main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Junior Academy - Kids' Club Starting up! Join us!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    The Spokantina Fanclub is adding a mini-club(costume/prop, books, collecting) feature to our group, which now includes a mini-club for younger members ages 14 and under. Our goals for this group are not only to have fun, but to exercise the skills learned in school and to learn new skills. Bayard has offered to create a lightsabre training course, I will head up the sewing/costuming skills and all other members will be helping with the academic/educational projects. If you have children who wish to join or wish to help with this min-club, please PM me if you have questions! Now the details:

When: Saturday, June 25th, 10:30 AM to Noon
    Where: The Home of Spokantina Member PadmayandLuke (please post here or PM for directions, for internet privacy reasons, we will not post the address here)

We have a simple website which should be operational soon: kids.thespokantina.com

2. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    KIDS CLUB SITE IS UP AND RUNNING!

That is all. :D

3. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    That's great that it's getting started! =D=
    I would like directions please.

4. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Also, just make sure, the meeting this saturday is for the kids, right? What activities are planned? Should atendees bring anything? I intend to come and bring my son. Should I bring toy lightsabers? or a kids book? Maybe milk and Oreos... nevermind. Those would never get past my kitchen.

5. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    I say, bring anything you like, if there is opportunity to use it, you have it with you. I know some of the older boys are bringing their miniatures game and will be demonstrating it. This meeting is simply a get-to-know-you gathering. Several of the kids from Linwood couldn't make it because they are participating in HoopFest, but they will hopfully join us at our next meeting. If you have an activity you think would be fun for our first meeting, PM me! Also, Rhianna is making a snack, but I'm sure extra snacks will be well received!

6. padmay_and_luke

padmay_and_luke Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Extra snacks are always welcome. I will have something sweet, so if anyone wants to counter with something healthy, by all means. I have a hunch Kelli may arrive a little sooner than 10:30? That's fine - I'll be up and ready to go. Baxter is so excited for the first SW Kids meeting; he's been decorating and laying ground rules. :)

Padmay

7. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Just a follow up to the meeting on saturday. I think it went very well. We decided to meet every other saturday at 10:30 (right?) and the youth response to the planned junior activities and structure seemed well received. Any other information about the Junior acadamey changes that I didn't hear about, please post here. Thanks padmay_and_luke for hosting, it seems like an ideal location (it is for me anyway!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.