main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX June Meeting Date

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, May 26, 2002.

?

June Meeting Date

Poll closed Jun 1, 2002.
  1. June 8th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. June 15th

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. June 22nd

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  4. June 29th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, our first meeting was at Greenspoint...not exactly a central location. As far as it may have seemed for those of you in the extreme north, think of how far it was for us in the south. ;)

The second meeting was at TwoRows, a centrally located restaurant.

The third, although located centrally west, was held where it was due to the nature of the meeting. The intention was to have it close to Adam's house because that would be where everyone could watch ANH.

Trust our city rep, he knows what he's doing. He has our best interests at heart. :)

2. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    Most of the time when I have to drive to Houston for anything it does feel like a road trip :) , but at the same time me living out where I do has some advantages. Such as when I go outside I smell fresh air (had to explain that one when my friends from Houston would come out here. They started coughing and such and had to actually explain this is what fresh air smells like...well more so than Houston heheh)

Also when everyone wants to goto the Renaissance festival, they have to wake up early. I just leave my house about 15-20 mins. before it opens :)

3. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I've asked my friend at the downtown library to look into getting us a meeting room, havent heard back yet though

4. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Hey, I'm with everyone on the whole central location thing...but could we go for something next to downtown but not actually in it? I don't deal with one-ways or construction very well and downtown is amazingly riddled with both.

I know, I know, "picky picky new girl" I just don't want my friend's mommy to have to drive me again. Or have to leave early again. I'm an adult...I should be able to do things myself, unfortunately, when you've only been driving 3 years (yes, I got my licence veeeery late) and have already been rear-ended, sideswiped and run off the road you get a bit jumpy.

Or you can just call me Queen of the Pansies.

Anyhoo...Crambo rules!!!

5. Moontyger

Moontyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    Actually, I agree. Downtown is a mess right now and I prefer to avoid driving there if at all possible. Not to mention the fact that I don't want to have to pay to park, if at all possible.

6. crystala

May 7, 2002
    If it does happen to be at the Downtown library, I believe for the most part right around it is pretty good..as far as construction. As for the parking, parking is always free on nights and weekends in downtown..unless of course you prefer to park in a parking lot instead of on the street.

Btw, if you would ever to know how much fun downtown can be, just ask Pandarsson about the time he and his friends were swordfighting (covered PVC pipes) all through downtown :)

7. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Well, to get a library, you have to get one a minimum of two weeks in advanced. Today was the two week mark. I couldn't find anything out on the downtown city library, and most of the other ones with available rooms for the 22nd were on the north side. The library I found is on the west side, though not as far west as our last meeting. I think it's roughly a mile west of Jillians, to give you an idea. I'll post the exact information on a new thread. It's a good location for us if we want to go out and eat or do something else afterwards, and the meeting room itself is perfect for our needs.

8. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Sounds good.

9. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    wow....the meeting is coming up...this one is just going to be weird...cause like the last three have been cool cause if you didnt have anything to talk about you fiddled with your food....and this one...NOTHING. im still going, but it will be weird. well, i know most you so i guess not...

Darth Dorky No more talk about the whole Selena Tattoo....i dont have one! Yes, i like the movie! Yes, i cried! But no, i dont have a selena tattoo! so no bringing it up at the next meeting. k? :) please! :)

10. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Selena tattoo??? ?[face_plain]

HA HA HA HA!!!!!
    [face_laugh]

11. death_2_dooku

death_2_dooku Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I'm new to the boards but am from the greater Houston area. Actually Ilive in Cleveland but I wanna come to these meetings. What all do we do at these meetings?

12. crystala

May 7, 2002
    The meetings are mainly a way to get everyone to meet offline. We talk about Star Wars, upcoming events, and official business of the Houston Fan Force, and anything else that might come up :)

I hope to see you at the next meeting :)

13. death_2_dooku

death_2_dooku Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Im gonna try to make it out. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.