main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jurassic Park

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by jedi_john_33, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Sorry to stray off the current discussion but I have to say JP was one of those few movies where I shed a tear of joy. Namely the scene where they see the dinosaurs for the first time. It was a turning point in cinematic history. George Lucas himself had said after they did JP he knew VFX were at the point where he could seriouly start to work on scripts for the PT. Having been a SW fan my whole life and having seen the OT in all their original premieres, and having waited for years, JP gave me alot of hope. I knew as movie-goers we were stepping into a new realm of visual technology and things were only going to get better.

2. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    Few weeks back we had family movie night, and we watched this with our 4 year old daughter. She absolutely loved it! Amazingly, she wasn't scared at all! During the scene with the impact tremors, as Timmy watches the ripples caused by it, her eyes just about bugged out of her head! Of course we did have the volume on the home theater system cranked!

I think this movie did to her what Jaws did to me. The only books she wants to get out of the library are books about dinosaurs! :D

3. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    This, I think, is the sign you're raising a child correctly. ;) :D

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    John Williams set for Jurassic Park IV?

Williams, now 76, was conductor of the Pops from 1980 to 1993. According to industry reports, he remains a busy man, with soundtracks for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," "Jurassic Park IV," and "Superman: Man of Steel" all scheduled for his touch.

5. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    I took it to mean that his themes would be used. I highly doubt he'd come back to score it unless Spielberg was at the helm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.