main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI June Meeting-June 17th

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LeiaSkywalker4, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    I got Donovan's approval for this so here goes. The June meeting will be at the BBQ at Donovan's house on June 17th. The time is in bold print in his message I pasted here.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Howdy all!

I found my username and password again so I thought I would let you all know of an upcoming get together.

Next month, June 17. The local 501st and I will be getting together to discuss possible and upcoming events. I would like to invite all of you to our meeting. We will also be grilling burgers and hot dogs.

The meeting location is still being discussed though. In the next week or so I will let you all know where it will be held for sure. More than likely it is going to be at my house.

If you are interested drop a post so I have an idea oh how many people can make it.

Donavon L... TX-338!

Better Red Than Dead...

*****UPDATE***** 5-31-2006

Okay troopers it looks like we will be having this at my house (address to follow). You can all start to show up around noon and we will start cooking by 1pm. You can stay as long as you want. Just be aware that I have to work Sunday... lol

I would also ask that you bring a few bucks to help pay for the food and/or a dish to pass. Something like chips, drinks, potato salad... things like that. We will be having hamburgers and maybe Steaks.

Address:

2854 Woodward Ave. SW
    Wyoming MI. 49509

If you need further instructions you can call my house at (616)531-2812

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Linky linky to Donovan's orginal post.
    http://boards.theforce.net/grand_rapids_mi/b10607/23924359/p1/?6

2. TK-619

TK-619 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2006
    what time will this be? there is a chance i may work, but i might be able to get around that...

3. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Donovan is going to start cooking at 1:00pm, but you can get there between noon and 1:00pm. You can come after 1:00pm. This will be a joint meeting. I have to work until 12:15 so its all good.

4. ThanksBates82

ThanksBates82 Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2003
    I will hopefully be there, but the US plays Italy at 3:00, so I won't be there for long.

5. M1B4K4TIES

M1B4K4TIES Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2006
    Hey, its the new guy, I can make it any time on the 17th, sorry it took so long to get my profile, hotmail kept blocking it as junk. Anyway, for those of you who don't know me, my name is Michael, friends call me Baka, as in Japanese for idiot not short for Chewbacca, I know, I have great friends. I live in Grand Rapids North East side of town. I am and OT and EU fan and have read most of the non-prequel SW novels to date, looking forward to reading Outbound flight and Darth Bane. I'm looking into making a costume to join the 501st, maybe a mandalorian (my personal favorite) or the new Imperial Knights from Legacy, I'm a huge Imperial fan.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you in person!

6. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Long live the EMPIRE!!!

TX-338 Out!

-------- UPDATE ------- 6-17-2006

I just wanted to let you know what I have picked up at the store for tomorrow. I have more than enough hamburger patties, Hamburger buns, and hotdog buns... a couple 12 packs of Mt. Dew, a 12 pack of Pepsi and a case of bottled water. I also have some potato salad and if I feel like heating it up, baked beans... lol

If you would like anything special or if you want to bring something that I did not list feel free! Food is good!!!! The more the better. :lol:

Sometime after noon I will get the coals started so that by 1ish we can start cooking.

If you have any problems finding how to get here you can give me a call at (616)635-0338

Address:

2854 Woodward Ave. SW
    Wyoming MI. 49509

See you all tomorrow!

7. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Really enjoyed this meeting! and thanks to Donovan for hosting plus Blasty coming all the way from Detroit area. Eye opening to see the work that goes into creating trooper costumes, be it clone or storm. and the self-reliance to find a device/means to do what must be done. 501st very resourceful, hard-working and creative. Fantastic ideas for the future - charity fundraising that will not only do a world of good but will be fun for all.

and great to hear Blasty's adventures at the Columbus COI ~ so encouraging to hear the numbers and enthusiasm (and diversified age groups) who attended. I should have tried harder to get there.

8. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Great time yesterday with everyone. And I need to welcome M1B4K4TIES to the Grand Rapids Fan Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.