main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL June Meeting things to bring whos bring what????

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LukeCeremonial22569, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddiehorror

Eddiehorror Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Can someone PM me an address or at least transmit me an access code?

2. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Ok folks, today is the day. Looking forward to everyone showing up and having a great time. Please have any info for meeting that you'd like to share with the group ready and with you today. Previously we had committees to cover all of the interest groups so we need to update the list of those interested in these areas so we can have time to get together for them.

Costumes & Props
    Events
    Collectors
    Fanfilm
    Gaming & LARP
    Movies & bookclub
    Newsletter

Looking forward to a fantastic year.

3. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    If you get lost or did not contact Mike or one of us...please do so or call my cell 727-692-8308. marie

4. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    We all had a GREAT time tonight, thanks! But what happened with the SW Holiday special? You all wanted to watch it so bad, even after many warnings from those of us who had seen it, but NOOOOOOOO, you all wanted to watch it anyway. And 10 minutes into it everyone had left!!! What happened?! I thought you wanted to see it?!
    I told you so!
    :)
    Anyway we had a great time, we need to meet more often, and now I have a BK Vader!
    later

5. Hopkins9482

Hopkins9482 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Yes, it was great seeing and meeting everyone (again). Hope to have another gathering again sometime soon and till then, well, guess we'll have to make do with the message boards.

6. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    that was fun! my first meeting and it went pretty smooth. we are starting a collecting group, and anybody i welcome to come with. we went last week, and it went so well, were gonna do it again!

7. Allysium

Allysium Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Yes, it was lots of fun! Sorry we bailed at the beginning of the movie. I actually thought the movie was kinda funny! It should be brought to the next meeting and forced on those of us who asked to see it. :)

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Great meet/party. I was happy to meet so many new fans. The video of the holiday special is still with us!!! Thanks to Brian for the ROTS opening night news casts, it is great!!! We do have a lot of plans in the next 6 months...so we will be very busy with events, workshops and cons.!!!

9. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    I was watching the Holiday Special but when Master Ross speaks, I jump to attention. But seriously, we had been planning to go see Batman after the party all along. We just got the video playing way too late to finish watching it. [face_worried] The choices between the 2 programs really were simple.

As for the rest of the party and meeting, it was great having such a good turnout with so many folks actually starting to get to know each other. I was impressed with the interaction and rapport everyone seemed to be having. It was really nice to not have to be one of the few doing most of the talking for a change. I know Marie is thrilled with that too. If everyone continues with the level of enthusiam and cooperation we had last night, I believe we can finally build the Tampa Bay Chapter into a fine and strong part of the Fanforce.

I was greatly encouraged but the number of folks sincerely excited about getting our name out there and begining to work on building a reputation as and ACTIVE and VISABLE chapter. I am hoping that even with all of our busy life schedules that we will continue to make the time to post, make public appearances, do charity work, and develope new friendships within the group to strenghten and grow our chapter. I am excited about going to see Warwick Davis, doing some appearances at local kids hospitals, getting entire families involved, parties and outings to push back some of the mundaity from our lives a few hours a week or so. Small commitment to do a big job and have fun doing it. You can count on me to continue to spend a lot of positive energy in this endeavor.

Finally, I want to thank everyone who made an appearance, brought food, brought new ideas and enthusiam to the meeting. Thank you Ross for chairing the meeting as Events Coordiantor and helping keep us on track. Thanks Marie for you continued hard work and support of the chapter. BIG thank you to Mike for letting us invade your home and enjoy your hospitallity. Thank you Brian for the News Release CD with our first of many 15 minutes of fame. It was fabulous coverage. Thanks to everyone for participation. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you as friends and cohorts in future Star Wars and other endeavors.

MTFBWYA Annya Latoure...aka Denise Lewis=D=

10. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Thank you Denise for also reading my mind and feelings. I was too tired to type all of that this morning!!! I stayed and talked with Mike and his friend Ross until about 11 pm. Finally got to bed around midnight!!!.

To me being part of a visable, active group is to all plan and do what you can. When life comes up to meet some of us in the ---!! Those that can keep things going, so we don't fade away...some folks have had a very tough and unsettling year, and it is nice to see so many friends problems smoothing out. The main thing is that we stayed in contact and did what we could even during the hard times. Unfortunately we did loose some fans along the way for various reasons. But, we do have many new and wonderful friends to work and play with. I would like to have an informal online chat or gathering soon. This would be to discuss some much needed topics. If there is a way to set up video conferencing so that as many folks can be here in one way or another...please let me know. I do have some extra electronics and can set up cameras and laptops, I also have wireless.

Right now I know for me I am looking forward to the beach party in a few weeks. I never seem to get to go to the beach and could use the relaxation. That's why I can be at the park early to reserve a place and take a nap in the shade until other folks start arriving...sunrise is really nice on the beach!!!!!

So please feel free to email me at one of my addresses: Mrankin2@msn.com, mrankin5@tampabay.rr.com.

Thanks so much everyone and those thaqt could not come please try to come to the beach party in July we have a lot going on the rest of this year!!!
    Marie

11. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    It was a great time. Thanks again Mike for the use of your home and awesome pool. I feel that things are really starting to come together nicely in the group, I know I am fairly new to the fanforce, but I already feel very much a part of everything. You guys are all great and with are continued dedication this will be a truly great chapter of the Fanforce.

12. jedi-knight-FL

jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Wow, everybody has been busy on the board today!

First off, I would like to thank Mike for his hospitality, hope you enjoy all the left-overs (we had lots to eat and drink). Even though I arrived 4 hours later than I anticipated, I met everybody and had a great time.

You're welcome for the News Media coverage, I had a blast doing it!

Upon departing, we went directly to Veterans 24 to see Batman (good movie) which finished around 1am, didn't get to sleep till about 2am, couldn't get up in time to go to church. Went straight over to parents house for Fathers Day festivities; took dad out to Maccaroni Grill (he liked), then finally back home to catch up.

13. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    i had a great time at the meeting as well as gathering with all of you .... it is great to see the fan force really grow with dedicated fans....i hope to participate as much as i can before i leave for my new home sometime this summer.....well gotta go....btw...we had a great showing for our house....and.....ross where is my piece of the fan force cake????

14. Hopkins9482

Hopkins9482 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Cake was left at my place :p If anyone wants any, let me know and I'll save some for everyone. Fridge is full and I don't want to throw out anything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.