June meeting (or July meeting or both)

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by Darth_Twilight, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ah, the Amphora. Back in the day, it was the only thing open 24 hours. And it has kickin' cheescake.

2. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    So, uh, Amphora, then? At 1pm? On June 25?
  3. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    (what happened to my last post?)

Anyway, Amphora at 1 will work. Are we starting the meeting at one, or are we just getting there then? I'll still have to leave at 2. I'm figuring the Vienna one is the best centralized location for everyone. Post either here or PM me if you're going to make it, and I can see about reservations.
  4. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Is Vienna close enough for you?
  5. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be there, with Brian in tow.

Sadly, Heather will be in Mexico so she cannot attend.
  6. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I will be there as well. :)

It's val's last meeting. :_|
  7. KnightThomas Jedi Knight

star 1
    Vienna huh? I wonder if I can make it or not, considering everytime you guys have been doing something I've been busy. Maybe I can get the car if it's at a reasonable time. Maybe this can be my first meeting! *gleams* lol.
  8. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    One in the afternoon? Gee, I haven't been to that Amphora in the daytime. That'll be different. I think Ken and I will be there.

That's the Amphora where my friend always tried to pass off a glass of water that had a bunch of coffee creamers mixed in as milk. (Like I said, I've only been there in the middle of the night) Ah, memories.
  9. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Have a big honking piece of cake for me, folks. And I'll make sure I have a nice Philly Cheesesteak for you all. :D

10. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes Chrissy, you are falling for the power of the Philly Cheesesteak, or as I like to refer to it as the dark side of the steak.....

Soon you will know the power of the Cheesesteak... [face_devil]
  11. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 3
    Hello folks! Christa, Drew and "the Bean" will be in Brownsville PA next week. We'll try to bring back some Stoney's for you. :)

BTW, Saturday, July 23 is my 38th birthday! :D
  12. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    See everyone is coming to PA that weekend, just move the meeting here so I can go! lol

I'll provide the cheesesteaks. [face_devil]
  13. -Tenel-Ka- Jedi Master

star 4
    You could always move the meeting to Mexico, I hear it's quite nice there.

Heeeeeheheheh~
  14. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    you're going to have so much fun, Heather. I wish I was going away somewhere!
  15. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    One day I'm hoping to go to Mexico so I can see the Day of the Dead celebration with my own eyes. I hear it's quite fun and interesting.
  16. OpieOneKenobi Jedi Knight

I should be there. Can I get some directions please.

Erik
  17. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Here's address and phone number:

301 Maple Avenue West, Vienna, Virginia 22180 (703) 281-5631

And I think this is their website:

The Amphora is on Rt. 123 (Chain Bridge Road or Dolley Madison Blvd or Maple Ave, depending on where you are) in Vienna, VA - from the Beltway, you'd take 123 towards Tysons, keep on going past the mall, most of the way through Vienna and it's on the right. I think (don't quote me on it though) that if you get to the intersection of Nutley Street and 123 you've gone too far. Maybe Stallion has an address? I just know where it is on account of growing up here. (Their bakery made my wedding cake, so I can vouch for cheesecake AND regular cake quality)

PM either me or Stallion (keeping in mind I can't get on these boards at work anymore so you'll get directions at night) and say where you're coming from for better directions than that - and it'll give me a chance to look up an address or something.
  18. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    I think 301 is the bakery address. I think the restaurant is at 377. But also, it's been awhile since I've been there (6 years, at least). I usually take 66 to Nutley, just to avoid driving through all of Vienna. You go N on Nutley (towards Vienna) and then make a right on 123 (which is Maple at that point).
  19. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    You may be right, Minx - the restaurant and bakery are really near each other, at least. The restaurant is pretty big, stands on it's own, big sign on the street. The bakery is tiny, in a little strip of shops and is attached to a greek carryout place (also owned by the Amphora).
  20. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure it's pretty visible, though. Once people are on the right street, they shouldn't have too many problems finding it. And we all have cell phones, right? :p
  21. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    The address I got off Yahoo! is

377 Maple Ave W,
    Vienna, VA 22180
    Phone: (703) 938-7877

Anyway, by my count, I have 10 definites, with one maybe. So, I just called them and told them to expect 12 people (under the name Galactic Senate). Is anyone coming that hasn't messaged me or posted, yet? Also, I tweaked the time to 12:30 instead of 1:00. Just to give me a little more time there. Hope that's okay. :D
  22. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well now we might be late. Just wait for us ;)
  23. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    That's fine... it just means all the latecomers will get there at 1pm. Heh heh.
  24. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Had a great time today. Good to see everybody again. Looking forward to possibly doing all 6 SW movies sometime in November :D
  25. OpieOneKenobi Jedi Knight

Sorry I missed everybody today. I had to wait for my couches to get delivered and they didn't come until like 3:00. Don't you just love when people give you a 10 hour window for delivery! It completely ruins a day. Anyway, hope to see you guys next month or so.

Erik
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.