main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic Park question

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by vader_is_da_sith, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vader_is_da_sith

vader_is_da_sith Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2002
    So I'm doing the Jurassic Park novel for my english summative and one of the things I have to write about is its shortcomings...I can't really find any, the novel is almost (or is) freakin perfect...help?

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I wouldn't really call it a perfect novel at all. The biggest thing that I can think about is the scientific inaccuracies that are presented in it.

3. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I would have to say that for this novel, It comes close to perfect for me. There are some holes in the science but it is in fact a sci-fi story. Sometimes i think that it can get a little wordy for the people who don't like all the science jargon. To me it was no problem but i can see it being one for someone.

Also, we don't meet the main character till later on in the book. It's kind of up in the air who the book is going to be about.

dkt

4. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I loved the book but looking at it from a literary perspective I seem to recall the characters were a bit flat. I don't think any of them grew over the course of the book or at least not that I can remember.

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    This book was so good. Sorry can't think of anything really negative to say about it.

6. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I read the last 100 pages in under 2 hours, so I guess I liked it. ;)

As far as negatives, you might have to think existential. One of the more minor morals of the story is that man has his place in the world and should stay there, which is rather depressing. That suggests that there is a functional limit to how much we should learn, how much we should try to learn, and I find that heartbreaking. I think given enough time that we CAN and WILL be able to do anything, and we shouldnt be afraid of the attempt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.