main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Decent casting ideas there, although acting has never been a big issue in the JP movies.

Do they? It was suggested filming will start next year which seems pretty late for a 2015 release given how much post-production a movie like that needs. If casting and locations are already sorted why not start this year?

2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I want to see Ariana return as a grown up Lex, not Bryce.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to see human/dino hybrids running around, and a cloned Sam Neil who treats one of them like a son. It'll play like a satire of the JP films, and Ron Perlman will also be in it.

4. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I am willing to disregard the previous sentences as long as that last one is true.

5. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Be careful what you wish for. The last time Ron Perlman did a movie about a crazy scientist doing genetic experiments on a tropical island, we got

And before that we had him as Preacher Goatface.

6. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  7. ForeverSleep

ForeverSleep Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2004
    That looks like a reboot poster to me. So long sequel.

8. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    It may not be the final logo/name.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yea, probably letting us know what we could expect and the year the movie will come out.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    A different and more accurate adaptation of the book would be OK.

11. ForeverSleep

ForeverSleep Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2004
    That worked out really well for Total Recall. ;)

12. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    I'd actually prefer a reboot. You can only have people returning to these islands for so many times.

Well actually scratch that. I'd prefer a prequel on the building of the park and the things that go wrong trying to build it, a kind of Batman Begins, if you will. Have all the sturggles Hammond goes through, Wu's research, the development of the park.

I'd make a trilogy:
    1.) A Prequel
    2.) Jurassic Park (more true to the book)
    3.) The Lost World.

Or I'd do an alternative world where the park is a thriving success and the disaster happens when there's more then 6 tourists.

There's lots of good ideas for a reboot.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yay, no Spino image!

DarthBoba likes this.
  14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

I don't know..the book is quite a lot different in its tone and message. Although with how big a deal GMOs are becoming nowadays it's practically prophetical.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Isn't the point of such movies to serve as a warning to us about the dangers of messing with things?

The Day After Tomorrow was a Global Warming movie, Terminator & other sci-fis warn of creating machines that are too smart and overthrow us, while Jurassic Park is a warning about messing with genetics and cloning too much.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Wonder who will play in the movie, maybe have Sam Neill and Laura Dern return as Alan Grant and Ellie Satler

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Wait I thought this was cancelled?

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It was moved because they couldn't get it done for the originally announced release date (which anyone could have guessed given they had no director or cast set when they announced it).

At least 2015 gives them a whole year window in which to play with if they get a cast sorted and start filming next year

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    It was only delayed, till yesterday when they announced a date for 2015

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh really? I didn't know that. Is it with the same director, or are they searching for a new one?

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Same director.

22. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exc...on-the-story-and-concept-for-jurassic-park-iv

Jurassic Park 4, set in present day Isla Nublar, is now an actual theme park, as originally intended by John Hammond in the first film. It garners 10 million visitors per year and is completely safe - until it's not. The park itself is described as very Sea World-esque and includes an area called the Isla Nublar Lagoon. That means underwater dino's for the first time. No indication of what kind, but there's concept art showing one of the aquatic dino's, as part of a show, jumping out of the lagoon and eating a strung up great white shark like it was a fish for a dolphin at sea world. As part of a show, you ask? That's right, folks, this will feature "tamed" dino's. In fact, our source indicated that the usually menacing Velociraptors (which will finally be muzzled, along with the T-Rex - until they're not) will actually be used to help fight the threat, which begins in the form of a new dinosaur, not seen in any of the previous films (and not disclosed to us) shows to be much smarter than originally thought and is the main cause of havoc breaking out at the park.

UGH..........

23. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Sounds pretty good to me.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So we finally get to see the Pirates of the Caribbean eat the tourists, eh? I like it. The muzzling element also makes sense (though I pity the poor soul whose job it is to get them on and off the Raptors...).

If the new threat are the camo dinos that have been hinted at- I'm guessing they intend to unleash the known predators against the unknown predators?

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Will they explain what happened to the Dinos from the first film? Re-captured them or died out, should be interesting