main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY June Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Well, I guess its about time to start the new meeting thread! :)

So, what would everyone like to do this month?

We have the Frazier Arm's Museum (don't know if that's spelled correctly at the moment). Which, if some of you don't have any interest, we can do as a seperate group.

Then there's the regular stand by's: Bowling or Laser Tag.

Any other suggestions?

Oh, and we should have the Vader sometime in June, we can get together seperately to take some pics with him around town, but we might have him for our regular meeting so that we can get a pic with everyone.

I guess we need a date too. Weekend of the 19th or the 26th?

2. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    One suggestion would be the renaisance fun park. Minature golf, go-carts and Laser-tag. We can decide which ones we want to do when we get out there.

I would like to go to the Fraizer Arms Mueseum, but I know a couple people have already been.

I think as of right now both weekends look to me.

3. Zenobia

Zenobia Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    We get the keys to the new rental house the 12th, so we'll be spending both weekends awash with frantic moving.

Therefore, greedily, I recommend the rest of you see the Fraser Museum. :)

4. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    I think the renaisance park sounds like it would be fun, I've never been.... :) Oh, and both weekends will be fine for me.

5. Lady_Lumiya

Lady_Lumiya Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2002
    I would like to go to the museum or any other really cool thing.

Somthing we haven't done yet.

6. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    The museum costs $9.00 to get in. I believe it was either $5 or $6 per game at Renaise Fun park. If that makes any difference to anybody.

Edit: Can't spell today.

7. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    It doesn't make a difference to me. I love miniature golf, lazer tag, and go-karts. And I love ancient weapons and armor, so either way is good with me. :D

8. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I say we should plan on going to the mueseum on the 26th. We should have the Vader by then. We could get some shots of him downtown in front of the Bat at Slugger Mueseum. and maybe take him across the River and get a picture of him with the Louisville Skyline.

What does everyone think?

9. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    That's a good idea. We definately need the Louisville Slugger in there, and I think a skyline shot would be cool.

10. CreatureCreator

CreatureCreator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2001
    I will not be able to attend. If you are looking for a once a year kinda thing, the Rock and Ride festival is that weekend. CHeckout www.rockrideevents.com

We're hosting one of the stages. Will be a good time.

Dan

11. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Well, it looks , like I won't be able to attend this month... Books-A-Million is having it's annual 1 day sale that day, and I agreed to work that day to help out.... sorry guys! See you all next month. :(

12. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    It also looks like we won't have Vader by the 26th either. We may not have him now until the middle of July.

So, does everyone still want to go to the Museum this month, or postpone until next month? It doesn't matter to me, I'd still like to see the Museum, but I'm up for doing something different if everyone wants.

13. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I am still up for going to see the mueseum on the 26th. If everybody wats to postpone it, that would be fine with me also. Whichever is fine with me.

Man is that Vader going to make it to Boston in time for C3?

14. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I think it'll be close, Vader's having a little trouble getting around the country...

15. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm going to have to vote that we not go to the Arms Museum this month, but rather wait until July.

Reasons:

1.) If we're going to go downtown to take a picture of the Vader with the bat, and we won't have him until after July 7 anyway, then having the July meeting at the Arms Museum would kill two birds with one stone, from a having-to-go-downtown perspective.

and

2.) Based on the posts in this thread, hardly anyone is able to make the June meeting (or is the fact that we're talking about going to the museum WHY so few people are able to come? I think we're all open to doing something else if more people would be interested).

Then again, those are just my thoughts. I'll be there regardless of what we do, but it's only a little over a week away now, so we should probably try to finalize place & time & stuff.

16. CreatureCreator

CreatureCreator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2001
    You are feeling very sleepy. Your eyes are getting very heavy. You are feeling the sudden urge to goto Kentucky Kingdom this weekend to take part in Rock 'N Ride.....

Seriously, though. Rock 'N Ride is pretty cool. If not Rock 'N Ride, I do put in a request that as many as possible attend the Battle of The Bands at O'Malley's on July 16th. 25% of the scoring is on crowd...

17. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Man, I wouldn't mind going to that, I haven't been to KY Kingdom in a long time, but I don't think I can drop the money for the admission right now!

Battle of the Bands I can make. :)

18. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Anything? Anyone?

19. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    It doesn't really matter to mw what we do. If there is only going to be three or four of us Saturday, we might want to cancel the meeting and echedule something for July, since it looks like a lot of our members has other stuff going on this weekend.

20. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Okay, so no one wants to or is able to get together this month, we can postpone the museum visit until next month.

21. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I'll guess I'll see everyone next month!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.