main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC June meeting (or July meeting or both)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Twilight, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Ok, I thought I'd put up a thread on the June meeting. Any ideas? Unfortunately, all my weekends are booked up for June, so its likely I'll not be there. Should we just wait and have a meeting at Shoreleave, like we did at Farpoint?

Discuss!

2. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    ::grin:: works for me, then I can actually be at the meeting ;-)

Sarah

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    If you hold the meeting at ShoreLeave, I'll invade it again. [face_devil]

4. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I won't be at Shore leave... but I would like to see ya'll before I move, which is mid-July. :)

5. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Yeah, all my Saturdays are booked until October unless we have a meeting at 1pm... in/near Reston :D

6. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Val I'll just visit you after your move, we can meet half through PA. ;)

7. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    Well I'm mostly booked, but the last two Saturdays in June & July are still open (for the moment). I won't be at Shoreleave....

8. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Meeting halfway in PA would put you in Harrisburgh! The most exciting town ever!!! ;)

They have oddly-colored cows there.

So I've heard.

Has heard that,
    Yours Truly

9. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Well Brian there's only one way to find out about the colored cows........

ROADTRIP!! lol

10. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Sadly the cows are no longer there... which means there is now officially nothing in Harrisburg. Heh heh.

But yes, Wendy, we will have to do that! :D

As for the next GS meeting, I vote for these weekends: June 18 or 25 or July 9.

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Well we could just color the normal colored cows with powdered jello. [face_devil]

12. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

A little less PA-centric is Johnstown, where you can see the physical manifestation of despair!!!

They have it on display in a museum.

So I've heard.

Has heard that too,
    Yours Truly

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Well while we're at it, there is a town in PA that either has a underground fire or something else that has caused the temperture of the ground to become so warm that it can melt the bottom of your shoes if you stand still long enough.....

Let's meet up there!! lol

14. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Wendy... Funny you should mention that. The town in question is called Centralia, and smoke still pours up out of cracks in the ground.

Not that I've been there or anything.

*cough*

:D

Coal fires are scary,
    Yours Truly

15. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    *********!!!

Ok once you get settled above the Mason Dixie Line Val, we are so going there!!!

Brian your the best with those pics!!!

16. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Looking at the weekends that were mentioned... Saturday, July 9th is Shore Leave, so those of us that are attending will likely have a meeting/gathering at the con anyway. Saturday, June 25th I'll be at a CD release party for the 2nd disc by local alternative rock band Victory Twin, and I doubt anyone besides me has even heard of them, unless you pay VERY close attention to the local music scene. So, that leaves June 18th out of the 3 dates mentioned. ;)

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Have the meeting at Shore Leave. *Waves hand*

:D

18. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ah, I didn't know which weekend was Shore Leave...

There is no way I'll be at Shore Leave, so if ya'll have the meeting then I guess you miss out on my presence until... whenever I'm around visiting. Heh heh.

19. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    July 9th/10th is Shore Leave.

20. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, I'm back in town, and back on line. For today anyhow. (AOL shuts my computer down for kicks. I love technology)

Ken and could - I think, have to double check - make the 25th or a Shore Leave meeting.

I vote the 25th as it's the last time we get to torment Valerie as a local.

And I think I'll be at Rick Springfield at the Fairfax Fair this Saturday if any other old ladies want to relive their teenybopper swoons. And maybe seeing Blue Oyster cult there on Friday. I mean, they sing about Godzilla.

21. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    Sounds like fun, Cinnea, but I'll be in Annapolis seeing SW digitally :D

The 25th still appears to be free for me. Unfortunately I won't be at Shore Leave. My friend is having his annual lake party that weekend and we promised to go. You can blame our other friend for getting married on 4th of July weekend when the party normally is....

22. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Its looking like we're landing on the 25th for the meeting. Now we have to figure out where its going to be.

I'll not be there as I'm going to be out of town. Who's going to volunteer to take the minutes? Anyone? Anyone?

23. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll think about it and I can have Ken take notes. Earn his keep and all that. Oh, Stallion, if you want to make a push for near you so you can make it, come up with some Restony ideas!

24. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    It's not a great time for me to host, but I might be able to in a pinch (I haven't run this by hubby yet, so don't quote me on that). Or we could meet at a restaurant or bar or something. But if Stallion is coming, we're talking fairly early in the day. We could always go see Episode III again :p

25. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Well, Reston Town Center alone has Big Bowl and American Tap Room, those are pretty good. There's also a decent Dim Sum place called Fortune that's nesr by, although I'm not sure how many they can accomodate at one time. I can find out.

There's also the Amphora in Hernon and Vienna. Both of those are pretty good.

Any thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.