main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Jurassic Park" and "Schindler's List" soundtracks

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Jedi_Apprentice_Celt, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Come on, you're deluding yourself here! It's not based on a classical piece, it's based on a folk song which would have been written centuries before Prokofiev and Shostakovich. It's the same as the main theme from "The River Wild" which is based on an old song called "The Water is Wide"

I think it's clear that both SL and EotG used the same piece as their 'inspiration' There are just TOO many similarites between the two (But SL came first, so I guess that Horner copied him :p )

If in doubt, remember what a wise man once said
    "Listen to Halibut. It will make life so much easier"

2. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    *I* said that, halibut... ;)

I'm just an idealist, that's all. I'm really trying to convince myself that John Williams and James Horner would not look at the same piece of music and decide to...erm...be "inspired"....

[face_devil]

Also: what I meant with the P/S reference was that one of them adapted the folk theme for piano. I know that neither one of them was the original composer.

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    the SL CD arrived today, and now I'm listening to it the second time, and I must say I like it very much.
    Although it doesn't hit my taste exactly
    Except for the Piano Version of the Theme... I melted away when hearing it for the first time

one should not listen to it while sad or depressed, though - too melancholic :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.