main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

official Jurassic World Soundtrack Music, debuted on WQXR FM a Classical Radio Station in New York, in an interview with Michael Giacchino Last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    EHT I have been following Production on JW the whole way and IMHO there are almost as many animatronics as the first two and way less CGI then the third one. Trevarrow is Old school like Abrams and prides himself as someone who uses Minimal CGI and blends CGI and Practical Effects really well, obviously we live in thee year 2015 some CGI Is inevitable ....

SithSense and EHT like this.
  3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Yesterday my coworker said that he couldn't wait for this "reboot." I told him that it's actually a continuation of the original trilogy.

His response: "There was a Jurassic Park 2 and 3?!"

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Rewatched the trilogy for the first time in many years in preparation. 3 is still better than 2.

Rogue1-and-a-half and SithSense like this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I used to like Three but I have grown to despise it in my old age, my favorites are the first two and so far the Trailers, TV Spots, Short Scenes, and Behind the scenes stuff for the New movie all look Fantastic IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I don't think I've ever heard this claim. :eek:

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I find 2 to be quite dull. Not enough jeopardy. 3 had it in spades. Great action popcorn flick

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I think TLW is a better film, but JP3's one saving grace is its relative brevity; 94 min vs. TLW's 129 min. Of course JP3 does feel pretty thin, but at least it's over quickly. There's a backhanded compliment if I've ever heard one.

DarthMane2 and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

I agree with this claim. 2 was a mess of bad delivery. 3 was just quick fun.

Rogue1-and-a-half and halibut like this.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The more I see trailers, clips & TV spots the more I worry this movie will actually just be a way OTT Dinosaur carnage CGI cluster****

I hope it isn't so.

11. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    That bit in the previews with the Pteranodon picking up that woman and dropping her into the ocean, straight into the mouth of that sea dinosaur, kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kids getting nightmares from that bit, and I wouldn't exactly blame them.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Can Pteranodons even lift with their feet? I thought they were mouth carriers.

It's also the clip I saw of the flaming helicopter crashing through the glass roof while I-Rex roars. It's so.....Michael Bay-ish

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I was expecting to go on a rant after this (Giacchino how could you???), but huh. It's actually pretty good. I like how his new theme ties into the old one. It doesn't rely on it; it's clearly it's own thing. And it's got that charming friendly vibe that you'd expect from a theme park that's been around for a while, as opposed to the bombastic music in the first one that mirrored Hammond's grand expectations. And the second half (the "Untitled Track" I guess?) is playing into a lot of William's old JP motifs without copying them note-for-note. The transition at 5:28 is a great homage to the original soundtrack's "Journey to the Island."

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I was going to listen to the music but the pun in "As The Jurassic World Turns" killed me.

15. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

It's Giacchino...his puns are almost as famous as his compositions. Case in point: "End Creditouilles", "The Apes of Wrath", "Give Her My Budapest".

16. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    TLW feels like a JP movie, to me that's it's saving grace. JP/// is like a JP movie on speed. Its a fast paced, amoral action flick that is everything it says on the package. Unlike the previous 2 moives, it doesn't try it be more than that. It barely even takes itself seriously. Like Terminator 3, it's a formulaic and over the top action flick that doesn't really take itself seriously.

17. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

Totally agree.

18. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002
    After having listened to the Giacchino pieces a few times....I don't like them. Hopefully the rest of the score is better, but from this segment released....it's failed to win me over. It sounds like a generic inspirational movie score...remove the Jurassic Park theme at the five minute mark and it would fit into any movie.

Seriously, listen to it while looking at this poster:
    [​IMG]

Universal should have hired Joel McNeely instead....I mean heck, John Williams handpicked him to score "Shadows of the Empire" way back when, and he did such a good job of it that it meshes completely with Williams' prior work.

19. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Really? I remember Jurassic Park III getting praise and considered by critics as more entertaining than The Lost World.
    I was all set to see this without knowing a thing but then I got stuck having to hear the trailer before Mad Max: Fury Road.
    This anti-CGI backlash is so annoying and people are total hypocrites about it or just uninformed about the vast uses of the technology. Most people didn't know what was animatronic and what was CGI in 1993 so why does everyone have to pick these things apart now?

THX_1138biggs likes this.
  20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Really? I don't get that at all I see a lot that could be Animotronic and the trailers, TV Spots, and behind the scenes footage all looks really epic to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

Because we've been inundated with terribly fake CGI for far too long and we dislike it.

Jurassic Park's Brachiosaurus scene:
    [​IMG]

JP3's Brachiosaurus:
    [​IMG]

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't know if this was posted here already, but Cracked did a whole article recently about why crappy CGI bothers us so much now

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-expensive-films-end-up-with-crappy-special-effects/

*language warning*

A good point it makes is that the original JP made effort to hide a lot of its CGI with dark scenes & rain & other stuff. Apart from the Brachiosaurus scene & T-Rex killing Gallimimus you don't see much that stands out as obvious fakery.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  23. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    The JPIII/T3 comparison is a good one. In both instances a great director who had done the first two entries stepped aside and was replaced by a (in the case of Johnston at least) solid, but undeniably lesser, director. And of course really the big thing is neither threequel was even remotely necessary and it showed in the uninspired plots.

24. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't perceived a lot of visual effects as being bad quality. The only aggravations I have with many effects-filled movies is that filmmakers seem to take advantage of the ability to do something and make scenes too lengthy.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    They never stop to ask themselves if they should do something. :p