June meeting anyone??

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by jedi_runya, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    When, where and what? Now that it is warming up maybe we could do a picnic somewhere? I have been wanting to go to a conservation area for a while to watch birds (I know I am weird, but I need something relaxing and mundane.:D )

Weekends include:

7/8 (I am working on the 7th and the Belmont stakes is running, so if anyone wants to come over and watch it with me, feel free; and on the 8th I am going to see the STP and company. :D )
    14/15
    21/22
    28/29
  2. SteelLepp Jedi Knight

star 2
    For me, the 21st would be best. Graduate from Vatterott College the 14th/15th Father's Day. And the 28th, doing a parade up in Iowa. :D
  3. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow...you're gonna drive over?! Unfortunately, I'd have to miss it that weekend.:(

As far as I know, the only weekend I'll be around is the last one...I think. I have to be at work at 6am this weekend for a freakin' golf tournament. Super ticked about that.:mad:I'm not supposed to work weekends...let alone so early.
  4. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    I will have to check with hubby as he has stuffed planned and not sure what dates yet.
  5. SteelLepp Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK, on second notice, maybe not. Car broke its timing belt last night.....grrrrr
  6. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to be Holiday World/Land the weekend of the 21-22. It's in Santa Claus, IN. Anybody ever been? I hear it's really nice. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
  7. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    That sound cool Tim! I wonder if there is a Halloween town somewhere. That is my all time favorite holiday and I could totally make a vacation of that.
  8. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooooh...Halloweentown would be fun. And it of course needs rollercoasters and stuff just like Holiday World... except that all the rides should be more "Haunted Amusement Park"ish... and people could wear costumes there year round. :)
  9. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? It would be great and I think it would draw a crowd. Man, if I win the lottery. LOL!
  10. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay...who wants to join me for dinner and maybe a movie or something on Saturday.;)
  11. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello all -

First, Holiday world was a really trip (about 3 hours East of us off of 64). Nice park, great water park. And Leash, one of the areas there is Halloween themed. All the rides, game booths, restaurants have a Halloween twist. I thought of you as we were strolling through it.

Second, it looks as though I will be home this weekend with no plans. I'd like to offer up my house for a meeting/social. We can break out the backyard screen and watch one of the movies. I have not watched one all the way through yet. (Neighbor kids wanted to watch AOTC one night, but they were all asleep before the halfway point.)

I've been waiting to watch SW or TESB on that thing. But we could watch whatever the group wants. (I recently picked up the SW Family Guy Special.)

If it turns out that works for everyone, I'm thinking 7:30 - 8:00 pm or there abouts. I'd like to also invite any lurkers, or former members that still check the boards. Everybody's welcome.

Hopefully, we won't have rain!
  12. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds good to me! I might be able to scrape up a couple of the MIA people.
  13. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Holiday World has to be cool then if they have a Halloween section! Maybe we will try to go there next year. Yay!

I am unsure whether I will be able to make it or not. I will let you know. Sounds like good fun and the kids could run around outside if they are bored, which is a huge plus.

14. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Definitely bring the kids, my house is kid friendly. We don't worry about messes made, toys are literally everywhere.

Backyard = kid friendly.

Dog (you guys remember Freddy) = kid friendly.

I think all you would have to bring is lawn chairs and we are good to go.
  15. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    If anyone needs/wants directions, send me a pm and I'll get them to you.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow.

take care,
    Tim
  16. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    If you are still hanging out after 12, I'll be there.
  17. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Call me on my cell phone.

It is a possibility.
  18. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Hey Tim, I am trying to find your cell number. I don't have any kids right now, and if you are still holding this, I will see if Leash wants to come with me... Sorry that I haven't been around. Life has taken a wrong turn somewhere. LOL

19. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Tim, thank you for hosting the movie night! The screen is amazing and the company great! :D
  20. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    I am sorry I missed the movie night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.