main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

June meeting/activity

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    OK, folks, we've been quiet too long! We need to wake up and get this FF alive and moving!

I suggest we work on getting together this month, even if it is just a meeting to remind us what each other looks like! :p :D

I think Sunday afternoons might work best for me, but I am willing to be flexible.

Let's hear dates and times that work for ya'll and any ideas for something to do and/or where to meet.

Any newly interested people are welcome to post and attend. We are looking to grow and new members are great!

2. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Well I'm up for anything. A sunday would be fine. Like June 17, I think thats a sunday. Well there is always the movies but movies don't allow us to talk. So we could just eat out somewhere. Or we could go over to Mac's icecream and play minigolf.

BTW X men 3 was ok but disappointing for a final film in the series. Too much happened in less then two hours......but hey they'll probably release the unrated extended claws edition down the road.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I got to know the Lancaster area a lot better now that I'm attending school there, so I may be able to meet up with you guys at some point. :)

4. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Where are you going to school?

You (and anyone else from Reading) are always welcome to come!

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Pennsylvania College of Art and Design. It's downtown right on Prince Street.

6. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I've thought of the perfect thing. June 28th, Superman Returns on IMAX. 4 stories of superman goodness, and 40 speakers to assault our senses with the superman theme!

7. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    That sounds like a pretty good idea. Where will the IMAX showing be? Maybe we can try to have the meeting/activity between York and H'burg if there are any interest folks up that way.

8. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Well heres the website, http://www.whitakercenter.org/imax/

This is the imax in harrisburg. Although the site doesn't have exact times posted yet for its release, they have a banner advertising the film. Tickets will be according to the site $12.50 but considering it's imax I think It'll definitely be worth it. I heard a rumor about 3-d but the info on the site confirms that certain parts of the movie will be in 3-d. Too Cool!

9. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    The website now has times up for the superman showing. Theres plenty to choose from. I still wanna go see it on Imax, so if anyone else is interested, chime in!

10. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, Scott and I are going to the 4:30 showing on July 2nd, if anyone else is interested. Let us know so we can be looking for you before the showing. We can grab a bite to eat after the movie to chat, discuss FanForce business, and just have a good time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.