main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    No advertising your JP board!

JP

2. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    ^Don't believe it was intentional, it was just news post we did over on JPLegacy that the guy copy pasted over here. No need to get all soup Nazi on us.
    Definitely CGI. JW has some of the best CGI I've seen, but you can tell this is CGI by the motion blur. Animatronis don't motion blur the same way a CGI model does.

3. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    ^ You can stop advertising it too.

4. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    I just mentioned the name dude, are we not allowed to mention the names of other forums?

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Can I advertise my JP forum, JP? It's not about JP it's about JP which is JP but not that JP. JP.

Barriss_Coffee, halibut and jp-30 like this.
  7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Maybe, Evan, maybe.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, that shot of the Indominus Rex definitely looks to be all CGI to me.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    This post brought to you by www.jp-30.com The only Jurassic Park website you'll ever need.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't think ILM is the best in the business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

So, all we need now is Captain Rex. :D

12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think the shot I posted of the I-Rex looks like a composite, the limbs and body are probably CGI but I think the Head looks Like an Animotronic If I am wrong then it is really good CGI that is fooling these 33 year old Eyes.....

Is there a problem with posting stories from other websites? If there Is then I am sorry I won't do it again, I thought it was OK because we are in a Jurassic World movie thread??

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Let's say that I post a link to my website in every single review post I make. Would that also be a problem?

15. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008

EHT likes this.
  16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    may be I am missing something but I don't think the moderators have a problem with It?

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I have no problem with trained Raptors, how is it any different then Trained Tigers? And we all know how this is going to go.... The Raptors are going to feast on Humans after Turning on Owen. Tamed Tigers almost always turn on there masters and Maul Them to Death, there was an article about it in Smithsonian Magazine last year. And In the end Isn't that what the common theme has been all along in this movie series?

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    My interpretation of that video is that he does successfully get them settled down after that clip... I don't think they turn on him or eat anyone, at least not then. We've seen a clip right after this point in the trailers, when he says "eyes on me". There is also a part in the trailers when we see one of them jump on someone, so I'm not sure when that happens. But it seems to me that things do get "fixed" with them at some point, and he obviously has them assisting him on that mission when he's on his motorcycle.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I didn't mean in that scene, I meant eventually and also the underlying theme in these movies that some times a really good idea can be a really bad idea in actuality and in that sense they nailed the idea of a JP movie IMHO ....

20. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    TBH, the more I see Owen interacting with the Raptors, the less "trained" they feel. They seem to be "trained" in only the loosest definition of the word. The Raptors are actually pushing Owen towards the gate. You can see that they're advancing on him ever so slowly, and he keeps backing up trying to maintain his leadership. This is a highly unstable relationship, one that walks upon a knifes edge, I really think that these Raptors may be playing Owen, pretending to be amiable while they bide their time, waiting for a chance to escape. They know that if they rushed the gate while it was open, they'd be shot before they got to the treeline.

Also, according to this article, the only animatronic built was the Apatosaurus one, which Trevorrow had to fight to even get. The raptor busts we've been seeing are maquettes. Highly realistic maquettes, but maquettes all the same.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    first of all that website you linked regarding Animotronics is far from Official I am going on what I know of the Director and what I can see with my own eyes, I think my pictures prove my point IMHO. I totally agree with you about Owen and the raptors though Those Raptors are biding there time and then they will attack ....

22. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    That picture of the iRex is clearly and plainly CGI. There's no composite, there's no animatronic, it's all CGI. Very good CGI, but it still has the tell tale signs in the motion blur.

EHT and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I disagree IMHO it could be an Animotronic or a composite, Like I said If I am wrong then ILM Is doing the best CGI In the business hands down.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They kind of are...

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    well that goes without saying I guess.

On another note I am loving those two Giacchino selections from JW if John Williams cant finish Star Wars Episode 8 and 9 then after hearing what Giacchino has done with the JW soundtrack I think Giacchino has to be signed to do Star Wars !