main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

June Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Since May is about to wrap up, I figured we'd get a jump on June and try to get something set up early so everyone can participate. Start thinking about what days and times are good for you to get together and post them here.

Some things to consider:

Sundays are generally best for Robby, unless something has changed.

June 19th - Fathers' Day - which will probably be bad for me and Kevin.

June 18th/19th - First full weekend release for Batman Begins (actually comes out on the 15th)

June 11th - If we choose that day, I'm not available until after 5pm.

I haven't heard lately how Kevin G. and his leg are doing. Hopefully he is mobile enough to join us and if so, we can do something laid back so he can keep up the healing process. Get well Kev!

ROTS will probably still be playing a while if anybody wants to see that again.

Anyway, those are just some thoughts - feel free to come up with some dates and ideas if a movie isn't your thing. Hopefully we can get something set soon so we won't have it hanging over our heads.

2. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Yeah I'll be at my parent's house for dad's day. I'd love to go see Batman Begins or ROTS. I thought it would be cool to see ROTS as a group anyway. I plan to see it a couple more times anyway. I've seen it twice already. My suggestion is if we do goto see a movie, we could goto dinner or something afterwards to discuss club business like the site and all. And I do hope that Kevin G is doing better and has been able to get out to see ROTS cause it's too good to miss.

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I am not available these weekend days:

June 4th (Saturday) - Zach's 1 yr old birthday party

June 19th (Sunday) - Father's Day

June 25th (Saturday) - Will be in Lexington, NC
    June 26th (Sunday) - My birthday

Let me know of other times and dates and I will try to make them work.

Kevin H.

4. Master_Dante_Jarmeck

Master_Dante_Jarmeck Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    im usually only off sundays and mondays

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    How does a late evening meeting on Sunday, June 12th sound? That's prior to Batman Begins premiere, but we could still catch a 7:00-ish ROTS again and/or do dinner somewhere either before or after (I'd personally prefer before). We've got Basil's, Andy's, A.J.'s, or Blimpie's in that area. We've also got the standard fast food fare, so if anyone wanted to get some BK toys, that's an option. Either way, throw out your opinions on the date and what you want to do if a movie isn't your thing. We're open to other ideas. Hopefully we'll get this locked down by early next week.

6. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    sounds great to me. dunno where I wanna go eat so you guys decide. I can't wait! I gotta see ROTS again.

7. Master_Dante_Jarmeck

Apr 18, 2005
    june 12 sounds good, if we can confirm that i can make sure i dont have to work, so master Dante is looking for comfirmation

8. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. In case ya'll didn't read my last post a week or so ago, my leg is broke, actually it's just a small fracture at the top of the femur. It's in a bad place and seems to be taking forever to heal. The doctor said there's not much they can do and he just told me to rest and let it heal on it's own. I'm doing a little better but still having some pain. If nothing goes wrong hopefully I can make it on the 12th. I haven't been anywhere really since I found out my leg was broken. Therefore, I haven't seen ROTS yet but I want to. I'll keep ya updated on my condition.

9. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Yes, Kevin G. Please keep us updated, we miss you.

Sunday June 12 sounds good to me. Would love to see the movie again.

On a side note, we are selling our house and looking to move up to a bigger one. Wish us luck.

Kevin H.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    All right fellas! Sounds like we have a pretty good concensus here, so here's the plan -

June 12th - Meet up at 5:30pm at A.J. McMurphy's for a pre-movie dinner and social time. Then we'll head to the 7:00-ish ROTS (since we don't know the run times yet, we'll pick the one that best fits around our dinner). If anyone needs directions to A.J.'s, let me know and I'll post them.

11. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    man, I'm excited about the GFF being in full force for the first time in forever! Plus I wanna see ROTS again.

12. Master_Dante_Jarmeck

Apr 18, 2005
    i need directions!!! im a bit directionally chalanged.

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    AJ's is in the Turnbury Shopping Center which is the one with Food Lion in it right by the theater. I'm not sure where exactly you'll be coming from, but if you're coming down Firetower Road towards Charles St., go past the theater (the theater would be on your left). That next stoplight is the intersection of Arlington Blvd. and Firetower. Turn left onto Arlington. Take the 2nd right called Turnbury Drive. It's probably only a couple of 100 yards after you turn, if even that far. That's just a small access road that'll bring up the backside of the shopping center. As you approach the shopping center, AJ's will be the first place you'll see on the side of the center which will be on your right (and on Sunday, it'll probably be the only thing open on that side.) If you have any more questions, let me know!

14. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    I don't know if I should be spilling the beans right now, but Lt_Cm_Data and I found a new place to live. I am going to be moving early July so if everything is straightened out maybe we can have a late July or Aug meeting at my new place. its not an apartment so no neighbor worries. How much are tickets for sundays? is it matanee price? I hope so cause with moving I am extremly limited on funds.

15. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    It'll be after the matinees by the time we get there. I think anything after 5:00pm is regular price, which is $7.25. AJ's is affordable though. You'll probably be able to eat for less than the price of the movie. :p

16. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    I usually goto my parents house on Sundays so i can always eat there, and then hang out with you guys at AJ's. It's no biggie. I am really really limited so I'll only have enough for the movie for Lt_Cm_Data and I.

17. BarrisOffee

BarrisOffee Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Hey, just thought I would stop by and see what's going on. I'm known as "Queen Mom" of Eastern Rim.

18. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Welcome Barriss. Come join in the fun on Sunday. Would love to have you! If you need directions, just ask.

Kevin

19. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Barriss is super nice AND her daughter swings a mean blaster. ;) Check out our website if yall get a chance to see our EP.III line party pics. Barriss's daughter won the costume contest the local paper and us sponsored. They did a fantastic job on her costume. Our address is in my sig.

20. BarrisOffee

BarrisOffee Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Would love to join you guys! Thank you for the offer, ,I do need to check my schedule then maybe my daughter (eris) and myslf will attend. Thanks!!! And Eddie, your sweet too. Everyone knows i' a real b*tch. Medicated at that =P~

21. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Guys, I hate to do it again but I'm gonna have to sit this one out too. My leg is somewhat better but still not enough to the point where I can walk on it or drive. Also, my sister is coming over Sunday afternoon. We're celebrating her birthday so that kinda throws a kink in there as well. I'm hoping this thing is healing like it's supposed to and I'll be able to join you guys again next month. I really wanted to see ROTS too. Might have to wait til it's out on DVD. :(

22. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    You'll be missed Kevin, but we totally understand about letting your leg heal. Get that thing back in shape so we can see you again soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.