June Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Date:6/22/2008

    Present: James, Steve, Pete, Shelly, Jake, Steve, Brandon, Amanda, John

    Location: James' house

    This meet was the annual group barbecue hosted by James and his family. An outstanding spread of steak tips, chicken, salad, fruits, cream puffs (or éclairs) and much more food that I didn't get to! Awesome BBQ James and Amanda and thanks for hosting! For dessert we had Shelly's Death Star cake, which was delicious! Too bad we didn't get a chance to get at Pete's cake!

    Logo- A logo was not narrowed down at this meeting due to Andy not being able to make it and the remaining logos being in Brandon's truck. We do have a general consensus of what logo we want.

    T-shirts- www.cafepress.com was suggested as an option to get club tshirts produced. The group will also contact Ralph at Jetpack Comics to see who he gets his t shirts through and pricing. Steve suggested that we get the club name embroidered on the front of the shirt, and will look into pricing through a friend that does it for a living.

    Fund raising- Rochester Wal Mart is looking for people with Star Wars costumes to help promote the release of The Force Unleashed video game. It was suggested that anyone in the group that has a costume should participate in this. It was voted and ratified that if the group were to receive any compensation for participating in this event it should go into a 'raffle collection box'. That is, any items that the club procure should be raffled off at shows/events the group attends to raise funds for the group. A thread can be started on the boards for anyone that wants to sign up and donate their time for The Force Unleashed promotion.

    Amanda brought up the idea of the club holding a 'dinner and a movie' night to coincide with the release of the Clone Wars animated movie in August. It would give the club a chance to promote itself in a relaxed environment as well as raise funds for charity and the group. Amanda offered to donate her time and can provide the venue and food for the dinner, which would be in Dover at Konchico Mills (sp?). For an inclusive price the group would offer a dinner and a ticket to see The Clone Wars. To go along with the dinner, club members could donate items for a silent auction that patrons could bid on. The dinner would have to be well advertised, starting with fliers being posted at Jetpack Comics as well as at member's places of work. Small ads could be placed in area papers and advertised on theforce.net and other Star Wars related sites. Brandon will contact Dan at a local movie theater to see what he can arrange for tickets. For this to take place though, planning will have to begin as soon as possible.

    Charity- It was suggested that the group should associate itself with a charity. Some ideas were mentioned, but a thread will be made on the boards and suggestions can be posted.

    Next Meet- Ralph at Jetpack Comics has requested that we have our next meet at his store. A thread will be (or has been) posted so the group can vote on a date.

    Regular meeting date- Several members agreed that the date of the monthly meet should be held on the same weekend every month. A poll will be created so members can vote.

    Costumes- Shelly's husband Jake offered to help us make out own Mandalorian armor by inviting the group to his home for a weekend in the future. He offered to provide the metal for the armor and would show and teach everyone how to work the metal, allowing everyone to customize their own armor.

    A game of pocketmodels broke out, with John besting Steve is a very close and hard fought game. Shelly watched and learned the game and got some pocketmodels from Steve so she can play and learn at home.


    I think this was most of what happened at the meet; Pete and I were gone for about 30 minutes picking up soda. If I missed anything, please feel free to post, amend or contradict anything I wrote! :D
  2. Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 7, 2008
    star 2
    FIRST OFF I LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO James AND Amanda FOR HOISTING A WONDERFUL BBQ/MEETING. EVERY THING WAS AWESOME! WELCOME SHELLY TO YOU 1ST MEETING,ITS WAS NICE TO MEET YOUR KLAN. AND WHAT A CAKE! I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE KIDS GOT ALONG VERY GOOD. IT WAS NICE TO SEE YOU AGIN PETE! THANKS JOHN FOR DRIVING OUT SORRY BUTTS THERE! IT WAS NICE TO HANG OUT AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!
  3. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    Nice Job as all ways John! =D=

    Thanks again to all.

    Later,
    TK
  4. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    Great meeting! Nice job on the minutes, John. Let's make sure we follow up on all the things we talked about. To really make this group into an "organization," it will take some work by ALL of us! Perhaps the next meeting we should come up with a few more "executive" positions to help get us organized. Just something to think about....
  5. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    Sounds good.

    I'm not sure what else we need right this sec. Beside you as the money guy. I'm not sure what else we have now. lol But it sounds like a plan. So next meeting we come up with new job's & titles?

    SeeYa,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.