main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jurassic Park

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by jedi_john_33, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    yeah. that was one of the scariest scenes of the movie when the raptors are in the kitchen. scariest scene would probably have to be the vehicles stopping in front of the t-rex paddock and the t-rex coming

2. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Walking with Dinosaurs can suck it. Suck it dry.

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i sort of wish muldoon survived like in the book. he was a cool character

4. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    That's what I was referring to, but I couldn't remember the specifics.

I read somewhere recently from the producer that Speilberg will most likely be directing JP4, so there's hope yet.

5. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    It's kind of interesting how the only dinosaur in existence hasn't been used in any of the movies.

Though, they call it the prehistoric crocodile, it's still a very old creature. I'd like to see one in JP4. A big, huge, croc.

Only to be tackled by a 50 foot tall Steve Irwin. :p

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Huh huh what?

Even the T-Rex is supposedly going to have feathers in this one. Poor modern children they'll never know they joy that un-fury dinosaurs can bring.

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    T-Rex with feathers??? that's not right [face_shame_on_you]

8. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    ?Any soldier worth his pay has a name to answer to, not a number,? he says. So we are introduced to Achilles, Hector, Perseus, Orestes, and Spartacus, each of them a specially created deinonychus, which is sort of like a miniature T-rex [This is untrue; they are more like velociraptors]. They have super-sensitive smell and hearing, incredible strength and speed and pack-hunting instincts, and they have modified forelegs, lengthened and topped with more dextrous fingers, as well as dog DNA for increased obedience and human DNA so they can solve problems well. All of this is topped off with a drug-regulating implant that can dose them with adrenaline or serotonin as the situation demands."

Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Raphael anyone? :oops:

9. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    Ha ha, exactly! Nick can be Splinter, and the raptors' speaking abilities from the third movie will be enhanced and they will call him "sensei."

10. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'm having a heart attack listening to these crazy movie idea theories for JP4

11. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Wait 'til you see the movie o_O

12. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Those weren't theories, that was the script that we just barely avoided.

13. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Jurassic Park is on USA right now.

14. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    T-Rex with feathers??? that's not right

Animal Planet recently aired a special where they unveiled the "new," feathered T-Rex at the end. He looked pretty, well, flambuoyant.

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    if they even do that. i doubt they'd do a t-rex w/ feathers on the big screen. it just wouldn't seem as intimidating or scary

16. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Well like I said the most recent rumor I'd heard was pointing to the fact that everything was going to be covered in feathers.

It was an old article (2004) but here is what it had to say:

"However, the discovery of feathered dinosaurs at Liaoning is trickling down into popular culture. The first Jurassic Park film featured mainly scaly reptiles, Norell says, "But from what I've seen of the first shots of Jurassic Park IV, all the dinosaurs now have feathers."

Just one more reason it would suck to be a kid these days.

17. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yeah. that article has to be false mainly because Jurassic Park IV hasn't even started filming yet

18. durden21

durden21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2001
    Filming and pre-production work are two different things.

Its an excerpt from a Nature article. Not exactly Hollywood smut.

19. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    but it says he's seen the first shots of it? i mean if this film was actually in production whether it be in pre-production or principal photography we would be hearing alot of news about it already if work started on it in 2004.

20. durden21

durden21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2001
    We have heard a lot about it. Admittedly most of it has gone back to the drawing board and this may be another example of it but I wouldn't think so.

Like I said, real scientist, real magazine so I'm apt to believe him when he says he saw dinosaurs with feathers. It could go back to the drawing board with everything else but if you think about it it kind of makes sense.

JP the book and the novel have both been about "redefining" what we think about dinosaurs. Even though the movies took more liberties with the scientific fact then the book did they've still been keeping up with the science for the most part. Once the bird dinosaur connection became more cemented in popular science we started to see it reflected in the movies (raptors with feathers). Now that the connection is becoming even more excepted (slight aside but they recently found a velociraptor fossil with feathers and some are saying the archeopteryx that we all grew up thinking was an early bird might of been the rule with small dinosaurs instead of the exception) I think that too will be reflected in the movies.

How much we'll have to see. Will the raptors have their "wings" or will it just be more of the crests that we've already seen? Will the T-Rex be furry like we saw in walking with dinosaurs or will it just have a little crest and a few random feathers? Either way I'd expect more of what we've already seen in JP3 and a continuation of feathered dinos in JP. ;)

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i wonder what cast they'll bring back. i wouldn't mind seeing seeing Sam Neil and Jeff Goldblum back as Grant and Malcom. it'd be cool to see those 2 back together. they're my favorite characters in the movies

22. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
  23. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Give Michael Crichton complete creative control and have it be the Ultimae Jurassic Park movie

24. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Westworld o_O

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    some news on JP4. looks like Spielberg isn't being considered for director.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13555

MTV caught up with producer/director Frank Marshall, who shared a bit more on Jurassic Park 4 and Indiana Jones 4:

"'Jurassic Park 4' is coming to life," he proudly reported. "There's a script, we're getting a director and we're going to get going probably toward the end of this year." Referring to the director of "Park 3," Marshall added that "Joe Johnston could be back. We want to get the script right before we go forward, which is exactly what's [happening with what] your next question is going to be about, 'Indy 4.'" OK then, Frank: What is going on with the next Indiana Jones movie? "We're getting the script right, we're working on it. It's not one of those things that's on the back burner." Grinning, Marshall added that he might try to get both films made by simply combining them. "Indiana Jones goes to the island," he said. "Indy versus the raptors. Get him with that whip."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.