main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    NEXT TOPIC!

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Settled.

3. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Looks like there is another returning character to Jurrassic World from the first movie. The T-Rex. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but according to the website(which is great by the way) the T-Rex on show has been on the Island for 25 years. Which, I can only assume, means it's the same Rex from the first movie.

Which I think is kinda cool. And also means I hope she kills the new monster thing, and will be extremely pissed if it's the other way around.

4. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm a bit confused about which T-Rex it could be. I think this is the rundown of what we've had already:

1st movie: Adult female
    2nd movie: Adult male and adult female, which are parents to one baby
    3rd movie: Adult, gets killed by Spinosaurus

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    It's probably the adult female from the first movie. The circumstantial evidence is that promotional pictures show her with scars on the left side of her neck, which might be from the raptors in the first film.

Though... there are also scars on her right side. Maybe from her years of running loose on the island?

EDIT: That, and the movie is set on Isla Nublar again. Unless they've grown another rex from scratch or captured one on Isla Sorna, it's probably the original.

ShaneP, Thoix Heoro and EHT like this.
  6. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Trevorrow confirmed it as the original Rex.

The scars on the right side of her face came from the raptor just before she killed it.

ShaneP and EHT like this.
  7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    The one that got killed by the Spino in 3 could be the infant from TLW, right?

Or actually any of the three on the island now that I'm thinking about it.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Wait, what? They have a dinosaur that killed people as an attraction? How does that make any sense? Animals like that are almost always put down. I liked the book ending where the Costa Rican military sterilized Isla Nublar. Of course, Costa Rica has no military in real life, but there's no way anyone would have let those dinosaurs live after what happened. God, these JP sequel movies are dumb.

9. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

Well, given that the dinosaurs were breeding since the island was abandoned since the hurricane in 1993....there's probably a few more rexes on Sorna that we don't know about. The only reason the breeding pair showed up was because their baby was stolen and they went nuts chasing the intruders out of their territory.

10. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002
    I mentioned earlier in this thread that JW seemed to be a criticism of "Summer Blockbuster" movies and compared Bryce Dallas Howard's "Bigger! Louder! More Teeth!" mentality to Michael Bay's filmmaking....but it also works as a spot-on criticism of JP3.
    Joe Johnston and Universal wanted to bring a "new bad boy" to the franchise, and trotted out Wrong-osaurus....so much so that the logo was changed to feature Wrongo.

And after all the hate JP3 got with Wrong-osaurus offing Rexy with no repercussions, I seriously doubt Trevorrow would do the same, especially since everything he's released to promote the film thus far has been a nostalgic wet dream.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Not when its one of the rarest animals on the earth.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Surely with a new park up and running they can simply breed (clone, whatever) new T-Rexes.

13. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

Cloning dinosaurs is prohibitively expensive though. Hence the reason BioSyn paid Nedry to steal the embryos and why InGen decided to harvest dinosaurs from Sorna in TLW.

The book hammered the point home. One scene featured Hammond and Wu talking about improving the dinosaurs....Wu wanted to create dinosaurs as close as possible to their natural states, while Hammond maintained that the dinosaurs on the island were good enough.
    Later in one of Muldoon's passages, he mentions that there was a thought to surgically remove the venom glands from the Dilophosaurs, but because that would require killing a dilophosaur and dissecting it to see where the venom glands actually were, Hammond quickly put his foot down against it, because of the capital invested in each animal.

14. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Okay, I am now at 100% on my excitement radar. I am going out tomorrow and buying the trilogy from Best Buy.

15. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    "We spend so much time thinking about whether or not we can, we don't take the time to think whether or not we should."
    -Ian Malcolm

The quote isn't perfect, but this franchise has always been about human greed, and the fact that we don't think about our actions. This film seems to fit in perfectly.

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    So it's a parable about how Hollywood is out of ideas and just adds unneeded sequels to generate easy profits?

17. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
  18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm actually thinjking they were trained from birth, way before the film starts, rather than freshly trained during the film.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Teaser trailer for LEGO Jurassic World

Way to mock the T-Rex, Telltale Games :p

Healer_Leona , halibut and Gamiel like this.
  21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, that's a better way to put it. What I really meant was that the fact that he'd already been training them would be revealed at some point in the movie. That shot makes it look like they are still working together and it's a work in progress (the "eyes on me" part), but yeah, that can't be the very first time. If he tried that for the first time with adults, he'd probably get torn apart.

Diggy likes this.
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That sounds about right.

EHT likes this.
  23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Mockbuster...

24. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6