main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

June Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey there, guys!

We really need to get together and have ourselves an official meeting sometime super soon. Even with school being out, we still have plenty of people hanging around to get together.

I was thinking since Kashyyyk was going to be in town next week, we could have one then. How does Wednesday sound?

Do you guys want to go rock climbing? Get together for a movie? Just meet for lunch? I'm up for anything.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Sounds awesome! I know Kashyyyk hasn't seen Reloaded yet, and Finding Nemo comes out tomorrow.

Rock climbing is always an option, but I don't know how late we want to be out during a weekday.

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    ah geez guys, I know there have to be at least two of you lurking around here somewhere! Anyway, it looks like I won't have to work, but given the overwhelming response do we still want to get together and do something?

4. Captain_NoBeard

Captain_NoBeard Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2003
    Wednesday and Thursday are out for me because of work, but I'd love to get together and do something.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well it looks like I'll be doing a showing of the Trilogy on Friday if you want to come on over. I don't know who all will be there yet, but everyone is welcome :)

6. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    As for the official meeting (which was brought up in a different and relatively unrelated thread), we were talking about just making it at SWW this Saturday.

I realize that there are a few people who are not going to be going to SWW, but given the majority of our group will be there, I think it would be a wonderful place to get together.

If the call time for the parade is as blasty early as Q says it is, then I guess a pre-parade meeting is out of the question. Any other ideas for a time?

We need to get these details hammered out so I can have them posted to make this meeting official.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Are you doubting me Stimpy?! :p

From the FL501st boards:

The Parade Information

CALL TIME: 9 am

WHERE: Cast parking lot area of MGM?..(Jerry to give directions)

This is the order we will march in:

Royal Guard: Banner Holders

Officers: Will hold banner if no Royal Guard

Biker Scout Props

Biker Scouts

Tie Fighters

Legion Command Staff: Al & Tim; with orange paludrons, if you don?t have one we will switch with someone.

Storm Troopers: Clean, NO pauldrons, Except Group Leaders

Sandtroopers: Line up by paldron color (Orange, White, Gray, Black). PLEASE bring BFG?s, Backpacks if you have them.

Snow Troopers

Clone Troopers
    GROUP LEADERS

Royal Guard: Scott Will & John Fuld

Officers: John Fuld

Tie Fighters: John Fuld & James P.

Storm Troopers: Jerry Jones, Dean P, Julo San Martain, TBA

Sand Troopers: Scott Maul & Clutch

Snow Troopers: Scott Will

Clone Troopers: TBA
    PLEASE be on time and have your ID with you.

I would like to me with the group leaders at 8:30 am at the MGM entrance to pass out the formation sheets and answer any questions BEFORE the group get there for check in.

When I read this I was actually kinda glad I'm not marching.

How late is everyone staying? Maybe we could try a dinner meeting afterwards or something?

8. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Oooh- good thinking. I think I like the grabbing food afterwards idea.

If we did it outside of Disney, it would be better and cheaper- and probably a less distracting atmosphere for our meeting.

Good thinking! :D

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks :) Maybe we could all meet up at the exit of the park and follow each other somewhere? We know that there are some decent places off exit 98, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

10. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I think we are the only ones suggesting here.

That sounds like a good idea. What about a time? I don't want to make it too late, as I don't know when people will be leaving.

It should be after 6 or 7, though. I'm pretty sure that's the last time for scheduled events.

How's 8pm?

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    lol, yeah, I've noticed that. 8pm sounds good to me, but then again I'll just tag along whever you go :p

Q2, how does 8 sound?

Sounds good! Q3?

I like it, meet in front of the exit, right?

You got it. Oh man, gotta control those little Q's before they get loose. :)

12. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Umm- toward the end of the day, I think the exit will become a mighty busy area. Perhaps the super conspicuous big blue hat would be better?

I was just trying to make sure if you thought everybody would be able to do an 8pm meeting. If so, I will make it official.

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Big blasty blue hat of blasty happy happiness it is then!

Oh man, it's either late or I'm old...

14. Captain_NoBeard

Mar 31, 2003
    You mentioned marching, Q, and that brought back memories from the high school band. How hilarious would a stormtrooper marching band be? I guess it would be hard for anyone to actually play their instruments though, except the drums. THAT would be cool anyhow.

Oooh, ooh, by the way, I think I can go to SWW this time! [does the famous Vulcan hillbilly jig]

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    LOL! I've seen stormtroopers dance to disco so I don't think a bunch of marching troopers would be too hard. We could do like jackdoud and hook MP3 players up to the voice amplifiers :D Man, quit giving me ideas!

16. Captain_NoBeard

Mar 31, 2003
    Excellent news I have, Yes! Both Mindy and her sister are wanting to come, and if they do, Megan will bring her Suburban which can seat a bunch of people. How many are going anyway?

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well Jayna and I are going to drive over super early to try and stake out parade watching spots and meet up with her friends from R2-Detroit, Kashyyyk is going to be staying in Orlando, and Karma will also be heading over super early to march in the parade. I don't think anyone will need rides, so you can leave the gas guzzling super blasty machine home and take the echo efficient Dave-mobile! Complete with new paint job :) Are you all going to be able to make the dinner meeting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.