St. Lou, MO June Meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    BBQ in Forrest Park anyone? I think we all want to do something pretty cheap and easy. We use the picture money for that to keep our costs down.

Dates? Nothing comes to mind that's going on in June to knock any weekends out, that I know of at least.
  2. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Bah, I wanted to plan another Illinois meeting. Justice will come swiftly Dijon. [face_plain]

But it sounds like a good idea, just remember not to have it on Father's Day (I have my Godson's baptisim to go to that day). I'll *probably* show for this.
  3. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I think it is a great idea and my weekends so far are open...
  4. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I always forget Father's day....
  5. LeraTheElf Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good thoughts. Lightsabre melee?
  6. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    LeraTheElf posted on 5/22/05 9:33pm

/>

Claire wanting to play with swords? Knock me over with a feather! :p/>/>
  7. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    As long as it's not those crappy toy ones. Those are too short. We should just get some metal pipes....
  8. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dajuan,
    If we are wanting to have a pavillion at Forest Park, they fill up really quick. I could call and see what they have available. Also, they do cost to rent, but if we all pitched in, it would not be so bad. My weekend are funny for June. I have work Saturdays 1-5pm until after Father's day and then I am off on Saturdays and go in at 5pm on Sundays. Ugh! But, I will find a way to attend at some point no matter what.
    Leash
  9. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    BBQ sounds great to me!
  10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Sad thing is, the lightsaber daggers are more sturdy than the bigger ones. [face_plain]

I'm up for the lightsaber melee. :D I only have one lightsaber left though... Ah well.
  11. titania7 Jedi Knight

star 2
    We'd love to do it! The only thing that we have coming up is this big family event on the 4th.

Just an FYI on that, as well. Patrick's company is invading Forest Park that day with a few thousand people. We're going to be there with them, and I would recomend other groups staying away. These Enterprise people can get a little crazy! ;)
  12. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
  13. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG! That is a funny coincidence. I just started working at Enterprise. I am training at the National Reservation Center. I haven't heard anything about a picnic in the park yet, but I am new and it might be just for corporate too.
    Leash
  14. titania7 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think that you're in the same building (off main campus at Hanley) as Patrick.

It's open for everyone in the corporate system, which includes the Hanley folks. You're all still considered corporate there.

Congrats on starting there. We love the company!

The family event is still open (I think). Ask at HR about it. It's all day on the 4th all throughout Forest Park.
  15. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, we are in the same building. How cool! I will have to ask the trainer about the event. I'm always up for free food of any kind! One of my best friends work at the corporate office in Clayton, but he started out at the National Reservations.
    Leash
  16. padawanjo Jedi Padawan

I would love a Forest Park meeting...I don't have a car so it's difficult for me to make meetings in IL or anywhere other than the Central County corridore.

I'd love to reconnect with the St Louis Star Wars community.
  17. kancerman Jedi Knight

star 1
    Forest Park Works for me ... just a jump off the metrolink ... pick a date and get back to me !!
  18. JediUruviel Jedi Master

star 4
    depending on the time, I'd love to try and get there! ^_^
  19. Notclown-Joker Jedi Knight

star 1
    I always work crazy so as much advance warning as possible would super. cause It was so much fun at Ronnies
  20. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    How would the 18th work for everyone? (Just to throw out a date... :) )
  21. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    I work that day 1pm to 5pm. But I would try to make it in the begining, before work and then after work.
    Leash
  22. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    I do believe the 18th would work. Maybe I'll bring the kids with me since it's not so "public" and there's less of a chance of them embarrassing me. :p
  23. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
  24. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
  25. titania7 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Calendar looks clear here. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.