main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI June Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ROGUE_NINER, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Arca

Master_Arca Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    I have to play in the band for graduation, so I won't be able to be there until 3PM. This should be my last commitment for a while.

2. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    sounds good, from the way it looks we should be able to at least meet outside for a little bit, they're still calling for Rain but is scattered and should be a replay of the last couple days

3. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Rick, it wont be a big deal to get there at 2:30 like I said the mall is just across the street and I wont go home anyway. I can easily be there by that time. I'll just bring a change of clothes to work. Borders does sound like a better place that way we can sit, however I for one would be up for a trip to TRU afterwards! even though I did just buy a lot of figures, its always fun to look.

Forcebewitya!

4. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    It doesn't look like it will rain during the day but the way the weather has been who knows

5. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well I will be the first to say good meeting guys (and girls) it was nice to meet you master_arca its nice to have another person my age in the group. Not that you guys arent the coolest people ever :) yet I didn't catch your real name? Anyway I look forward to the next meeting talk to you all later.

Forcebewitya!

6. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, I must say, it was one of our better meetings. I had fun.

Master Arca, it is always great to have a fresh face in the group. Most new people just sit back to get a feel for the group, but I like how you jumped in and added to the conversation. I hope you join us as much as you can. Thanks for coming. =D=

I think our group is growing and becoming more diverse, and I like that! Let's keep it up and add more people to the mix! [face_dancing]

Sorry you missed out, Jon. :( Maybe next time you can get with us.

Borders was a decent place to meet too. I liked not having to strain my ears over the drone of hundreds of other people. We could actually hear each other talking for a change. Maybe we should ask them to make a small lounge type area with sofas and coffee tables so we can be more comfortable next time. [face_laugh] Just a thought.

7. Master_Arca

Master_Arca Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    That was an awesome meeting. Finally I have some people who know as much (or more) about the Star Wars universe as I do to talk to. My name is Aaron for anyone who didn't get it, I kinda forgot to formally introduce myself.

Meeting at borders was a good idea, and some more comfortable chairs would be nice.

8. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    It was wonderful meeting with everyone again (and getting my questions answered). With all due respect, there WERE some padded straight back chairs against the wall near the windows, but all and all, Borders was a much more comfortable place. There are also not one, but two gazebos in the area (the one by ToysRUs, but also one by the party store, that doesn't look like it is used all that often).

9. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    well I know that there are little areas within the store that have couches and chairs I think if we maybe call them before the meeting and let them know they can reserve it. I'll do it if you guys want me too, just a thought but perhaps they could do some advertising for us too. I mean it would help out there store too. They could put some Star Wars books around us. However it isnt really a book club but its worth a try. I did like that setting better as well. Nice to see all of you, I agree it is exciting that the group is growing, now you all better stay with us after the Episode III hype goes down ;)

Forcebewitya!

10. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    it was a fun meeting, nice to have a semi quite place to meet for once, though we could have met outside since the rain never came. We're always glad to have new people, hopefuly you last longer then some of the other people who came to a meeting.

By the Way I ran into jedihexer at barns and Noble after we wraped up, we talked alittle about Filmcon but nothing major.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.