda though, so that was nifty!

I will post the actual meeting details when I get a chance. :)

But just for you, Eugenia, I did make a note that Heather said the word 'slash' at 3:40pm. ;)

25. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    At least someone said it.

Did you see any bears? Because in my entire life, I have never seen a bear at the National Zoo. If you saw them, it will cement my belief that they are hiding from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.