main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson JUNE MEETING: June 10th, 6:00 PM, at BOOKMANS Campbell Ave./Grant Rd. location

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by thatsMISTERwookiee, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Are the doctors going to let you come to the meeting, Cat?

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    yes, I am allowed to come to the meeting.. I just am unsure what to bring as far as food goes.. I do want to be sure what we have planned for food though.. Kat you are bringing cookies I believe I heard you say/post.. someone mentioned drinks.. I can bring SOMETHING.. though what I am unsure of... what other food ideas did we have up our sleeves for this meeting..

3. Lord_Malignus

Lord_Malignus Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2006
    I am looking forward to being there. I'm sure I can scrounge something of an edible nature up to bring to the meeting.

4. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Don't stress over food, I'm bringing donuts and other assorted "junk" to eat so I'm sure their will be enough food. Your attendance is more than enough. :)

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I know I can't wait to see everyone!! I am trying to calm down over knowing my sister and the kids just got in the air and work on the meeting outline.. but goodness I am so excited.. my heart is racing and plus the carpet guys are here!! Everyone please keep in mind over the course of the next few weeks when you visit me.. bring your houseslippers if you don't like to walk on carpet with socks or bare feet.. cause I will get anal retentive once the carpet guys get the floors done.. they are also doing the livingroom furniture as well.. and ALL The cushions and pillows and bedding in the house, upstairs and downstairs.. people and pet items alike are all being deep cleaned today!! WOWSA!! so much going on.. but I am trying to remain calm and work on the meeting outline.. please add whatever you think needs to be addressed on this thread and I will print up some outlines.

the cats are all huddled in the bedroom with me.. wondering what on earth is happening everywhere else in the house..

6. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Isn't that my job? I'll pm you what I have down thus far.

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yep. It is.. I am thrilled to have you do it :)

8. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    So... I might... [face_worried] be able to make it?

I've only been to one of these things, and that was a long time ago, so I was just wondering... uh...

How to go about this?

-Krystal

9. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005

Um, Show up! THats all, wed be glad to have you! If you need a ride we have meembers all over te place who can pick you up. Hey you can be our celebrity guest speaker! considering you were
    "Nominated for Before the Saga Best AU and Best Romance in the 2003 Winter Fanfiction Awards"

10. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    To the top..well almost. Darn Stickies.

Ok, so this is happening at Bookmans on Grant on Saturday, correct? All are welcomed to show up. We love meeting new aquizitions to this fine group. If we are to be sucessfull in what we do for this great community, the key is quality people to assist!!! See you all there on Saturday!!! [face_flag]

11. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    How long do the meetings usually last? I was just curious since I have to get up at 2am now for work...So, I would probably have to leave around 7pm for the drive back.

12. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    It depends if we go somewhere else afterwards or not. At bookmans probably like 2 hours max.

13. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    Well, I'll play it by ear. If my pal comes or I get a nap, it shouldn't be a problem. But if not, we'll see. I'm tired of missing these meetings! :mad:

That's what I get for not having a normal job I suppose.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    meetings can be anywhere from one to three hours long... just depends on how much of our time is spent on official meeting stuff and then just talking in general... we manage to get into many different discussions as the meeting goes on. I can definitely say I think you will enjoy yourself no matter what.

Okay.. so... if you know your going to be asked to speak tonight.. be ready with your subject matter..

does anyone plan on doing anything after the meeting.. or is it every man for himself.

I am making something for us to eat as well.. mugen came up with a kewl idea.. so I am planning on bringing that.

can anyone think of anything that needs to be on the meeting agenda other than...

-Battlefront II event update
    -Update on T-shirts, -TFF Banner
    -flowing wells music event/ where Jack works
    -Howl-o-ween at Reid Park
    -TFF photo shoot
    -Backdrop committee
    -Toyboxx Toys Teen Challenge
    -how our friends with nightwalker sabers are doing
    -Toys for Tots
    -Celebration IV!
    -CopperCon? or any other coming comicon or other similar type events?
    -Movie outings (Superman?)
    -Cookbook update
    -Trivial pursuit team update :)
    -game night, rpg included in this
    -pool party
    -prop/costume party

not necessarily will be discussed in this order though.

15. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I have some things i want to discuss about coppercon. I also have an idea for an additional event surrounding christmas.

16. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    Hey Everyone,

Once again, I'm very sorry I missed the meeting. :_| I'm already re-arranging my schedule for the meeting next month because I do not want to keep being a no-show. Family life has just been quite hectic the last two or three months. Thank you all for being patient and understanding.

I do look forward to meeting you all, and I'm really looking forward to the BattleFront 2 event.

Again, I'm deeply sorry and I will see you all next month.

Tina

17. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    You do what you have to do. Things get in the way, we all understand. Personal/Family comes first. You will meet all of us when the time is right and it's possible. Don't stress over it or feel bad. New faces are always welcome. We will be here.

18. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Hey hey, it's the minutes!

Attendance:
    JediObiKat
    14of3amberofborg
    firstsonofsolo
    dialswiftjustice
    Mugen
    Marlena
    thatsMISTERwookiee
    Lord_Malignus
    hal9k1
    cathiecat
    Miguel

Notes:
    -Battlefront II event update: This is a big event for us with a lot of media coverage. The people who are putting this together are having another meeting on Thursday 22nd June at 1pm at River & La Canada if anyone wants to go with Mugen. They will giving us some t-shirts (no promises here, though). Some DSG people will be coming down. We decided against bringing a backdrop to this event because there will be too much to do there and we don't want to rush the project. Each contestant in the competition will get a goody bag. And finally, yes, we will have a place to change.

-Update on T-shirts: dialswiftjustice is going to look into pricing on the t-shirts. We decided on having a small logo in front and a large one in back.

-TFF Banner: The banner will just be the words. It sounds like the banner is ready to go, but just needs to be printed.

-Howl-o-ween at Reid Park: We will situated at the polar bear exhibit again. Candy will be supplied. Get your friends to come help us out in wrangling at this event! There are a few things we need to find out about still: electricity at the site, decorations, TFF promotional items, sound effects/songs CDs. No blasters at this event.

-TFF photo shoot: no date yet

-Backdrop committee: We still need to decide on a design. We decided on using a wood panel, but we still need to figure out what medium we are going to use to get the design onto the backdrop (fabric, paint, digital thingamajig).

-Toyboxx Toys Teen Challenge: This event will be in the style of a street fair. The event needs more publicity, anything we can do to help out here would be great. DSG committed to coming down for this event.

-Toys for Tots: not ready

-Celebration IV! Yay! We'll be there.

-CopperCon? or any other coming comicon or other similar type events? Sounded like we want to go, but nothing decided. Remember, ticket prices only go up as the event nears.

-Movie outings (Superman?): dialswiftjustice is going to see Superman on the 30th.

-Cookbook update: Get more recipes in!!!

-Trivial pursuit team update :): We're in second to last place...[face_whistling]

-biweekly activities: It was suggested that everyother Monday night we have a little get together to do prop building, RPG, swimming, or anything else fun. To be further discussed online.

-Adopt-a-family: Cat is going to look more into adopting a family with a Star-Wars-loving kid and we can go deliver presents to the family in costume.

-Ewok costume: We can use Mr. Wookiee's spare wookiee parts to make the costume. Solo Jr.'s mother (in law?) might be able to sew this for us.

-Tucson-Pima Public Library reading program: they're having trouble incorporating us. The library would prefer us not to have weapons while reading to kids.

-DSG Phoenix Children's Hospital visit: DSJ is going, possibly Cat, too. It's this Friday.

The End

Now, when is the next meeting???

19. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    We did decide on a design. We are going to make the starfield backdrop first, then work on the Death Star hallway and blast doors for Howl-a-ween.

20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Great job Kat! Now we need to get Cat to PM either BrotherHalo or JediKnightBirr to add your title of Tucson Fan Force Secretary.

21. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    that was an awesome Job Kat!!! woo hoo. cookies were awesome too ;)

-Movie outings (Superman?): dialswiftjustice is going to see Superman on the 30th...Mugen will be there with him..and he is gonna wear a SUPERMAN spandex suit [face_liarliar]

22. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Oh god..Scary much?

23. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Glad everyone liked the cookies! :)

Goodness gracious me! Please don't wear spandex! :eek:...Although, you might have the theater to yourselves if you did.

24. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    So when's the next meeting gonna be?
    I nominate July 8th (Saturday)

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    is anyone opposed to that date??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.