Jurassic Park

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by jedi_john_33, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
  2. General_Veers05 Jedi Knight

star 2
    That line of toys must be the most patheric thing in the JP franchise..well apart form the 3rd movie that is *shudders* we all remember the...y'know the ting everyone hates in JP 3?
  3. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7

Spinosaurus. Yes, we hate it. I was thinking SpiNOsaurus when I first saw it.
  4. General_Veers05 Jedi Knight

star 2
    oh yeah...i thought it was something like that (although i knew anyway) a ig ugly dino that topples the throne of the T-Rex and becomes king...*Long slow cringe*
  5. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    Well, Spino was the biggest carnivore ever found.
  6. General_Veers05 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Correct, but its no where near as immortal as the tyrannosaurus rex. Whn you were a kid...what dinosaur did you (out if the big ones) think was the best?

certainly not the spinosaurus....
  7. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    QFT
  8. General_Veers05 Jedi Knight

star 2
  9. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    "Quoted for Truth" It means that I agree with you.

Sorry, I've just gotten used to posting that.
  10. General_Veers05 Jedi Knight

star 2
    No problem, do it as much as you like now

lmao!

11. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    [image=http://www.nsmovie.com/mimages/jlj.jpg][image=http://movie.yesky.com/movie/cover/275/1275_Jurassic4a.jpg]

lotta japanese sites contain posters for JP4. what do you think of them.
  12. DarthAJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Well besides the fact that there obviously fake and have Samuel L. Jackson in the credits even though he's dead...

meh, they're okay
  13. General_Veers05 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Even if they are fake, at least the T-rex is back on the cover...
  14. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Giganotasaurus is the largest land predator ever found. It basically looks like an Allosaurs but larger than T-rex. It was a few feet longer with weight estimates of around a ton heavier than T-rex.

I liked JP but there was not enough dino action. JP2 was watchable, but bad. JP3 I liked, enough story to be interesting, lots of dino action, a fun, basic romp on a dinosaur island. For JP4 I'd just like to see some variety.

Giganotosaurus

[image=http://www.toyen.uio.no/dinosaurer/images/giganotosaurus_art.jpg]

Tapejara

[image=http://www.ststephens.it/biology/dinosaur/rondino/p163.jpg]

Quetzalcoatlus, hybodus, there's a few hundred million years of dinosaurs to choose from.
  15. General_Veers05 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Actually lots of people tend to despise JP3 - possibly because of very poor, very unrealistic story. Number 2 (the lost world) in my eyes may not be believeable, but it certainly does give Jurassic park a darker theme. Jurassic park (number 1) is indeed the best. The story is brilliant, yet theres apparantly "not enough dino action" - but nearing the end when the velociraptors are in the kitchen (DVD chapter : Chaos In The Kitchen) is fantastic and nail biting, and I have not yet felt that sensation with JP2, let alone The lost world...

However, it does come down to taste - whether you like a action-packed movie with no stroyline, or a movie aimed to capture viewers with a clever storyline. Or maybe just both. Possibly one of the greatest examples of mixing storyline and action is the Alien trilogy (notice i did not say Quadrilogy - im leaving Alien ressurection out here.)
  16. Vengance1003 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Does any one know who killed the people on the boat in TLW at the end?
  17. JediPrettyBoy Jedi Master

star 4
    The T-rex got loose on the boat on its way to San Diego.

Just before being eaten, some guy presses the button to the door. With him still in her mouth, momma-Rex sees the door closing and hurries inside to her baby. The doors close pretty slowly so she would have time to grab him leaving his arm there with the button still being pressed by his dead arm.
  18. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, Velociraptors make more sense.

In the first book they were getting off the island by getting on a ship. And what happened on the ship in THE LOST WORLD didn't appear to be something the T-Rex could've done due to the T-Rex still being locked up and a room on the ship showing a human hand as remains of a victim possibly having to small of an opening for the T-Rex to have made that kill without damaging the opening to the room and or the room, itself.

And, if I remember correctly, the baby T-Rex had already been brought to the main land ahead of the adult T-Rex.

Seems like Velociraptors are (at least possibly) the culprits.

And that's what a Jurassic park sequel could be about (dinosaurs getting off the island(s) and to main land as alluded to in the books).

19. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's strange how the T-rex, that's like 1/5 the size of the ship, got into all the little bulkheads, hallways and even the bridge to eat little, tiny bits and pieces of everyone. I almost loled at that moment in theater.
  20. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    you honestly think it was the T-Rex that killed the crew? o_O
  21. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The novel said the Velociraptors, but it wasn't implicated during the movie. All the visual narration established those kills were made by the T-rex.
  22. General_Veers05 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Actually, i felt it was implied.....
  23. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    That's just it. It appears more like something Velociraptors could have/would have done.

And Ian did ask if there were other dinosaurs on the ship. Interesting that Spielberg would put that in the movie. [face_thinking]
    Really, even after the details you mentioned in your 8/25 6:23pm post you still feel all the visual narration established the kills were made by the T-Rex? o_O ;)
    It did appear to be very possibly Velociraptors. [face_thinking]

24. General_Veers05 Jedi Knight

star 2
    If that is the case....i thought it would be good if Spielberg made it more apparent, although i like the spooky sort of idea of Raptors sneaking onto the boat and killing the crew..

so, if they decided to have raptors AND the T-rex, the raptors might have outshined the T-rex...
  25. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, they could've saved covering the Velociraptors getting to mainland for a sequel (that could've been done for the third movie). THE LOST WORLD could've still ended as it did (not outshining the T-Rex) and the next movie could've had Velociraptors on the mainland, confirming that they were on the boat at the end of THE LOST WORLD.

This still could be done in a sequel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.