main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp JUNE MEETING

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Capt_Brandon_Berry, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    I MIGHT BE THERE, MIGHT NOT, AT THIS POINT I JUST DONT KNOW!
    -BRANDON-

2. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Looks like we are planning an outing for my daughters birthday with a few of her girlfriends on the 28th. Guess I can't make either the 21st or the 28th. I'm all for having the meeting on the 27th when we celebrate TPM 10th anniversary at a movie night.

3. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    TK please let me know when you are available to set me up with Ralph's computer guy to get working on our website. Also, since it has become clear that we probably shouldn't use the name Mandalorians for our official group name, we might want to discuss alternatives at our next meeting/movie night.

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I thought we received an email stating that it was ok if we used the Mandalorian name. Did this change or did I miss something?

5. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    She said something to the effect of, "as long as you aren't marketting anything." We might be selling/raffling t-shirts for fund raisers...

6. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok everyone,

We will not be having a meeting on the June 28th. I missed the date on the calander on my end.We to are having a B-Day party that weekend for Sam. She will be 12 on the 24th. and the pary is set for that Sunday the 28th. Sorry.

We can still have the movie night on the 27th. if everyone would like? We could call that the meeting as well I guess? If that works for everyone else. just let me know.

All so James.... what is this about not being about to use the name? I thought it was going to be ok? Did I miss something some where? Did something change?

Seeya,
    TK

7. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I will paste a copy of the e-mail correspondance that I had with Mary Franklin of Lucasfilm LTD:

(From Mary Franklin, LFL): "As long as you are not incorporating, selling merchandise, trademarking, and are just a fan group having fun and helping the community it is great!"

----- Original Message -----
    To: Mary Franklin
    Cc: steve renner <srenner@worldpath.net>
    Sent: Sat May 09 12:31:40 2009
    Subject: using a LFL name in our non-profit group
    Ms. Franklin,
    I was given your contact from Jedi Dajuan on TheForce.Net forums. My question is can we incorporate our non-profit group with the name New Hampshire Mandalorians. We are a SW fan club that has started on theforce.net fan forums and would like to branch out to raise funds for charitable groups such as Make-A-Wish. Can we use that name and if so is there anything we need from LFL to get permission for that name.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    James Cobern
    NHMandalorians

Perhaps we should ask her for more clarification and give her examples of what we are planning to do. I did ask her if we could incorporate under that name and she came back to say that we couldn't incorporate with the trademarked name.

8. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok... I guess that is something we will have to talk about. I personally DO NOT wish to change the name. If we do we will have to go with something NOT Star wars.

Like..... Sci-Fi club of Nh. Ummmmmmmm..... NO! lol. But we will see what we can come up with.

As for the Meeting Start time....

5pm/6pm. !! We will start the movie around 7pm ish. and go from there. I will be off this Saturday and home in the afternoon. I'll be working in the shop most of the day. I have 2 orders I'm working on filling. So if anyone wish to come by sooner you are more than welcome. Just give me a call first just to see here I am.

Now for food.... Don't eat before you come!! With all the stuff I have read about so far we should have planity of food. I will be making up a few things here as well. Just a heads up... there will be drinks (adult) at this getting together. I know for sure I will be getting my Sam Summer on BABY!! Everyone is welcome to crash and make it an all nighter if need beWe should have a good time. Thats what this get together is for right? RIGHT!!

My place will be empty for the weekend by the way.

Now a list of who is coming?
    ME
    Steve
    James
    John
    Just hear from Brandon today ...he is a go! =D=

Still have not hear from Andy so I'm not sure? [face_thinking]

Plus we have a new comer as well.... Z ! LoL [:D]

As for Pete. He has desided to take a break from the group for a while and will not be joining us. We may have a couple guys from the shop. I did ask anyone who wish to check out the movie with us to stop on by. Most likely they will not ... but... It is nice to ask. If anyone needs anything please let me know. Make a post or send over that lovely PM.

Z... If you need any help getting here let me know. It is right down the street from you. You should be all set. John did say he sent you all my info (Thanks John) But if you need anything else...

OK, Guy's I'm sure I'll talk to a couple of you before this weekend. Everyone have a great week.

Later,
    TK

9. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    Thanks, definitely count me in!

10. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Very NICE!! =D=

SeeYa,
    TK