JUNE MEETING.

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Sith_Patterson, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah, so I'll joing the rebels :(

I'm getting some femm trooper armor made though, I made a deal with my mom and I have to like recover our patio furniture or something and then she'll buy it for me. w00t. Any good suggestions of where though? I mean I've found some sites on the net...but I was just wondering if you guys have any good pointers or whatever.

I may be able to go one of the weekends...but I'm not sure yet. I have to finish my online math class. Blah, never take math online.
  2. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Karma, you around??

I personally wouldn't do fem armor first since it's not eligible for membership, but that's just me. Though I guess I should never do fem armor...
  3. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    They should make an exception for fem armor, cause I still want some. :/
  4. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Problem is, it isn't canon :(

Trust me, I'm a big fan myself ;)
  5. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    The only non-canon part is the chest. If the rest is accurate enough. . . *shrug*
  6. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Depends on the version of fem you go for. There is a more popular set that is very different.

If you go with the version you are talking about Amy, just buy a regular chest and join with that.
  7. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, I hate the "more popular" set. Bleh. I thought about buying the regular armor and then just seeing if I can buy a chest piece for when I don't feel like being canon. Or vice versa. o_O Where is the best place to get armor? I have a place bookmarked that does fem armor, and I'm pretty sure they do regular armor, too but I'm too lazy to look at the moment. Any recommendations?
  8. darthdemios Jedi Master

star 1
    vaderpainter has good armor
  9. Karma Jedi Knight

star 3
    White vaderpainter has nice armor, his armor is quite expensive.

The place that has fem armor uses a thinner gauge ABS that the TK kits you see out there. I've seen some thigh pieces that had warps and bubbles from there too, and I've seen some that haven't. So be warned.

The 501st doesn't allow fem armor even as an alternate costume or as an "unofficial" costume, since femtroopers haven't appeared anywhere...novels, movies, cartoons, etc. So if your eventual goal is to become a member, do like I did and get canon armor first, and a spare fem chestpiece to use for when the times call for it.

10. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Karma, what are the chances of glassing the inside of the fem armor to make it more sturdy?

Or as an alternate, if anyone wants to make a chest cast, just lemme know [face_devil]
  11. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    get canon armor first, and a spare fem chestpiece to use for when the times call for it.
    Exactly what I've been thinking about doing all along, Karma. :) Before I knew anyone actually sold fem armor, I was fully prepared to find a way to make my own. BTW, how much does a TK kit run anyhow?
  12. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    A full kit will run about 650
  13. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Spiffin'. I'll definitely have to wait a bit, but now I have a goal, so yay.
  14. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah I wanted regular armor before I realized there was fem armor...so I'll probably do that too so I can join. :D
  15. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok bad news i work saterday dont get off till 6;00 if you guys stay at millon till then i can meet up with you. or if you guys want to get some food then we can go over there or some thing i will be at the meetting asap.
    i will use the mind trick to try to get off at 5;00
  16. darthdemios Jedi Master

star 1
  17. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    We can stick around. I'd really like this meeting to just be a meet and greet/hang out and talk SW stuff since it's the first time a lot of us are actually meeting each other.

I may have to bug out early depending on some issues I'm having right now, but if that's the case I'll make sure to let everyone know.
  18. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    I could bring SW trivial pursuit...and we could play a game or something...?
  19. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I will be getting off work at the time of the meeting, so I will already be there. Everyone has been warned of our presence also. ;) I can attempt to claim the comfy chairs and table, or we can sit in the café. SW Trivial Pursuit sounds great I have SW monopoly saga edition I can bring if anyone is interested.
  20. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    well that was a hell of a thing. Thanks for showing up everyone [face_beatup]
  21. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah. That was a blast. All three of us. [face_frustrated]
  22. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    you do have to say it was funny aleast it wasnt the smallest meeting one of the meetings it was just me and Q
  23. MR_BONES Jedi Padawan

Sorry yall. I tried to get off but i didnt end up out of work till 10:30. i was like 2 seconds away too. Sorry again
  24. Karma Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK here's the deal, my old man has planned a nice little b-day party for me, we are going bowling at Ormond Lanes at 3:30 and then heading back to my place for a BBQ afterwards (could be around 6 or 6:30, depending on how many games we bowl.) You are all welcome to come bowling and then stop by the house. No presents!

star 3
    my mom threw a bitchfest....because I woke up from a nap at 5 and it takes me an hour to drive down there and then she was all of a sudden like "oh well you can't go, you have stuff to get done here"

That would've been fine with me...but she knew that I wanted to go and I had asked her like weeks ago, and even yesterday. She just did this because she's having separation anxiety because I'll be 18 soon and she can't handle it because she's unstable.

okay it's 3am and this window has been open for hours...I just forgot to post it.

I'm glad you guys had fun though. Sry I couldn't make it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.