main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio June Meeting?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Tobey-Wan, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, CIV is over and we're back with plenty of stories and pictures. When would be like to get together?

There was some mention of a get together at the Shull residence during some festival. Is that still an option?

2. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    Sounds like a good idea? Any tuesday this month works for me. I'm up for anyplace.

3. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Still waiting on things to settle before we can firmly commit to a date.

4. darthshull

darthshull Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2006
    We are still open to hosting a cookout. The Old West End festival was this weekend so we would just do an ordinary cookout without the hoopla. However, we can make our own hoopla. I am also OK with meeting at someone else's or out at an establishment. Whatever the masses wish.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    As always, my schedule is up in the air. Mondays and Tuesdays are bad for me, and Thursdays can be problematic as well.

6. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I guess there is really no hurry in planning the next meeting. Perhaps a BBQ or something like that, everybody brings something, and we and Tobey can show some of our C4 pics.

How does the 29th (Fri) or 30th (Sat) sound (assuming people are thinking more of a weekend night rather than the usual weeknight choice?

7. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I can do the 30th but I don't get off of work till after 5:00 pm on saturdays but if we can deside on a date I will try and get that day off. Saturday my vote but I will go with what works for the group.

8. darthshull

Nov 29, 2006
    Can't wait to see the pics. 30th is ok as it stands today.

9. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    30th would be fine by me as well.

My pictures are all on Google!

http://picasaweb.google.com/tobeyrobison/StarWarsCelebrationIV

10. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    So Anthony was nice this time? Nice pics looks like you had fun.

11. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Haha, Anthony was Anthony from what I heard. I only worked his line for about an hour and a half on Monday right before be packed up, so I didn't have that much exposure.

12. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Closing in on the 30th. Is this day good for the host? Seems like Shull should make the call on this one. ;)

13. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, Kim thought she was off on the 30th but I just found her call schedule and she is on call for that day. So...you could still go ahead without us, or we could pick a different time, or we could have it at our place if people want to travel a bit extra (pool & BBQ ;) ).

14. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Cool pics Tobey. I have yet to post my pics of CIV. Actually there weren't very many this time around for me. Not sure why but I just didn't take very many.

15. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I actually thought that I took more than I ended up with. I was thinking over a hundred easy, but wasn't even close.

16. darthshull

Nov 29, 2006
    Apparently my last posting did not get on the boards. My family has made a last minute vacation trip to South Haven and we are due back late on the 30th so we could not host anything on that day. Let me know where I can help.

17. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    So I guess the 30th is not good for people. Moff_D what days works for you guys?

18. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, the first two Fridays & Saturdays in July look fine. It doesn't have to be on a weekend night either. ;) We can have it wherever the majority wills, but if people like the idea of a pool party/bbq kind of thing and can travel the extra little bit, we would be happy to host it. Or not as the case may be ;)

19. darthshull

Nov 29, 2006
    First two weekends are ok in toledo. however, the pool party would have to be a hottub/bbq party at my house. No Pool. Still ok to have at my house if majority rules. Will travel to Bryan as well.

20. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I'm willing to do what ever to the group desides. If its trip I'm willing to help for gas if I can get a ride? I don't know when I will be free but if we can deside on a date I can try and get it off. But tuesdays work for me becaues its the one I always get off.

21. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    What happened to a lot of the people who used to post here besides us regulars?

I don't have a complaint about hot tubs ;) I guess it would help if other people expressed a desire over one place or another. We have most of our C4 art hung if people wanted to see that, and we could do a bigscreen slideshow of C4 pics...not that I'm trying to 'win' the location ;) We are farther to go, which seems to be a detriment to hosting SW events (as our 3 person Xmas party demonstrated, right Tobey? :p ) To give it more time, how about we settle on the 2nd July weekend and debate location? Any objections to that idea?

22. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I'm down for whatever. Second weekend in July (13-15) is fine for me as I'm working next weekend (7/8).

23. darthshull

Nov 29, 2006
    That weekend is good for me. Ok with Bryan or Toledo. If in Bryan gets me out of the house without younglings. Won't hurt my feelings wherever we go as long as we go somewhere.

24. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    If we have it here you are welcome to bring the family along, Shull.
    (if you wanted to that is ;) )

25. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I will know by this Firday if I have to work. I might not be able to make another trip down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.