main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN June meeting info with Monday update

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by NorvelleJedi05, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    I just thought I would inform everyone about the June general meeting of the Bloomington Star Wars fan club this coming Sunday, June 15th.

Date: Sunday, June 15th
    Time: 5:30 pm
    Place: Rolypoly at the Gables (114 S. Indiana Ave.) across from Bryan Hall on the IU campus

If you have any questions please contact me at norvellejedi@fanforce.net or post a message on this forum's thread. Thanks.

I've updated the flyers at Games Preserve and the Monroe Co. Public Library. Also, I posted info about GenCon there. Come join us at the meeting this coming Sunday. You'll have fun. I hope to see you there.

2. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    I just thought I would inform everyone about the coming June general meeting of the Bloomington Star Wars fan club this coming Sunday, June 15th.

Date: Sunday, June 15th
    Time: 5:30 pm
    Place: Rolypoly at the Gables (114 S. Indiana Ave.) across from Bryan Hall on the IU campus

map to Rolypoly at the Gables in Bloomington

I've added a map from mapquest.com to help everyone find where Rolypoly at the Gables is located. If you need further directions please feel free to contact me.

If you have any questions please contact me at norvellejedi@fanforce.net or post a message on this forum's thread. Thanks.

3. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    Hi everyone.

If you came to the meeting this Sunday & didn't see anyone there I'm sorry but it was a last minute decision to cancel yesterday's meeting. I'm going to reschedule the meeting for this coming Sunday.

Date: Sunday, June 22nd
    Time: ** TBA

** I'm planning on changing the time. Please check back later when I'll have a fixed time planned. Thanks.

I've added a map from mapquest.com to help everyone find where Rolypoly at the Gables is located. If you need further directions please feel free to contact me.

4. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    Here's added info I forgot from my last post.

I'll be discussing the following:
    1. Do you agree that the new name for the club should be Hoosier Alliance? I'd like to know so I can print up some temporary business cards for the club. Thanks.
    2. I'll talk about Ways to promote the club
    3. mention two conventions coming up, GenCon & DragonCon and
    4. formation of possible new SIG's (special interest groups) collecting, costuming, RPG.

I hope to see you then. If you can't make it to the meeting please help me by answering #1 & discussing #2 - 4. Also, tell me when you can meet next month. I want to hold next month's meeting on the first Sunday in July. I'll be discussing this at this month's meeting. However if you can't be there tell me on the boards when you would be able to attend in July. This info will help me emencely. Thanks.

Brian

5. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    I like the name Hoosier Alliance. Better than Cutters. :)

6. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    I just thought I would inform everyone about the June general meeting of the Bloomington Star Wars fan club this coming Sunday, June 22nd.

Date: Sunday, June 22nd
    Time: around 6:00 - 6:30 pm

** I'm planning on changing the time. Please check back later when I'll have a fixed time planned. Thanks. :) :) :)

7. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    Though I didn't have a big turnout for the June meeting of the Bloomington Star Wars fan club. Thanks Mark for showing up.

* GENERAL STUFF *

- club name ~ As it stands now the name, Hoosier Alliance sounds okay to everyone. I'm redesigning temporary business cards.

- elections for City Representative ~ on hold

- There are several conventions coming up including: InConjunction, GenCon, WizardCon, and of course DragonCon. There will be threads up for the different Cons to see who will be there and when. At the June meeting I talked about the upcoming convention in IndyGenCon - the last week in July (July 24 - 27th).

* SIG (and others) STUFF *

- Bookclub: We had a good conversation about the May's book, Edge of Victory II: Rebirth.
    June meeting: June 23rd, 7:30pm at Borders
    This month's book is Star by Star by Troy Denning.
    Next month's bookclub meeting will be Monday, July 28th at 7:30pm at Borders in Bloomington. The July book is Dark Journey.

I'm planning to hold a general meeting Sunday, July 6th at 6:00pm
    Please tell me if this works for you. Thanks.

I hope to see you then. Be sure to invite your friends. Again thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.