main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

June meeting - Saturday, June 15 2 PM, Village Inn near I-25 and Colorado

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, May 26, 2013.

1. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Whats the verdict on the Sky Sox game? Either way just picked up my tickets, should be fun! Wish I coulda made the meeting this month!

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    The meeting was called to order on 2:44 pm on June 15th, 2013 by Jonathan Thornton

Tickets
    Limited availability, great return, $00.50/ticket.

Introductions
    Introductions were made by one and all.

Denver Comic Con (DCC)
    The Star Wars wall was awesome at DCC and other fandoms were envious. Thanks to everyone involved. There was lot of positive reviews heard by DCC staff. Please keep your contact information updated with DCC staff. Jeff's props panel went over very well and was so very crowded that 60-100 people ended up being turned away. The Game Show panel was packed as well. DCC plans to improve crowd control fro next year. Total reported attendance was 61,000 for the total weekend. DCC is scheduled for June 13-15, 2014. Guests of DCC loved how they were taken care of. The Make-A-Wish (MAW) auction will also be at DCC next year as well. This year the official total was $4,600. Scott made an awesome auctioneer. This made MAW very happy. Next year there will be a Locks of Love challenge, participants to include Jeff and Becca and anyone else willing to join.

MALCON
    Information about a new convention happening in September was passed out. Everyone please attend! Get involved!

X-Wing Project
    The next round of coins, Mando Mercs inspired, launched this morning! Get them now, or forever shut your trap! There will be Open Cockpit at Wings Over the Rockies (WOTR) in the July, we will be using the green screen this time around. The X-Wing is undergoing major repairs due to a broken wing, the restorations department at WOTR is working on it. Jeff will be involved in the process. Next year is the 10 year anniversary of the X-Wing Project. Nessa (with the 501st) is working on a sensory event at the museum.

May 4th Re-Cap
    There were aprox 2400 attendees. The store made $10k alone, which is a record. All three food trucks sold out. The store has started selling star wars related items. Next year this event will span 2 days, with a VIP reception on Friday. The timed entry worked very well for the X-wing. The advanced tickets were popular. The green screen was popular. Premium admission pricing went over well.

Upcoming Events
    Sky Sox
    July Meeting
    August Garage Sale

Pinewood Derby
    Jeff is working on it

Name Badges
    Ben is ON IT big time

Treasury Report
    Start: 345.46
    -100.00 DCC prizes
    +4.00 Patches
    - 50.00 green screen software
    = 199.46 balance

Geek Cards
    Linda plans to do another run of geek cards. If you are interested, post in the geek card related run.

Group Photo
    Was taken

The meeting was disbanded by the great and not so powerful Jonathan Thornton at 3:27 pm

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    It will be trooped by those in the Rebel Legion and the 501st. Those who aren't in those groups and want to go can be costume wranglers, if they want, or go and hang out and have a great time.

4. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Do we have RMFF coins? I have seen some (like the xwing project)... I need to order a few!

5. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
  6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'd sugest PMing PtrsonsZOO and asking about buying one.

7. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    That is one motley looking crew.

Thanks for the notes!

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    You guys made $46,000 for Make A Wish?!?!?!?!

9. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    suck my tutu!:p

FanForced and Grimby like this.
  10. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I noticed that there wasn't any "tickets" for the raffle,at the last meeting? So I bought some raffle tickets for future meetings or whatever!I think there is 2000 double tickets(you get one-they get one) We could yous them for what ever? I will bring them to the July BBQ!

catz44 likes this.
  11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    That is very nice of you, jedijaysin. We didn't have any tickets because our treasurer wasn't able to make the last meeting. However, I don't know how many tickets he/we currently have, so those are very much appreciated! Bring them to the BBQ and you can hand them off to Jason D.