main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson June Meeting Saturday the 2nd

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, May 23, 2007.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, inthe last thread we determined Saturday June 2nd was the easiest day for most (sorry Frank) an dpossibly evening, around 6ish

I made the request for the community room around 6 at Bookmans on Grant/Campbell, but have not heard back from them yet. Any other suggestions? maybe the Denny's on the frontage rd?

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Heroes and vilians, Galactic Empire. I afraid that if we choose a eatery somepeople will feel pressured to buy food that can't afford it.

3. KickingnScreaming

KickingnScreaming Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    Meeting is officially at Bookman's Central
    1930 E. Grant (grant/campbell)

6pm in the Community Room

let's make it a pot luck meeting?
    we will bring some type of main dish

4. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    [face_beatup][face_worried]:_| o_O :mad: [face_skull]

5. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Dustin do we have the meeting room until 10pm? We have several little problems with this meeting as it has not been brought up in a week and not further discussed. I will have to be at the meeting as my stand in (Kat) is out of town. I will be unable to make it until 7:30 possibly a little earlier. Also as we have almost nothing planned as far as events go we can change the date but we need to discuss this now! Please will all C4 attendees chime in!

-Chris

6. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

Before this gets out of hand, let me provide the background for the above statement. Having looked back at the old meeting thread, I can see that we, AS A GROUP, had been discussing the evening of June 2nd for some time as the next meeting date.
    The problem is that some of us(myself included) were being so overwhelmed by almost everything at C4 that we forgot what had already been posted. Cut off from the rest of you by a lack of internet access, we couldn't punch up the old thread and see that June 2nd was about to be settled on. What little we did get was that there was a new thread stating that a meeting had been set for June 2nd and that this occurred while half the group was in LA at C4. I know that my initial reaction was, "Huh? How can they decide on a meeting when half of us are in LA?" Please note that we did not hear about this until Sunday, by which time most of us were getting groggy and iritable from the convention, parties, dinners, and lack of sleep.

No one has the right to set the date of a meeting when half the members are out of town. On the other hand, this will have been the second month in a row when the meeting was not decided on until mere days beforehand, which is not fair to just the members but any new members we wish to attract. I think this incident is a perfect example of why we NEED TO HAVE A FIXED DAY FOR MEETINGS, something that I have until now resisted. I intend to bring up the proposal at the next meeting.

7. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I concur with the wook..
    I will try to make this but it is our son's birthday and we usually do dinner. He might not mind waiting though.

8. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    the only thing I wanted to do was get a place for the date/time we seemed to agree on in the April/May thread.

Chris says he can't get there til 730 the room is open until 9 but i will call and see if this can be extended

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Unfortunately, a decision was made, in the best interest of the group, which does not work out for the group to even have a meeting. We need either the CR or secretary to conduct a meeting. We need the CR (and his/her approval) or elected secretary present (We need an agenda and minutes taken) to be even considered a FF meeting. The time will have to be moved back or re-scheduled. Yes, this might work out best for the whole of the group members but not the group as a whole.

Because of the fore mentioned issue I applaud the initiative of someone making a decision; unfortunately it just does not work out. We have even missed monthly meetings for lack of even organizing one. We really do need to set a reoccurring day of the month that works out best for the mass of the TFF and for potential new members and to show the community we are a serious organized group.

It?s been getting worse scheduling days and times and getting closer to the meeting date before we do schedule a meeting. I?m taking responsibility for this as much as anyone (I could not see anything in the future until C4 passed) but we?re getting sloppy in this area. This is why we need a set day for meetings (again stating what was already stated).

Between C4, life, and the last min. post office gig we?re just overwhelmed with other stuff on our collective plate to really discuss this meeting in length that works out for the TFF. IMHO.

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Bless you and many thanks, my daughter-in-law:confused: (a C4 thing, ask my son Chris) for NOT using the phrase, "Let the wookiee win."

It gets so old...:rolleyes:

11. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    No problem, and you're right, Chris never gave the offical go ahead with the June 2nd date, I misinterepreted what was said on the old forum as what was decided for the meeting date. Since we had no other place to resort to, I found Bookmans had a time slot available, and booked it just to make things easier since noone was coming up with meeting place options.

I did not intent to make a command decision that wasnt mine to make. I thought I was merely echoing what was already decided. Sorry.

Ill find out tomorrow if we can stay in the community room later if needed. Ill also bringing some food. Since it will be around dinner time, it will be a main dish.

But since it is still going, how about some agenda items?

Id like to hear a C4 report,
    USPS Stamp report/video (if possible)
    Show an Tell (civ booty!)
    elections (especially the proceedures)

13. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    If we are able to keep the meeting room until 10pm when bookmans closes I thenk we should keep that time slot as states in the previous thread the date works just not the time slot taken. I can be there by 7:30 at the latest as I discussed with DSJ today. Let us just make sure we can have the stand in secretary and some members that are able to attend.

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Michele will be there and Im sure she'd be happy to help if there is not another substitute secretary

15. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Brian and I payed a visit to GALACTIC EMPIRE (as many of you have)and had a got to talking about meeting places...He offered up the store as a meeting place for future fan meets, or a movie night, or whatever...he'd also like to get in the Fan Force action! (as some of you may well know)

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    This was already in the "cue" at the next meetings adjenda. Phil is going to be well taken care of by the TFF.

17. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I figured he was..such a nice bunch of people you are... [:D]

18. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I'm not going to try and come up for this meeting. Between it being in the evening, the drive home, and having to get up at 3am for work, I'll just see you guys next time.

19. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Here's an agenda, feel free to add to it...it doesn't seem like there are many upcoming events.
    -C4 report
    -USPS stamp report
    -Show and tell
    -Establish election procedures?
    -Get togethers outside of the TFF
    -Flowing Wells concert, May 9th ? how did it go?
    -RPG update
    -Fan Force library
    -Next meeting date!!
    -Events/parties that I?m forgetting
    -Anything else?

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Galactic Empire food drive

21. KickingnScreaming

KickingnScreaming Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    Dustin wanted you all to know that the Bookman's people will let us have the room until 945pm.

He also mentioned two bday parties to put to group vote.

22. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    We also need to discuss advertising update Dustin?
    howl a leen early I know.......
    new backdrops and or parade floats?
    festival of lights.......

I know these are far away but they will sneak right up on us if we are not careful.....

also toyboxx update?

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

24. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    We already voted on the bday party issue as members choose what they would like to do and we do not do it as the TFF.

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Yes the birthday parties are not a TFF event or something we bring to a vote, Michele didn't know that, its something I arrange on the side for donations of toys to take to Tucson Medical Center on Halloween or earlier, I just wanted to bring it to the attention of the members I had a couple more requests if anyone was interested in joining me.